OT: SW Battlefront 2

134
xFATAL
4044 posts National Call-Up
Great game so far but doesn't seem to be any hype around it. As someone who hated the previous release this one is a huge improvement. Thought i'd regret buying but I can see i'll be putting a ton of time into it.

Also, Don't listen to the trolls saying it's P2W, I played 4 games this morning and was able to get 5-6 loot drops just from playing. Blows me away people complained about the first one not having enough content and now this one is more of a grind with loads more content yet people complain.

Anyone playing and want to add me PSN- TiMEvBoMB

Comments

  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    It's pay to win.
  • xFATAL
    4044 posts National Call-Up
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    It's pay to win.

    Explain how I was top on the leaderboard this morning on Assault at level 1 vs a bunch of high ranked players. Skill?
  • Retro_G
    28221 posts Player of the Year
    edited November 2017
    It's pay to win, you've big youtubers like LevelCap who constantly promote EA games saying it's pay to win.

  • xFATAL
    4044 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    It's pay to win, you've big youtubers like LevelCap who constantly promote EA games saying it's pay to win.

    Lol Levelcap :|
    Go ahead and think that. I'll continue enjoying the game and unlocking my crates just from playing the game which is easy to do.
  • Retro_G
    28221 posts Player of the Year
    Here is the levelcap video. Now remember this guy has made his living from EA, can only say so much, even he acknowledges that SW:BF2 is p2w. Open your eyes.

  • FORZARDO
    1561 posts Play-Off Hero
    How much is EA paying you ? :D
  • WellWornBeast
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    Must be one of the worst game releases of this century, what a shiteshow :D
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    It's pay to win, you've big youtubers like LevelCap who constantly promote EA games saying it's pay to win.

    Lol Levelcap :|
    Go ahead and think that. I'll continue enjoying the game and unlocking my crates just from playing the game which is easy to do.

    Go ahead and enjoy your game, I and it looks like almost every other user here won't lose sleep over it.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Great game so far but doesn't seem to be any hype around it. As someone who hated the previous release this one is a huge improvement. Thought i'd regret buying but I can see i'll be putting a ton of time into it.

    Also, Don't listen to the trolls saying it's P2W, I played 4 games this morning and was able to get 5-6 loot drops just from playing. Blows me away people complained about the first one not having enough content and now this one is more of a grind with loads more content yet people complain.

    Anyone playing and want to add me PSN- TiMEvBoMB

    I'm with you. Having a blast. But I enjoyed the last one.
  • mMounirm
    3771 posts National Call-Up
    fifa is about 10x worse. yet here we are.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    xFATAL wrote: »
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    It's pay to win.

    Explain how I was top on the leaderboard this morning on Assault at level 1 vs a bunch of high ranked players. Skill?

    People claim fifa is play to win but we all know it's not.
  • Retro1989
    4416 posts National Call-Up
    From playing the trial, gameplay and visuals are all fantastic but the current progression system has no place in a game you pay full price for.
    I know they did away with the season pass for BF2 so they had to add in some sort of micro transaction stuff, which is fine when it's cosmetic, emotes, etc stuff but the moment you start putting in items that make it so you can kill things easier it becomes P2W.

    I won't be buying the game until they sort that out, which they eventually will when sales don't do as well as they expected.
  • xFATAL
    4044 posts National Call-Up
    You guys are really missing out on a good game believing this P2W garbage. Still haven't had to buy a loot crate and somehow i'm still doing well.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    I got about 3000 crystals in 2 hours of play time so it's not going to take 40 hours to get vader.

    And neither my son or myself are good at the game.
  • Rulistening
    1908 posts Play-Off Hero
    Debating getting it myself. The whole drama around playing 40 hours+ or paying to unlock a character is slightly dodgy but hasn't really put me off. Would you highly recommend it then?
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    Debating getting it myself. The whole drama around playing 40 hours+ or paying to unlock a character is slightly dodgy but hasn't really put me off. Would you highly recommend it then?

    My estimate is closer to 10 hours to get Vader. 7 to get emperor.
  • Rulistening
    1908 posts Play-Off Hero
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Debating getting it myself. The whole drama around playing 40 hours+ or paying to unlock a character is slightly dodgy but hasn't really put me off. Would you highly recommend it then?

    My estimate is closer to 10 hours to get Vader. 7 to get emperor.

    That's not too bad to be fair, im all for grinding to unlock a character but I can definitely see why people also have a problem with it. I'm more bothered about if the gameplay is fun.
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    Debating getting it myself. The whole drama around playing 40 hours+ or paying to unlock a character is slightly dodgy but hasn't really put me off. Would you highly recommend it then?

    My estimate is closer to 10 hours to get Vader. 7 to get emperor.

    That's not too bad to be fair, im all for grinding to unlock a character but I can definitely see why people also have a problem with it. I'm more bothered about if the gameplay is fun.

    I'm enjoying the multiplayer. Heroes vs villains is a bit different than the first game but still fun.
  • Retro_G
    28221 posts Player of the Year
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    I got about 3000 crystals in 2 hours of play time so it's not going to take 40 hours to get vader.

    And neither my son or myself are good at the game.

    That's because they changed the amount of time to unlock Vader after the reddit post backlash. I believe it's 15 hours now to unlock Vader, although remember this is if you save all your credits, don't open any lootboxes. After unlocking Vader it's still going to take you around another 15 hours to unlock all the mods for Vader to make him stronger. This is only one character, now you will have to do the same all over again for Skywalker.

    Then you need to grind for all class unlocks, everthing else in the game, you're talking a ridiculous amount of time to unlock all starcards. It's a bs system that was forced on the game, by the greedy big wigs who only care about maximising profits. They should've went the cosmetic route, this short-term gain will end up hurting them in the long run.
  • xFATAL
    4044 posts National Call-Up
    Debating getting it myself. The whole drama around playing 40 hours+ or paying to unlock a character is slightly dodgy but hasn't really put me off. Would you highly recommend it then?

    Just got done playing 6 hrs straight. It's a fun game, So many other characters and Vehicles to use I could careless if it took some time to unlock Vader, Although you can still use him in other game modes. Probably the best looking multiplayer i've ever played on PS4.
  • Deslash
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm not into FPS games on console.. but with a little baby coming I sold my gaming pc and really considering now to get SW BF2 or COD WW2 on my PS4Pro... so i have some change between that and fifa..
    Huge Star Wars fan so probably end up buying it tonight..
    Read alot of this P2W thing.. and it looks like its right.. but you only really feel it in the beginning of the game they said.. after enough hours you dont feel the difference anymore..
    So a good call to get it this evening? Only played 50hours of the first one on my pc.. was more into battlfield back then... but Battlefield 1 is just the shittiest battlfield i have ever played ...
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up
    Deslash wrote: »
    I'm not into FPS games on console.. but with a little baby coming I sold my gaming pc and really considering now to get SW BF2 or COD WW2 on my PS4Pro... so i have some change between that and fifa..
    Huge Star Wars fan so probably end up buying it tonight..
    Read alot of this P2W thing.. and it looks like its right.. but you only really feel it in the beginning of the game they said.. after enough hours you dont feel the difference anymore..
    So a good call to get it this evening? Only played 50hours of the first one on my pc.. was more into battlfield back then... but Battlefield 1 is just the shittiest battlfield i have ever played ...

    As a Dad already my dude I can safely say COD WW2 has been a god send since this FIFA 18 descended into utter dross........ I'm a huge Star Wars fan but I'm not jumping straight in on it after the total **** show that has ensued.

    I just cannot be arsed wth the protracted unlock system, don't get me wrong COD is a grind but IMO far easier to follow and more realistic to achieve.......... that being said it'll be interesting to see how it changes once the COD points system drops.

    Anyway, Star Wars looks incredible but I'll be waiting a little while (probably when I'm bored of COD) before I take the plunge.

    FYI @Deslash CODs short game/round durations are ideal for new parents ;-)
  • Rengar1998
    19 posts Last Pick at the Park
    took me like 6 hours grinding to get Vader since they lowered the Credit system, and tbh the classes themselves are plenty of fun already, so just enjoy the game: smiley:
  • Deslash
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    Waspy wrote: »
    Deslash wrote: »
    I'm not into FPS games on console.. but with a little baby coming I sold my gaming pc and really considering now to get SW BF2 or COD WW2 on my PS4Pro... so i have some change between that and fifa..
    Huge Star Wars fan so probably end up buying it tonight..
    Read alot of this P2W thing.. and it looks like its right.. but you only really feel it in the beginning of the game they said.. after enough hours you dont feel the difference anymore..
    So a good call to get it this evening? Only played 50hours of the first one on my pc.. was more into battlfield back then... but Battlefield 1 is just the shittiest battlfield i have ever played ...

    As a Dad already my dude I can safely say COD WW2 has been a god send since this FIFA 18 descended into utter dross........ I'm a huge Star Wars fan but I'm not jumping straight in on it after the total **** show that has ensued.

    I just cannot be arsed wth the protracted unlock system, don't get me wrong COD is a grind but IMO far easier to follow and more realistic to achieve.......... that being said it'll be interesting to see how it changes once the COD points system drops.

    Anyway, Star Wars looks incredible but I'll be waiting a little while (probably when I'm bored of COD) before I take the plunge.

    FYI @Deslash CODs short game/round durations are ideal for new parents ;-)

    Hmm this is exactly what i needed :D
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    hayhor1 wrote: »
    I got about 3000 crystals in 2 hours of play time so it's not going to take 40 hours to get vader.

    And neither my son or myself are good at the game.

    That's because they changed the amount of time to unlock Vader after the reddit post backlash. I believe it's 15 hours now to unlock Vader, although remember this is if you save all your credits, don't open any lootboxes. After unlocking Vader it's still going to take you around another 15 hours to unlock all the mods for Vader to make him stronger. This is only one character, now you will have to do the same all over again for Skywalker.

    Then you need to grind for all class unlocks, everthing else in the game, you're talking a ridiculous amount of time to unlock all starcards. It's a bs system that was forced on the game, by the greedy big wigs who only care about maximising profits. They should've went the cosmetic route, this short-term gain will end up hurting them in the long run.

    I unlocked my first 15000 credit hero in 3 hours yesterday. Also my teams seemed to be winning and I do not have any special stuff. :D
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    Deslash wrote: »
    I'm not into FPS games on console.. but with a little baby coming I sold my gaming pc and really considering now to get SW BF2 or COD WW2 on my PS4Pro... so i have some change between that and fifa..
    Huge Star Wars fan so probably end up buying it tonight..
    Read alot of this P2W thing.. and it looks like its right.. but you only really feel it in the beginning of the game they said.. after enough hours you dont feel the difference anymore..
    So a good call to get it this evening? Only played 50hours of the first one on my pc.. was more into battlfield back then... but Battlefield 1 is just the shittiest battlfield i have ever played ...

    Get yourself a XIM4 if you're coming from a PC FPS background. They really are very good

  • CeeQue
    10809 posts Has That Special Something
    Must be one of the worst game releases of this century, what a shiteshow :D

    Seems every year EA has some kinda of terrible launch. Anyone remember SimCity a few years ago.

    The idiots had like 4 servers for about 2 weeks and literally millions of players had to que to PLAY the game already bought. Which took about 4 hours of wait time and heaven forbid you got kicked out.
  • Deslash
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    riskywhat wrote: »
    Deslash wrote: »
    I'm not into FPS games on console.. but with a little baby coming I sold my gaming pc and really considering now to get SW BF2 or COD WW2 on my PS4Pro... so i have some change between that and fifa..
    Huge Star Wars fan so probably end up buying it tonight..
    Read alot of this P2W thing.. and it looks like its right.. but you only really feel it in the beginning of the game they said.. after enough hours you dont feel the difference anymore..
    So a good call to get it this evening? Only played 50hours of the first one on my pc.. was more into battlfield back then... but Battlefield 1 is just the shittiest battlfield i have ever played ...

    Get yourself a XIM4 if you're coming from a PC FPS background. They really are very good

    Wow that seems nice.. didnt even know that :) much appreciated!! Thank you
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    Deslash wrote: »
    riskywhat wrote: »
    Deslash wrote: »
    I'm not into FPS games on console.. but with a little baby coming I sold my gaming pc and really considering now to get SW BF2 or COD WW2 on my PS4Pro... so i have some change between that and fifa..
    Huge Star Wars fan so probably end up buying it tonight..
    Read alot of this P2W thing.. and it looks like its right.. but you only really feel it in the beginning of the game they said.. after enough hours you dont feel the difference anymore..
    So a good call to get it this evening? Only played 50hours of the first one on my pc.. was more into battlfield back then... but Battlefield 1 is just the shittiest battlfield i have ever played ...

    Get yourself a XIM4 if you're coming from a PC FPS background. They really are very good

    Wow that seems nice.. didnt even know that :) much appreciated!! Thank you

    No problem

  • Peter_655
    746 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mods, Could we have a pay to win thread setup please and add this to it, so it's all in one place

    Thanks
Sign In or Register to comment.