Just finished the 40 games...

TheQuest
254 posts Sunday League Hero
Madness, was off work so push to have weekend free :dizzy:

Gold 2 :sweat:

I noticed a drastic change in level of competition early today vs this afternoon/evening...all the addicts were on this morning, should probably have waited , I would have finished higher

Comments

• BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do people find that the games are tougher on Friday? Or is it just in my mind? I find Sunday games a tad easier and I win more..
  • Jaydiz89
    464 posts Sunday League Hero
    How the **** did u play 40 matches already
  • TheQuest
    Played all day since 9 am :dizzy:

I left early in about 4 games and got 6 rage quites.
  • TheQuest
    BL86 wrote: »
    Do people find that the games are tougher on Friday? Or is it just in my mind? I find Sunday games a tad easier and I win more..

It could be an illusion but I definitely was matched with crazy icon filled teams this morning and got ****... and this evening was against much easier players with normal teams
  • BL86
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oh yeah and what Jaydiz said.. tf??
  • Aspral
    3425 posts National Call-Up
    I find regardless of the level of opponent it doesn't matter.

I'll finish on 25-30 wins every week. I'll beat players clearly better than me and lose to players I'm miles better than.

I find after midnight games are smooth and nice. Before they're awful.
  • G000ner
    4327 posts National Call-Up
    BL86 wrote: »

Yeah, Sunday is definitely easier. If youre playing sunday evening then people will often rage quit after going 1/2 nil down to try to finish all their games. Its very handy if you want to get some quick wins in. Honestly the best way of winning is to play 40 on Sunday, but I usually do 10 Friday, 10 Saturday and 20 Sunday if im doing the WL.
  • SPAMPEBS
    3962 posts National Call-Up
    TheQuest wrote: »

I noticed a drastic change in level of competition early today vs this afternoon/evening...all the addicts were on this morning, should probably have waited , I would have finished higher

Yeah I found myself no2 in the world on Xbox at about 11 this morning with 10 wins. and all of a sudden I couldn't find opponents and if I could they were always people in the top 10... I even played the same guy twice and lost twice. So just gave up in the end until tomorrow as I have no place being in the top 100 getting absolutely smashed.
  • Clancy
    7757 posts League Winner
    Aspral wrote: »

I'll finish on 25-30 wins every week. I'll beat players clearly better than me and lose to players I'm miles better than.

this i have also found!

I think its mostly due to the ISP traffic in my area dropping off sharply after midnight.
  • SH4UN
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Hahaha, so your opposition rage quit, but you ‘left early’?
  • G000ner
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »

Yeah I found myself no2 in the world on Xbox at about 11 this morning with 10 wins. and all of a sudden I couldn't find opponents and if I could they were always people in the top 10... I even played the same guy twice and lost twice. So just gave up in the end until tomorrow as I have no place being in the top 100 getting absolutely smashed.

Thats because you were getting matched up against people in bronze (your level), then once you got to silver you were getting matched up with other silver players, who were probably all in the top 100 at that time
  • TheQuest
    SH4UN wrote: »

Well I hate leaving, I hate giving them what they want, sometimes they pause to try and entice me...

but for time reasons, not rage reasons i figured 5-0 down was too much of a mountain to climb...

i've come back from 4-0 down many times so that's why I try and stay in
  • TheQuest
    And yes I've also found, late night games are definitely smoother
  • SPAMPEBS
    G000ner wrote: »

Thats because you were getting matched up against people in bronze (your level), then once you got to silver you were getting matched up with other silver players, who were probably all in the top 100 at that time

Just seems almost unfair that just because I had a lot of free time this morning I should find myself matched up against players on a completely different planet to me in terms of ability. But I understand what you're saying.
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    Matchmaking doesn't work well in FUT CHAMPIONS.

I've played 2 people in the top 100 this year and I'm a gold 1/2 player.

Easy wins for them though.
  • Retro_G
    29772 posts National Team Captain
    Clancy wrote: »
    Aspral wrote: »

this i have also found!

I think its mostly due to the ISP traffic in my area dropping off sharply after midnight.

Not as much traffic on the EA servers at that time either. Everyone usually has stacked teams when playing late.
  • Alex_cr
    5245 posts Big Money Move
    If there is match making there shouldn't be. We've all qualified so should be random.

I'm gold 3 every week (apart from the week I accidentally got drunk on Sunday) and if I take the odd beating so be it!
  • G000ner
    jackm57 wrote: »
    Matchmaking doesn't work well in FUT CHAMPIONS.

I've played 2 people in the top 100 this year and I'm a gold 1/2 player.

Easy wins for them though.

Were they on similar number of wins when you played them? Im pretty much the same, gold 1/elite 3, but I played S04 Tim Lakta who finished top 100, obviously lost. I checked the leaderboards at the time and he wasnt in top 100, so presumably he was at my level at the time.
  • SPAMPEBS
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    If there is match making there shouldn't be. We've all qualified so should be random.

I'm gold 3 every week (apart from the week I accidentally got drunk on Sunday) and if I take the odd beating so be it!

100% is matchmaking, I didn't think there was till today when it was blatantly pitting me against people in the top 100 as I could find everyone of my last 6 opponents on the leaderboards. So waiting now till I'm where I belong lol
  • Alex_cr
    5245 posts Big Money Move

100% is matchmaking, I didn't think there was till today when it was blatantly pitting me against people in the top 100 as I could find everyone of my last 6 opponents on the leaderboards. So waiting now till I'm where I belong lol

I'm sure there is just think it's wrong. I don't even know how to check who I've played. Not great with technology!
  • QuinnUK87
    2056 posts Fans' Favourite

This.. There is matchmaking. I went 12/12 earlier, all of a sudden instead of just loading instantly into a game, it was searching for a good 2 minutes each game to find an opponent on a similar record.
  • SPAMPEBS
    QuinnUK87 wrote: »

This.. There is matchmaking. I went 12/12 earlier, all of a sudden instead of just loading instantly into a game, it was searching for a good 2 minutes each game to find an opponent on a similar record.

Yeah I was waiting for over 5 minutes as soon as I got into the top 10, won't make the mistake of playing so many so early next week.
  • RemyS
    805 posts Semi-Pro
    SH4UN wrote: »

Well I hate leaving, I hate giving them what they want, sometimes they pause to try and entice me...

but for time reasons, not rage reasons i figured 5-0 down was too much of a mountain to climb...

i've come back from 4-0 down many times so that's why I try and stay in

So you mean you take a wise decision, that the odds of coming back exist but are small enough, that it is more logical to leave and play another game ?

While I totally understand and it looks quite logical, what make you think that your opponent "rage quit"? Is it impossible that they also think it is highly unlikely they come back and also take a wise and logical decision? You could even take it as a compliment, that a player only 2 goals down prefer to concede, it could mean they think you are a much better player and so most likely won't come back. While make them sound as angry and frustrated kids, who "rage quit"?

• kukuchev711
    999 posts Professional
    So you basically wasted all your day for 30k coins and a couple of packs... So sad.
  • JIGSAW_10
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So you basically wasted all your day for 30k coins and a couple of packs... So sad.

He wanted the weekend free, how is that sad?
  • kukuchev711
    999 posts Professional
    Playing 40 games for one day is madness.