The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

The Cricket Lounge

Comments

• Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    edited December 2019
    Rory Burns century, brilliant to see :blush:
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    Root converts his 50 as well, he really needed that! Keep going!
  • Reus
    23051 posts Club Captain
    I like burns

He clearly works hard on his game

Looked poor against the short ball in the ashes but has clearly spent a lot of time in the nets practicing the pull shot

Some of his pull shots in that innings were imperious

The question is whether he can do that when its rabada and ngidi bowling 140kph+

Also I'm really hoping root learns from this bad run of form and starts cashing in on his starts more often, he threw away at least 6 or 7 hundreds in his good run of form

In fact it was probably more than 10 hundreds he couldve had when cruising to 60 and playing a stupid shot
  • Reus
    23051 posts Club Captain
    New Zealand seem to have been playing for a draw since day 1
  • Antparry92
    18455 posts World Class
    This is such a borefest. Complete non-Advertisement for test match cricket
  • Reus
    23051 posts Club Captain
    This is about as far from the brendon mccullum New Zealand team that were great to watch as you can get
  • Reus
    23051 posts Club Captain
    Pope looks a good player to me

Probably the best to debut since root technique wise

Hopefully he can get a score today to take some pressure off going forward
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    Reus wrote: »
    Pope looks a good player to me

Probably the best to debut since root technique wise

Hopefully he can get a score today to take some pressure off going forward

He's an outstanding talent, his FC record is so ridiculously good that it was always going to be a matter of time before he fired for England. (I'm not including today as getting a score at this stage, just speaking in general).
  • Reus
    23051 posts Club Captain
    Can anyone remember a worse test series

Other than for englands incompetence we should've had two of the most boring draws of all time
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    Can anyone remember a worse test series

Other than for englands incompetence we should've had two of the most boring draws of all time

• Hicksy2011
    13905 posts Has That Special Something
    That drop
    THAT drop
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    That drop
    THAT drop

Just seen it, **** hell that is terrible
  • Reus
    23051 posts Club Captain
    My side for south africa

Burns
    Sibley
    Denly
    Root
    Stokes
    Pope
    Buttler
    Woakes
    Leach
    Broad
    Archer/jimmy

Curran just doesnt look a good enough bowler to be third seamer so I'm picking woakes as the bowling all rounder
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    edited December 2019
    My side for south africa

Burns
    Sibley
    Denly
    Root
    Stokes
    Pope
    Buttler
    Woakes
    Leach
    Broad
    Archer/jimmy

Curran just doesnt look a good enough bowler to be third seamer so I'm picking woakes as the bowling all rounder

I completely agree with that team, I think it's our best bet for the conditions. I'd have Curran in the squad though ofc

Michael Atherton has said he'd drop Sibley after only two tests. That's absolutely ridiculous, he deserves to be given more of a chance than that. Would be a farce if they dropped him this soon.
  • Hicksy2011
    edited December 2019
    Did Atherton even provide an alternative? Because I can’t think of one (bar Crawley who did nothing in his one innings if we are being this ridiculous with not giving people a chance)
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    Archer/Anderson (whoever doesn't make the XI)
    Curran
    Foakes
    Crawley

They'd be the other 4 I'd have in the squad, @Reus , need a backup keeper as it's a 4 match series, can't make Pope keep when he's done so little of it and this way he can focus on his batting.
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Did Atherton even provide an alternative? Because I can’t think of one (bar Crawley who did nothing in his one innings if we are being this ridiculous with not giving people a chance)

He suggested Denly back up to open with Burns. Ridiculous suggestion all round. Denly needs a set position and 3 works for him in this team, Sibley shouldn't be dropped after only two tests. Laughable suggestion from someone who normally talks a lot of sense.
  • Reus
    23051 posts Club Captain
    Bairstow will be in the squad as reserve keeper and batsmen youd think
  • Reus
    23051 posts Club Captain
    Bob willis :'(
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    Bob willis :'(

Just seen, that's horrible news. A legend of the game.
  • Hicksy2011
    Very sad news, will be sorely missed
    Absolutely loved him on the verdict, always kept reality in mind rather than getting carried away like most of the pundits seem to
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    Squad is announced for the South Africa tour tomorrow, hopefully they get it right.
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    Squad for the South Africa tour:

Root
    Anderson
    Archer
    Bairstow
    Broad
    Burns
    Buttler
    Crawley
    Curran
    Denly
    Leach
    Parkinson
    Pope
    Sibley
    Stokes
    Woakes
    Wood

I'd have picked Foakes over Bairstow but pretty happy with the rest.
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    They should be looking ahead to the Sri Lanka tour by getting Foakes in early instead of Bairstow. We will need the best keeper we have on the pitches in Sri Lanka, and that's Foakes by a mile. Bairstow hasn't even played to try and find form again. Terrible pick. Getting Foakes in now as preparation for that makes a lot more sense than bringing Bairstow back.
  • Reus
    23051 posts Club Captain
    Fascinating test in the making here

New Zealand look in a very bad position but the Aussies are going to have to try and force a result with only 3 front line bowlers
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
  • AaronMFC
    1679 posts Play-Off Hero
    Apollo wrote: »

Well deserved an absolutely incredible individual year the mental strength he showed will be difficult to ever match.
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class

Jordan with another screamer of a catch, he's an unbelievable fielder
  • Apollo
    17500 posts World Class
    edited December 2019
    @Karlos If you're not watching the BBL game at the moment, you should have a look at the highlights later, Livingstone's been on a rampage, 69 off 26 with some phenomenal sixes.