Gold Upgrade SBC - A Tale of Woe

PelzyWelzy
9191 posts League Winner
So yesterday, bored senseless in the middle of a 200+ mile train journey to a meeting that could so easily have been done via video conferencing, figure what better way to spend my time than working through a load of 81+ Gold Upgrade packs. We're all animals for those around here, some more than others, but figure why the hell not - got a load of players at my club - also have three KDB's stockpiled in preperation for POTM so decide to sell one of those at 35k profit, lessening the risk just incase he isn't needed come Friday and as such funding a bit of entertainment. You never know, these packs might just pay off... right?

As I always do when on a bit of an upgrade binge, I send all players at my club that I want to keep to my transfer list, keeping them out of harms way. Worked through about 25 packs in total, pulling Hamisk and Ribery in one, Pique, Morata, 4 different informs (Parejo the best of them, Mbappe he is not :joy:).... no amazing players as such but plenty of future SBC fodder.

Upon returning home the wife turns around and informs me she's off to some German Conditioning class at her gym tonight, will be back in an hour. 'Fantastic,' I think to myself, ,can smash through the remaining 10-15 packs worth of players I have.'

What a mistake that turned out to be.

Completely forgetting that I had earlier resent all my useable NIF players back to my club to make room on my transfer pile, began using the squad builder to motor through as many as possible, safe in the knowledge that my untradeable Prime Icons will start appearing on my bench as I eventually ran out of players.

Excited about opening the next 15 packs I decide do a little maintenance, listing anyone left over to recoup a few coins etc... it was at this moment my fateful mistake came to light.

1 De Bruyne, Alex Sandro, Varane and Sokratis and countless other lesser yet useable cards are no where to be seen :joy:

Start to frantically search through my club in every method possible but can't find them. Check, re check and then check again my transfer pile. Nope, definitely not there. Maybe it's some sort of glitch? Log out of FUT and back in again... nope, still no where.

FFS!!!

Only gone and used them in the SBC's haven't I? As is the way when using that blasted squad builder, was a little on autopilot and generally only notice things when 'special items' start appearing on screen. In my thick skull there were no NIF's left at my club I'd mind losing, they were all tucked up safely on my transfer pile.

So to cut a long story short started off yesterday with 3 KDB's, about 250k in coins and 3 full squads of players more than good enough to compete with... woken up this morning with 1 KDB left on my watchlist (thank God for small favours), 9000 coins, missing around about 580k's worth of higher end NIF's and am stuck with about half a team which I am now going to have to plug gaps in with the ******** ***** untradeables I pulled from those ******** ******* upgrade packs!

I can see it now... come midday Friday KDB will be needed for POTM (it just has to happen now :joy:) meaning instead of throwing away two of them worth 500k yesterday they would have no doubt been worth 1m! I can't afford to replace Sandro and Varane who're mainstays in my sides (Varane had 250+ appearances on him), my Blanc and Prime Zanetti plans for the future have been entirely obliterated.

I think I'm done :joy:

Comments

• Flamstead
    2822 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sorry for your loss.

That's harsh man.
  • Turbo_uk
    54 posts Park Captain
    Rip. i send my condolences.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    Sorry for your loss.

That's harsh man.

Hahaha, I know bro.... my own stupid fault really tbh. That or my wife's. If she had just stayed in last night... Yeah, going to blame her :joy:
  • Littleland95
    16630 posts Moderator
    Oh man. Feel sorry for you. That's awful.

• Guesteelneck
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    That sucks man :( and i thought that i **** up when i bought a card for 10k when i actually wanted to bid 500 on it.
  • Sirin
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite

• PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner

Cheers bro.

:heart:

I don't deserve much sympathy though - good slap round the face is order instead :joy:
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    That sucks man :( and i thought that i **** up when i bought a card for 10k when i actually wanted to bid 500 on it.

Hahaha, companion app by any chance? Been there before!!!
  • Flamstead
    2822 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oh man, I can only imagine the gut feeling, like when you lose your keys or wallet and you're constantly just saying f f f.

You'll rebuild in no time bro, just stay away from the app!
  • Guesteelneck
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

Yep :-) the companion app has **** me over many times :O but you shouldn't give up on Blanc! hes my goal for black friday.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    Oh man, I can only imagine the gut feeling, like when you lose your keys or wallet and you're constantly just saying f f f.

You'll rebuild in no time bro, just stay away from the app!

My only saving grace right now is the fact that I have one KDB left in my transfer targets list. Problem is that even if he is needed for POTM the amount I gain from that is only just about enough to cover the cost of the the other NIF's like Sandro etc that I lost :joy:

Got a few full leagues bought up on the cheap which will help in future but no idea when they will drop. As things stand literally have 9k in coins and pile of untradeables (most of which are useless) to work with. Haha.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner

Yep :-) the companion app has **** me over many times :O but you shouldn't give up on Blanc! hes my goal for black friday.

That bloody companion app... has had me over so many times through the years. Last year it spazzed out on me and ended up buying some Stevenage Borough bronze for 10k that I wanted to bid 150 for :joy:

Can always tell when it's bitten other people in the backside as well - those moments you have a player randomly sell at max bin. As great as it is, you just know someone somewhere is suffering. Haha.
  • EsteveGM
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Genuinely, that's rough. I would be absolutely gutted.

Have you tried contacting EA about this? Normally I would say don't bother, but I read a thread on here a few weeks back from a guy who just completely misunderstood SBCs and traded a very valuable team for a bronze pack thinking, he wouldn't lose the players, despite all the warnings that he clicked through.

Anyway, he contacted EA Chat and the last I remember from the thread was that EA weren't laughing hysterically and he was waiting to see if the players he accidentally traded could be returned to him as untradeable.

In my mind, it's worth a shot. I know you will lose the transfer value of the players, but at least you could still use Varane, Sandro etc, if EA are being nice today.
  • Chubz
    3205 posts National Call-Up
    good luck, im sure your wife can cheer you up a bit ;)
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    Chubz wrote: »
    good luck, im sure your wife can cheer you up a bit ;)

Haha, she kept asking what the matter was last night.. in typical bloke manner i just went in to shutdown mode and kept saying 'nothing' :joy:

But she knows something is a miss.

They always know.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    EsteveGM wrote: »

Have you tried contacting EA about this? Normally I would say don't bother, but I read a thread on here a few weeks back from a guy who just completely misunderstood SBCs and traded a very valuable team for a bronze pack thinking, he wouldn't lose the players, despite all the warnings that he clicked through.

Anyway, he contacted EA Chat and the last I remember from the thread was that EA weren't laughing hysterically and he was waiting to see if the players he accidentally traded could be returned to him as untradeable.

In my mind, it's worth a shot. I know you will lose the transfer value of the players, but at least you could still use Varane, Sandro etc, if EA are being nice today.

Yeah i remember that guy.. lad who put his Serie A team in to a beginner SBC right? Thought you just had to prove you could build the links.

Worth a shot i suppose but don't really expect anything back.. was just a lapse in concentration, stupidity more than anything. Am well versed in these things so should know better tbh :joy:

If anything i should be using this as a lesson.

To stop being an idiot :smiley:
  • Libguy
    4684 posts National Call-Up
    "German Conditioning class"

I got some more bad news for you, buddy . . .
  • Turbo_uk
    54 posts Park Captain
    EsteveGM wrote: »

100% give them a call. i paid 329k for kbd at the weekend in 30 seconds ofdumbness thinking it was 229k.

i called ea, was compeltely honest and they gave me 100k back. i was very suprised. the ea advisor actually thanked me for not lying and making ul a reason, glitch, hacked etc
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    Libguy wrote: »
    "German Conditioning class"

I got some more bad news for you, buddy . . .

Pahahaha. Believe me, that joke does the rounds in this house as well :joy:
  • Thamightyboro
    7066 posts Big Money Move
    But did she enjoy her german conditioning class.

Feel your pain, its a long shot but contact support they can and have done for me a club rollback before.

Ring the support number though you generally get someone based in the galway centre rather than an agency phillipino.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    Just tried my luck with support... they told me to post about it in the forums so that a developer can see my problem and fix it :joy: :joy: :joy:
  • Thamightyboro
    7066 posts Big Money Move
    Just tried my luck with support... they told me to post about it in the forums so that a developer can see my problem and fix it :joy: :joy: :joy:

Ha aye @EA_Andy thought you were going to get rhem to stop that ****
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    My condolences. Read someone had a similar experience and since then I double check and even triple check what I do on the game.
  • Daz2708
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I think I could write of book on compete head freeze moments on FUT
    You are not alone
  • tilen11
    4896 posts National Call-Up

Developer :joy:
  • rgdaher14
    175 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Damn bro!! I almost cried.
  • Futfanatic
    12246 posts Has That Special Something
    Ffs. Horrible. Would donate some coins to you if EA wouldn’t ban me for coin transfering. My worst nightmare this when doing the gold upgrade.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    edited November 2017
    Haha. Cheers for all support guys.

I honestly just can't be bothered with wasting time chasing up EA about it.. my own stupid mistake at the end of the day.

That being said my desire to trade and play is at a minimum right now :joy:

Just seems pointless grinding away for another month or so to get myself back to the very same point i was at yesterday. Lol.

Even in two minds about if i want that one remaining KDB to be needed for POTM. On one hand it'll put me back to a semi decent coin total, on the other will make the fact he went in to an SBC which probably gave me Kagawa in exchange hurt so much more :joy:

What'd you reckon to getting rid of the stress, selling him and doing 25 more SBC's lads? :trollface: @Littleland95 @Thamightyboro @tilen11 @Jaymizzo @rgdaher14 @Futfanatic

• Don't sell and do SBCs.

Use players you get in WL rewards for SBCs.

:)
  • Futfanatic
    12246 posts Has That Special Something
    Haha. Cheers for all support guys.

I honestly just can't be bothered with wasting time chasing up EA about it.. my own stupid mistake at the end of the day.

That being said my desire to trade and play is at a minimum right now :joy:

Just seems pointless grinding away for another month or so to get myself back to the very same point i was at yesterday. Lol.

Even in two minds about if i want that one remaining KDB to be needed for POTM. On one hand it'll put me back to a semi decent coin total, on the other will make the fact he went in to an SBC which probably gave me Kagawa in exchange hurt so much more :joy:

What'd you reckon to getting rid of the stress, selling him and doing 25 more SBC's lads? :trollface: @Littleland95 @Thamightyboro @tilen11 @Jaymizzo @rgdaher14 @Futfanatic

If it was me I would just say **** it and do the sbc’s till the account is back at 0. But thats the stupid thing to do.