Gym & Fitness Discussion

Comments

  • Kizzaah
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    FifaCity16 wrote: »
    FifaCity16 wrote: »
    Bulking season is ending :( I gained 15 pounds during this bulk. I made all types of gains! B) How much weight have you guys gained?

    No idea, a kg or 2 at most. Been going since beginning of Feb but I was ill all last week so probably lost a lot of what I gained

    Onwards and upwards. I'm currently somewhere between 54 and 58kg, so probably about 56kg and want to try and hit 60kg and go from there


    Ive been going at since November. Im try to get to 75 kg by the end of this bulk and then ill start cutting
    I've no need to cut at all, my bf is about 8% :s

    I need to gain weight though, just under 6ft and I weigh ~56kg. To be honest I am new to the gym/gaining weight but I am finding it difficult.

    What's your BMI?

  • Antparry92
    17672 posts World Class
    Kizzaah wrote: »

    What's your BMI?

    Doesn't really matter. BMI is nonsense really,cannot account for muscle mass etc
  • Kizzaah
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special

    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Kizzaah wrote: »

    What's your BMI?

    Doesn't really matter. BMI is nonsense really,cannot account for muscle mass etc

    Yes, But he may not be underweight depending on his age.
  • Antparry92
    17672 posts World Class
    54kg at a tad under 6ft is underweight regardless of age. Besides I know he's off to uni this year so 18 roughly
  • Kizzaah
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    54kg at a tad under 6ft is underweight regardless of age. Besides I know he's off to uni this year so 18 roughly

    In that case yes, he is underweight. Would've been fine being 15/16.

    He needs to calculate his BMR and add an extra 250-500 calories if he wants to gain weight.

  • Gamerking17
    1365 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    Kizzaah wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    54kg at a tad under 6ft is underweight regardless of age. Besides I know he's off to uni this year so 18 roughly

    In that case yes, he is underweight. Would've been fine being 15/16.

    He needs to calculate his BMR and add an extra 250-500 calories if he wants to gain weight.
    This is what I've been doing...Might just need to add even more. When I calculated it before I needed roughly 1900 calories maintenance (EDIT: Just checked again, BMR of 1600 so maintenance of 1900-2200. I've been trying to eat roughly 2500 calories a day and whenever I've tracked it I seem to have done fine. I'll up it a bit more and make sure I track it and stick to it. Like today I've had 2500 without counting the crappy snacks I had earlier so probably 2700

    And 56kg, not 54
  • Antparry92
    17672 posts World Class
    Kizzaah wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    54kg at a tad under 6ft is underweight regardless of age. Besides I know he's off to uni this year so 18 roughly

    In that case yes, he is underweight. Would've been fine being 15/16.

    He needs to calculate his BMR and add an extra 250-500 calories if he wants to gain weight.
    This is what I've been doing...Might just need to add even more. When I calculated it before I needed roughly 1900 calories maintenance (EDIT: Just checked again, BMR of 1600 so maintenance of 1900-2200. I've been trying to eat roughly 2500 calories a day and whenever I've tracked it I seem to have done fine. I'll up it a bit more and make sure I track it and stick to it. Like today I've had 2500 without counting the crappy snacks I had earlier so probably 2700

    And 56kg, not 54

    For your height and age, 1900 for maintenance is ridiculously low and not taking into account training that you've just started. I find it ridiculously easy to pack cals in but I've always been a very big eater to be honest
  • Gamerking17
    1365 posts Play-Off Hero
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Kizzaah wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    54kg at a tad under 6ft is underweight regardless of age. Besides I know he's off to uni this year so 18 roughly

    In that case yes, he is underweight. Would've been fine being 15/16.

    He needs to calculate his BMR and add an extra 250-500 calories if he wants to gain weight.
    This is what I've been doing...Might just need to add even more. When I calculated it before I needed roughly 1900 calories maintenance (EDIT: Just checked again, BMR of 1600 so maintenance of 1900-2200. I've been trying to eat roughly 2500 calories a day and whenever I've tracked it I seem to have done fine. I'll up it a bit more and make sure I track it and stick to it. Like today I've had 2500 without counting the crappy snacks I had earlier so probably 2700

    And 56kg, not 54

    For your height and age, 1900 for maintenance is ridiculously low and not taking into account training that you've just started. I find it ridiculously easy to pack cals in but I've always been a very big eater to be honest
    i think I need more easy, healthy meal ideas for breakfast/lunch. Any suggestions where to look?

  • FifaCity16
    711 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Kizzaah wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    54kg at a tad under 6ft is underweight regardless of age. Besides I know he's off to uni this year so 18 roughly

    In that case yes, he is underweight. Would've been fine being 15/16.

    He needs to calculate his BMR and add an extra 250-500 calories if he wants to gain weight.
    This is what I've been doing...Might just need to add even more. When I calculated it before I needed roughly 1900 calories maintenance (EDIT: Just checked again, BMR of 1600 so maintenance of 1900-2200. I've been trying to eat roughly 2500 calories a day and whenever I've tracked it I seem to have done fine. I'll up it a bit more and make sure I track it and stick to it. Like today I've had 2500 without counting the crappy snacks I had earlier so probably 2700

    And 56kg, not 54

    For your height and age, 1900 for maintenance is ridiculously low and not taking into account training that you've just started. I find it ridiculously easy to pack cals in but I've always been a very big eater to be honest
    i think I need more easy, healthy meal ideas for breakfast/lunch. Any suggestions where to look?
    Bro in your case just stick to calorie dense meals since your underweight. My personal favorite when i start bulking is pasta . Its rich in carbs and has a lot of calories .
  • Just getting back into keeping in shape after about a year or so out due to injury and I've put on a fair wee bit of weight :( cancelled my gym membership last year and not sure I want to pick it up again as I really plan on just shifting the weight by running and would rather run in the fresh air. Is that a good idea to just do cardio? Also any song recommendations or things to keep track of the runs? Haven't got an ipod/phone just a crappy phone so can't get apps haha
  • Antparry92
    17672 posts World Class
    scott0033 wrote: »
    Just getting back into keeping in shape after about a year or so out due to injury and I've put on a fair wee bit of weight :( cancelled my gym membership last year and not sure I want to pick it up again as I really plan on just shifting the weight by running and would rather run in the fresh air. Is that a good idea to just do cardio? Also any song recommendations or things to keep track of the runs? Haven't got an ipod/phone just a crappy phone so can't get apps haha
    Best way to shift fat is a keto diet with weights and the odd HIIT during the week. Stick to compound movements and free weights as well
  • Antparry92
    17672 posts World Class
    Lets get this thread going like the old one :)
  • SterlingArcher
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    Best exercises out of the gym for lower abs? Easily the most difficult area for me to tone :|
  • Chinny
    1713 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    Best exercises out of the gym for lower abs? Easily the most difficult area for me to tone :|
    get on that 30 day ab challenge.
    Situps, Crunches, Leg Raises and Planks.
  • Chinny
    1713 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    stupid forum
  • Antparry92
    17672 posts World Class
    edited April 2015
    Best exercises out of the gym for lower abs? Easily the most difficult area for me to tone :|

    Please never ever use the word tone again :neutral:
  • Antparry92 wrote: »
    scott0033 wrote: »
    Just getting back into keeping in shape after about a year or so out due to injury and I've put on a fair wee bit of weight :( cancelled my gym membership last year and not sure I want to pick it up again as I really plan on just shifting the weight by running and would rather run in the fresh air. Is that a good idea to just do cardio? Also any song recommendations or things to keep track of the runs? Haven't got an ipod/phone just a crappy phone so can't get apps haha
    Best way to shift fat is a keto diet with weights and the odd HIIT during the week. Stick to compound movements and free weights as well
    I'm not really up for changing my whole diet, I've no weights and HIIT just aggravates my ankle when I done it in the past
  • Antparry92
    17672 posts World Class
    Well if you're not willing to change up your diet then how do you think you'll shift the weight?
    Join a gym,best way you can spend your money
  • Jesus Shuttlesworth
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    scott0033 wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    scott0033 wrote: »
    Just getting back into keeping in shape after about a year or so out due to injury and I've put on a fair wee bit of weight :( cancelled my gym membership last year and not sure I want to pick it up again as I really plan on just shifting the weight by running and would rather run in the fresh air. Is that a good idea to just do cardio? Also any song recommendations or things to keep track of the runs? Haven't got an ipod/phone just a crappy phone so can't get apps haha
    Best way to shift fat is a keto diet with weights and the odd HIIT during the week. Stick to compound movements and free weights as well
    I'm not really up for changing my whole diet, I've no weights and HIIT just aggravates my ankle when I done it in the past

    If you want to lose weight, you need to change your diet. Eat healthy (no sugars, no mcdonalds, etc) and eat less (caloric deficit), also drink a LOT of water. Adding to this, do cardio. You'll lose weight.

    You might want to check also the "Military Diet". Simple and hard diet.
  • I've already made changes to my diet so I don't planning on making any more right now. Just wanted advice on whether or not just cardio is a good idea...
  • Kizzaah
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    scott0033 wrote: »
    I've already made changes to my diet so I don't planning on making any more right now. Just wanted advice on whether or not just cardio is a good idea...

    If you're going to do Cardio. Do Interval :)

  • Azablucky
    4134 posts National Call-Up
    How many sets and reps to work out the abs in Incline sit ups?
  • Kizzaah wrote: »
    scott0033 wrote: »
    I've already made changes to my diet so I don't planning on making any more right now. Just wanted advice on whether or not just cardio is a good idea...

    If you're going to do Cardio. Do Interval :)

    Thanks man, I'll do interval. Would you suggest like 30 second sprint 1 minute jog or something along those lines? Then increase the sprint and lower the rest as I start to feel stronger.

  • Kizzaah
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    scott0033 wrote: »
    Kizzaah wrote: »
    scott0033 wrote: »
    I've already made changes to my diet so I don't planning on making any more right now. Just wanted advice on whether or not just cardio is a good idea...

    If you're going to do Cardio. Do Interval :)

    Thanks man, I'll do interval. Would you suggest like 30 second sprint 1 minute jog or something along those lines? Then increase the sprint and lower the rest as I start to feel stronger.

    Just do what you feel comfortable in doing. 1:2 is always good to start with, Just make sure you can maintain it for 10-20 minutes. It time you'll be 1:1 for 30 minutes :wink:

    Good luck my friend :)
  • AeB 18
    613 posts Sunday League Hero
    Running while fat is awful for your knees. Do something low impact like an elliptical or an exercise bike until the weight is gone, then move to running.

    You can still do HIIT on exercise machines.
  • At the stage now where I'm happy with my size but now need to cut to ideally get down to around 10% body fat. Dieting is just so hard and I hate cardio so much, but it has to be done.
  • At the stage now where I'm happy with my size but now need to cut to ideally get down to around 10% body fat. Dieting is just so hard and I hate cardio so much, but it has to be done.

    Try HITT instead of cardio!?
  • Shaanxz
    20481 posts Club Captain
    Love exercise hate dieting.
    Dieting is 70% exercise is 30%
  • Hodor
    1394 posts Play-Off Hero
    Diet is the most important.
    I'm getting too skinny atm, quite annoying. Dropped to about 28" waist
  • Ronaldo
    3762 posts National Call-Up
    Being sick for a week and losing so much gain :/
Sign In or Register to comment.