Comments

• Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    One brings two!
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Joe root is wasting his talent

He should average 55+ not 48

How many times does he need to have a horrible waft at one after getting to 50 before he learns

Hes such a brilliant player but hes just not making the most of it

Its frustrating to watch, he even got dropped having a waft on 53 today just to do the same thing 9 balls later
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Mark wood

Bats like brendon mccullum
    Bowls like Brett lee
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    WOOOOODDDDDD
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    5 for Mark Wood, he's been phenomenal!
  • Hicksy2011
    16875 posts World Class
    Good job lads
    Now a free innings for all the batsmen as long as they don’t make a complete and utter mess of this
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Third consecutive 50 run opening stand between Crawley and Sibley, great to see the partnership working well
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    That should probably be Buttler's last test innings, Foakes needs to come in.
  • Handy Andy
    5923 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »

we stuck with bairstow for 3 years, buttler deservers faith after 2 bad series imo

Also not sure why we are going so aggressive, got ages left in the game, take your time and set 500+
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Handy Andy wrote: »

we stuck with bairstow for 3 years, buttler deservers faith after 2 bad series imo

Also not sure why we are going so aggressive, got ages left in the game, take your time and set 500+

I'm certainly not as adamant that Buttler needs to go as I was about Bairstow, Bairstow should have gone long before he did, he had an abysmal record for so long.
  • wth22
    11428 posts Has That Special Something
    Surely Foakes should play in Sri Lanka
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    edited January 26
    wth22 wrote: »

He's definitely my preferred choice of who to have keeping in that series, he's by far our best keeper and is the best choice to keep on those pitches.
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain

He has to

Buttler is shot mentally
  • AaronMFC
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    Foakes was excellent last time in Sri Lanka as well would be silly not to play him.
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Starting to think we shouldn't have been so careless with the bat and at least have secured the series win
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    This would be the most England thing to lose from the position we were in this morning, and the longer the play goes on the more likely it is we’ll lose.
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    STOKES! **** did we need that wicket
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    WOODDDDDDDDD
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain

Its always him
  • Antparry92
    19232 posts World Class
    Reus wrote: »

Its always him

I’ve not seen someone take big moments by the scruff of the neck like he does.
  • Antparry92
    19232 posts World Class
    Also started watching cricket fever on Netflix about the Mumbai Indians 2018 season...half way through and it’s been a good watch so far
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Cracking win that :sunglasses:
  • wth22
    11428 posts Has That Special Something
    Apparently Denly is going to be dropped.... for Bairstow at 3 in SL :D this has to be a joke
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Apparently Denly is going to be dropped.... for Bairstow at 3 in SL :D this has to be a joke

I saw that too, it's an absolute **** shambles if Bairstow gets brought back.
  • Antparry92
    19232 posts World Class
    I’m now seriously excited now for IPL this year after not really watching the last 2 years because I haven’t had time. Use to religiously watch it and watching that cricket fever on Netflix and with it being T20i World Cup this year
  • Apollo
    19961 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    I’m now seriously excited now for IPL this year after not really watching the last 2 years because I haven’t had time. Use to religiously watch it and watching that cricket fever on Netflix and with it being T20i World Cup this year

I'm a massive IPL fan as well, it's quality. Looking forward to it!
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain

He must have incriminating photos of the selectors
  • Hicksy2011
    16875 posts World Class
    edited January 29
    The ECB have signed joint contracts with the respective counties for Craig Overton, Olly Stone and Saqib Mahmood where they pay part of the wages and get to dictate when they play
    Absolutely brilliant news, after all my whining about stress fractures this is exactly the sort of thing that needed to be done
    Get these guys properly controlled in terms of playing/coaching time and make sure they aren’t being overbowled
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    The ECB have signed joint contracts with the respective counties for Craig Overton, Olly Stone and Saqib Mahmood where they pay part of the wages and get to dictate when they play
    Absolutely brilliant news, after all my whining about stress fractures this is exactly the sort of thing that needed to be done
    Get these guys properly controlled in terms of playing/coaching time and make sure they aren’t being overbowled

They need to look at the biomechanics of these guys actions

Pat cummins early career was ruined by injuries caused by his action, they changed his action to put less stress on his body and hes now the best fast bowler in the world and can bowl loads of overs