The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC & console, this includes the changes listed here.

FUT Sync/Extensions can now get you banned

Comments

• Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Thanks for this - used 1 a couple of weeks ago - won't use it again now :)
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Uberman656 wrote: »

@Uberman656

I have always used it but I guess not anymore.
  • Sanchezzzz
    4336 posts National Call-Up
    This could be a good laugh
  • CR7BRUH
    3915 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2017
    @Uberman656 What team u rocking atm mate?
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    CR7BRUH wrote: »

Ill pm you it man - I don't want to derail the thread
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    This could be a good laugh

Everyone should be alright aslong as they stop using it - It says new update - Either way disabling transfer market permanently for a feature that should already be in the game is a bit harsh
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    COACH - "we always used it"
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    COACH wrote: »

@Uberman656

Seems strange they suddenly take issues with it - all it does is save time on comparing prices
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Also the fact you're basically handing your login in details to 3rd party website should ring an alarm.
  • CR7BRUH
    3915 posts National Call-Up
    CR7BRUH wrote: »

Ill pm you it man - I don't want to derail the thread

Ok, cheers
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain

@Uberman656

Seems strange they suddenly take issues with it - all it does is save time on comparing prices

I agree but anything that isnt created by them and can potentially take away sales from them is going to get shut down.
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    It's annoying because why can't EA add features like this to their web app?

They seem to hate people trading to make coins
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain

@Uberman656

It's not safe so when you get hacked and EA has never warned you before about this than it's a problem. It's a good thing they are taking action
  • Reus
    23229 posts Club Captain
    Blarix wrote: »
    Also the fact you're basically handing your login in details to 3rd party website should ring an alarm.

Never seemed worth the risk to me
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite

@Uberman656

It's not safe so when you get hacked and EA has never warned you before about this than it's a problem. It's a good thing they are taking action

Don't believe for one second that that is their motivation. It took them years to put proper security protection on our accounts.

This thinly-disguised move is to protect their bottom line, not the security of people's accounts.
  • Falafelmonster
    4841 posts National Call-Up

@Uberman656

Don't believe for one second that that is their motivation. It took them years to put proper security protection on our accounts.

This thinly-disguised move is to protect their bottom line, not the security of people's accounts.

Spot on
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    @Blarix

I dont think I ever had to give them my login information but I understand that also doesnt mean they couldnt get it on their own.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    Wouldn't surprise me if it's a new feature for Fifa 19 that'll only cost an extra £10 on top of the game
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    1bcedc99d55929903f0ac2a3fb1b9719.png
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain

@Uberman656

You're at the mercy of futbin/futwiz to keep you safe. If they have poor security you more than likely to get hacked.
  • BWild
    3700 posts National Call-Up
    Just out of curiosity, how could they even tell?
  • ThierryTheKing14
    1889 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Blarix you aren't putting your password or security question into FUTBIN at any point. Therefore there's no way of them doing it.
  • Rickch
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    BWild wrote: »

Each time these tools are run they’ll be pushing multiple calls to the EA servers, all with common markers. It would be easy
  • ThierryTheKing14
    1889 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rickch wrote: »

Each time these tools are run they’ll be pushing multiple calls to the EA servers, all with common markers. It would be easy

Someone posted up a video yesterday in yet another thread about this showing why that isn't the case at all.
  • Rickch
    376 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rickch wrote: »

Someone posted up a video yesterday in yet another thread about this showing why that isn't the case at all.

Link?
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17268 posts World Class
    edited November 2017

That's not really what happens though is it? Futbin won't access your login details, certainly not your password
  • Absting159
    7480 posts Moderator
    edited November 2017
    The recent expansion of the import to tell you how to most efficiently do the SBCs is obviously where EA took note of this and put the hammer down.

Debating how EA knows is irrelevant because obviously now it’s an issue they are directly addressing. It’s much riskier to use now than it was in the past.

• Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2017

That's not really what happens though is it? Futbin won't access your login details, certainly not your password

Please explain how it directly syncs with your account if they don't have access to it ? They'll need to access your account with the program .
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2017

Yeah they sure not ask for credentials, they simply ask you to log in and then use the app on your behalf.
    You should be safe since you technically didn't give them the credentials. Just like when you unlock the phone and let somebody else use it. It's safe because he doesn't know the passcode.