The Cricket Lounge

Comments

• Reus
    22317 posts Club Captain
    Just watched the kp documentary

Graeme swann just comes across as such a **** to me

Had this horrible smirk on his face the whole time

Everyone else seemed to come across as genuine and honest, especially Vaughan and Strauss, but there was just something about swann
  • Apollo
    13078 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 14
    Hope the rain stays away now and we can get a few overs in today. Anything is better than nothing

Damn :disappointed:
    Post edited by Apollo on
  • Reus
    22317 posts Club Captain
    Roy just isnt a test player at all

Get him down the order or drop him

Couldve got out 3 times in 3 balls
  • AaronMFC
    1474 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hope the forecast for lots of rain tomorrow is right.
  • Reus
    22317 posts Club Captain
    Burns gets away with one

Shouldn't have been playing that
  • james2060
    2795 posts Fans' Favourite
    When was the last time we had County cricket? I appreciate the talent isn't really there at the moment, but this time of year is perfect for it. We've seen the benefit of the shorter game, need to get more focus on the long game, otherwise we'll never find a competent top 3.
  • Apollo
    james2060 wrote: »
    When was the last time we had County cricket? I appreciate the talent isn't really there at the moment, but this time of year is perfect for it. We've seen the benefit of the shorter game, need to get more focus on the long game, otherwise we'll never find a competent top 3.

Burns
    Sibley/Crawley
    Root
    Roy

It's been reported they see Roy's long term future at 4, not opening thankfully, so hopefully we'll see that top 4 before too long.
  • Reus
    22317 posts Club Captain

The problem is the counties only get decent crowds for the t20s so they want to play them in the middle of the summer when the weather is generally better
  • james2060
    Aye, appreciate both comments. But not even one match, it'll be 2 months between county fixtures. One or two in there won't harm anyone. And I'm not convinced yet by either Burns or Roy in the long term, hope I'm wrong of course.
  • Reus
    22317 posts Club Captain
    Aye, appreciate both comments. But not even one match, it'll be 2 months between county fixtures. One or two in there won't harm anyone. And I'm not convinced yet by either Burns or Roy in the long term, hope I'm wrong of course.

Burns seems to have the mental fortitude for it

Roy just isnt a red ball batsmen
  • Reus
    22317 posts Club Captain
    Denly is just a worse version of james vince
  • Apollo
    Reus wrote: »
    Denly is just a worse version of james vince

Selectors need to move Roy down to 4 asap and get in Sibley or Crawley
  • Reus
    22317 posts Club Captain
    Another terrible poke outside off from burns goes unpunished

He really needs to tighten up that area of his game
  • Apollo
    There's Burns' 50 :blush:
  • AaronMFC
    1474 posts Play-Off Hero
    these bouncers by cummins are absolutely class hope archer can replicate this later on.
  • james2060
    Reus wrote: »

Burns seems to have the mental fortitude for it

Roy just isnt a red ball batsmen

Yes, interested to see how Burns does overseas.
  • Hicksy2011
    12594 posts Has That Special Something
    Well done Rory
    I’m seriously wondering whether we need to have some sort of rough self imposed limit of 4 players from the ODI team in the test team
    The mental drain and the different techniques needed/used clearly isn’t getting the best out of these players
    Obviously can’t drop the likes of Root but someone like Bairstow hasn’t got the ability to switch back and forth between the two
  • Apollo
    edited August 15
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Well done Rory
    I’m seriously wondering whether we need to have some sort of rough self imposed limit of 4 players from the ODI team in the test team
    The mental drain and the different techniques needed/used clearly isn’t getting the best out of these players
    Obviously can’t drop the likes of Root but someone like Bairstow hasn’t got the ability to switch back and forth between the two

Agreed. Been calling for him to be dropped for a while now. He simply doesn't have a good enough defensive technique to perform consistently in this format. Foakes needs to come in to replace him.
  • AaronMFC
    1474 posts Play-Off Hero
    Another road of a pitch where we barely get anything probably be enough time in the game for a result after all.
  • Adamski
    9940 posts League Winner
    we're getting whitewashed at this rate
  • Reus
    22317 posts Club Captain
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Another road of a pitch where we barely get anything probably be enough time in the game for a result after all.

If it rains from 2pm like forecast tomorrow we would have to be seriously bad to lose :D

If it does rain at that time youd think the Aussies would still be 130-140 behind

So they'd have to bat all of day 4 and probably a session on day 5 to get 250 in front and bowl us out in 65 overs

Tbh if we cant get a draw after a day and a half being washed out we deserve to lose 5-0
  • Apollo
    Archer! First wicket for him! :blush:
  • Apollo
  • Apollo
    One brings two!
  • Hicksy2011
    12594 posts Has That Special Something
    Get this cheating little rat out
  • Reus
    22317 posts Club Captain
    Archers bouncers have been very poor this morning

All been way too short, flying safely over the batsman's head

Needs to get them shoulder height
  • AaronMFC
    1474 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who has prepared these pitches without the clouds yesterday theres been nothing whatsoever for the bowlers we could still end up losing this just because we love a collapse.
  • ukler8
    4740 posts National Call-Up
    What kind of a review was that :D
  • Apollo