85 Hagi or 90 Rui Costa?

G000ner
4883 posts National Call-Up
Rui Costa is about 150k cheaper and is slightly better than Hagi in terms of stats, but the issue is he's untradeable. And is good as he may be, i'm not a fan of spending 400k on an untradeable player. I also prefer smaller, agile players as CAM, so i'm not sure how i'd get on with Rui Costa.

Here's the teams they would be in:

06f0009e7cc2e127234ec930d954a7ce.png

30ce9712c07c05424251549f90b5f041.png

Anyone who's used both?

Comments

• Batman442
    4932 posts Big Money Move
    You answered your own post
  • Metalfly
    991 posts Professional
    edited November 2017
    I've used both, I have to say Hagi doesn't feel anything special, he is a good player to use don't get me wrong, but he doesn't feel better than the likes of Dybala, Gomez, Mertens, Griezmann etc. whom are all cheaper.

Rui Costa is quite unique in the sense that he's fast, agile, has good passing but also great strength. He's someone who can pull the strings even when under pressure by the opponent. He is also able to physically challenge an opponent who has the ball and come out on top, he is taller than other fast agile CAMs too so if you instruct him to get into the box for the cross he actually offers a pretty decent option in the air.

However his short coming is also quite glaring, his finish is terrible even with Hunter, I feel like Hagi would finish his chances much better than Costa. But what isn't quite as obvious is how many extra chances does Costa get for himself with his strength.

At the end of the day it's up to you, I feel Hagi isn't really worth the money as he's not much better than the cheaper non-icon CAMs, Rui Costa does feel better on the field, the way I justified his untradeable is that he's one of the cheapest central icon you can get, so it's worth it even if I want to use him for another Icon SBC in the future.
  • 47goonz
    892 posts Semi-Pro
    Dude, i used the loan prime rui costa for 20 games WL a few weeks back.

I currently have 85 Hagi.

Hagi all day every day its not even that close. Hagi is outscoring Messi from CAM for me. Just one of those players.
  • 47goonz
    892 posts Semi-Pro
    Both nice teams though man, i doubt i’d do any of the untradeable icons i jus couldnt justify the coins, would rather their baby versions than going all in with prime’s. Be a bid different if they had like R9 for a couple of mil or that lol
  • G000ner
    Batman442 wrote: »

That's just me looking at their stats and value. I haven't used either so don't know how they play.
  • Batman442
    G000ner wrote: »

That's just me looking at their stats and value. I haven't used either so don't know how they play.

But you said smaller agile players Costa is not as small or agile as hagi
  • rui costa's finishing will make you mad at some games guaranteed, he's quality no doubt but if you're gonna regret losing your coins to the untradeable go with hagi.
  • G000ner
    Metalfly wrote: »
    I've used both, I have to say Hagi doesn't feel anything special, he is a good player to use don't get me wrong, but he doesn't feel better than the likes of Dybala, Gomez, Mertens, Griezmann etc. whom are all cheaper.

Rui Costa is quite unique in the sense that he's fast, agile, has good passing but also great strength. He's someone who can pull the strings even when under pressure by the opponent. He is also able to physically challenge an opponent who has the ball and come out on top, he is taller than other fast agile CAMs too so if you instruct him to get into the box for the cross he actually offers a pretty decent option in the air.

However his short coming is also quite glaring, his finish is terrible even with Hunter, I feel like Hagi would finish his chances much better than Costa. But what isn't quite as obvious is how many extra chances does Costa get for himself with his strength.

At the end of the day it's up to you, I feel Hagi isn't really worth the money as he's not much better than the cheaper non-icon CAMs, Rui Costa does feel better on the field, the way I justified his untradeable is that he's one of the cheapest central icon you can get, so it's worth it even if I want to use him for another Icon SBC in the future.

That's what I was thinking. Rui Costa is very unique, which makes him decent value. The only untradable icon I have even considered this year. And that is a good point, could be useful for an sbc somewhere down the line. Cheers
  • G000ner
    47goonz wrote: »

Hagi all day every day its not even that close. Hagi is outscoring Messi from CAM for me. Just one of those players.

Messi is the best CAM I've used. So if he's better than him.. jeez haha. I'm tempted to give Hagi a go this weekend and if he's not worth his value I'll do the Costa sbc
  • Lackosweat
    7325 posts Big Money Move
    holdenwait wrote: »
    rui costa's finishing will make you mad at some games guaranteed, he's quality no doubt but if you're gonna regret losing your coins to the untradeable go with hagi.

He finishes everything for me. His longshots drive my opponents crazy as he can bang in the craziest longshots I can imagine.
  • G000ner
    Both nice teams though man, i doubt i’d do any of the untradeable icons i jus couldnt justify the coins, would rather their baby versions than going all in with prime’s. Be a bid different if they had like R9 for a couple of mil or that lol

Cheers mate. Yeah, but I guess being able to use him for another Icon SBC adds to his value somewhat. When Bergkamp gets his prime I'll probably trade him off straight away if I do get Costa
  • Barslund
    4651 posts National Call-Up
    I hated the shooting on 85 Hagi, and not touching Costa because of the low finishing
  • G000ner

Still not the only thing that needs to be considered. Rui Costa is more well rounded
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    Costa at CM only imo
  • 47goonz
    892 posts Semi-Pro

Messi is the best CAM I've used. So if he's better than him.. jeez haha. I'm tempted to give Hagi a go this weekend and if he's not worth his value I'll do the Costa sbc
    I have them both but messi is still better, just hagi scores more. Play 4231 in game

• Batman442

Still not the only thing that needs to be considered. Rui Costa is more well rounded

Well I can't speak for hagi as I have not used him only in a draft and he seemed pretty good tbf but Costa for me in my squad is by far the best player, I have overmars, otw Jesus, sbc mane and otw Salah, I have de bruyne as well. If you do not want get Costa he is a decent cm as well as cam
  • FatZed
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    I honestly don't find Rui's finishing that bad, using him with hunter. I tend to use his power mostly as its more reliable than his finesse but happy with how much he cost me and always the option to trade in for another prime if needed as he is way cheaper than what buying one would have cost. He is a very good all rounder
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    Costa surely. Hagi was average for me
  • HereWeGo10InARow
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Honestly never found an issue with Costas finishing, he really is a class act, 28 goals in 28 games for me with 13 assists, a bargain imo.
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017

Haha this.

OT: I'd go with Costa. Yes he's unreadable but he is one of the best cams I'f ever used. Thereby he could be used later on for a prime sbc (might trade him in for Bergkamp when the time is there)
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    Honestly never found an issue with Costas finishing, he really is a class act, 28 goals in 28 games for me with 13 assists, a bargain imo.
    Me neither. Has 80 goals in 90 matches for me plus 45 assists. He runs the show every match!
  • Grizzlik
    87 posts Park Captain
    costa
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Hagi
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    Deco
  • KoreanMeatballs
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Costa
  • iWiggle
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Costa so you can put him in adp
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    How much is Hagi? Prime ADP at CAM is out of this world. Had Dybala, Mertens, Costa (who is a better CM) and ADP is on another level. He is absolutely unbelievable. If you did Costa you and didn't want to uses him you could throw him into ADP and it would be 150k cheaper than buying a central Icon. You'd then get all the packs from doing Costa and from doing ADP. No guarantee but a bit of luck and you have what must be the best CAM on the game along with the potential of amazing pulls in packs. Don't worry about ADP being untradeable as you'll never be wanting to offload him.
  • BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hagi is the goat
  • Byrnzie28
    1862 posts Fans' Favourite

427e618e1d995e2cf4b63805aa1571e8.png