WL backing out in matchup screen

TheQuest
254 posts Sunday League Hero
edited November 2017
Another question, people seem to be backing out when being matched with me at the first screen, whenever they're picked as the away team...

is this a thing? connection related or superstition?

i always have 4 bars so I'm a bit confused

Comments

• Retro_G
    29850 posts National Team Captain
    All the top players only play at home. ;)
  • TheQuest
    yes I get that but what's the reasoning behind it?

• pudgyfudgy
    5750 posts Big Money Move
    Unlike online seasons, the latency for WL games may not be the same for you and your opponent. 4 bars for you might be 2 bars for your opponent, because you're not connected to each other, but separately connected to the EA servers.

And yeah a lot of people like playing at home because it's a familiar turf. Frankly some of the turfs in the game look horrible – some pitches are a painful shade of green, some have ridiculous shadows.
  • Retro_G
    29850 posts National Team Captain
    It's so the pro players can avoid each other.
  • TheQuest
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    Unlike online seasons, the latency for WL games may not be the same for you and your opponent. 4 bars for you might be 2 bars for your opponent, because you're not connected to each other, but separately connected to the EA servers.

And yeah a lot of people like playing at home because it's a familiar turf. Frankly some of the turfs in the game look horrible – some pitches are a painful shade of green, some have ridiculous shadows.

Ah didn't know that. OK then that it makes sense.

Cheers
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    Because they're terrified and spineless and don't want to play someone who may be a Challange, but will happily come on here talking about how they're an "elite player"

I'm so glad I don't play WL anymore, it's a cancer
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    2220 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dazza3113 wrote: »
    Because they're terrified and spineless and don't want to play someone who may be a Challange, but will happily come on here talking about how they're an "elite player"

I'm so glad I don't play WL anymore, it's a cancer
    Here we go again with more "cancer" bs, what is wrong with people?
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    If you only play at home you can't come against another player who only plays at home, i.e top 100 players. Maybe we should all do it until nobody gets a game then they're forced to do something about it.
  • ICUP
    4224 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2017
    I only ever back out if the latency looks sh*t, whether I am home or away I don't care but if I see less than 3 bars latency I am backing out
    TheQuest wrote: »
    Another question, people seem to be backing out when being matched with me at the first screen, whenever they're picked as the away team...

is this a thing? connection related or superstition?

i always have 4 bars so I'm a bit confused

I don't think the latency you have is what your opponent has, could be a thing where you have 5 bar latency but your opponent has 1 or 2
  • xJoGa7Bonito
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They don't want to play away obviously. Last WL I played around 5 home games. People just keep backing out.
  • Jaydiz89
    464 posts Sunday League Hero
    He's abviously a kid talking about cancer so lightly only the naive Lil kids use that one I'm afraid