The Cricket Lounge

Comments

  • Handy Andy
    5923 posts Big Money Move
    what an absolute disgrace if true :D finally have someone who can defend / dig in and see off the new ball and we want to get rid for someone who cannot defend anything which is hitting the stumps, christ
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    He also bowls half decent leggies that could be useful in the conditions
  • Antparry92
    19232 posts World Class
    Can someone tell me what Shivam Dube brings to a side please?
  • Antparry92
    19232 posts World Class
    The once you’ve walked off the field, that’s it your back in the shed rule needs reviewing badly. Ross Taylor walked after a regulation catch but by the time he was walking up the steps they’d seen Saini had overstepped
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Its ODI time B)
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain


    A little worried with Stokes and Buttler (presumably) rested, great to see Parkinson picked though
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Kevin pietersen must see the sensible rotation of players and wish his career started 10 years later than it did
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    In trouble here, massively need a big partnership now
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Brilliant recovery this partnership has been
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    From the position that we were in at 108-5, getting to 258 is a good effort, in with a chance now. Great knock from Denly!
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Batsmen never gave the bowlers a chance

    70 runs light
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain


    ****. Wrap Mark Wood in a second layer of cotton wool now after this
  • Handy Andy
    5923 posts Big Money Move
    If only Archer tried hard like Wood eh
  • Handy Andy
    5923 posts Big Money Move
    good to see lessons being learned
  • Antparry92
    19232 posts World Class
    Handy Andy wrote: »

    Poster boy not a captain
  • Alex_cr
    5804 posts Big Money Move
    This is some spell of bowling
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    This is some spell of bowling

    From who? I missed the first 25 overs or so, watching now but will watch the highlights later for the part I missed.

    Looks like a great collective effort from the bowlers tbf, it has been from what I've seen and from the figures.
  • Alex_cr
    5804 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    This is some spell of bowling

    From who? I missed the first 25 overs or so, watching now but will watch the highlights later for the part I missed.

    Looks like a great collective effort from the bowlers tbf, it has been from what I've seen and from the figures.

    Mahmood. Ball after ball of perfect line and length and quite pacey too.
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    This is some spell of bowling

    From who? I missed the first 25 overs or so, watching now but will watch the highlights later for the part I missed.

    Looks like a great collective effort from the bowlers tbf, it has been from what I've seen and from the figures.

    Mahmood. Ball after ball of perfect line and length and quite pacey too.

    Nice! Great to hear he's done well in his chance
  • AaronMFC
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Had no idea this was starting early today thought it was another 11 start ah well good start to the chase.
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Bairstow going berserk, cracking start
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    Bairstow going berserk, cracking start

    That one's my fault, sorry lads :sweat_smile:
  • Alex_cr
    5804 posts Big Money Move
    Right, lets not waste the good start and calm down a bit here. We can stroll to it here.
  • Antparry92
    19232 posts World Class
    Ngidi is having one today :joy:
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Squad for the Sri Lanka tour:
    England Test squad: Joe Root (Yorkshire) captain, Dominic Bess (Somerset), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Zak Crawley (Kent), Sam Curran (Surrey), Joe Denly (Kent), Ben Foakes (Surrey), Keaton Jennings (Lancashire), Jack Leach (Somerset), Matthew Parkinson (Lancashire), Ollie Pope (Surrey), Dominic Sibley (Warwickshire), Ben Stokes (Durham) vice-captain, Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham)

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/51446633

    They had to bring Foakes back, it's absolutely the right decision imo. That's a good squad all things considered, Burns and Archer are injured ofc. Happy with that squad. Thoughts on it?

    Also, no Bairstow...

    tenor.gif
  • Hicksy2011
    16875 posts World Class
    Personally would have picked Dawson just so you can play 3 spinners without losing the batting
    although maybe they are happy for Root/Denly to share the third spinner role in which case that squad is pretty much good to go
    definitely moving in the right direction with the squads though
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Personally would have picked Dawson just so you can play 3 spinners without losing the batting
    although maybe they are happy for Root/Denly to share the third spinner role in which case that squad is pretty much good to go
    definitely moving in the right direction with the squads though

    100%. Great to see they're finally learning from their past mistakes. Last few squads have been much better
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Bowlers have done well to pull that back imo, looked on for a much bigger score.
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    edited February 12
    I really dont get why we open with buttler

    Guy is a freak at the end of the innings, whereas we have other guys who can score heavily at the top of the order

    He should float up and down the order, just come in whenever a wicket falls after 8-10 overs

    Bairstow and roy bat so well together seems mental to break up that opening partnership
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Rob key basically just said my point word for word on comms :D
Sign In or Register to comment.