The Cricket Lounge

Comments

  • Alex_cr
    4775 posts National Call-Up
    Obviously I wanted England to win but it’s weirdly refreshing to get to day 5 of a test.
  • Apollo
    14146 posts Has That Special Something
    This match has been the worst umpiring performance I have ever seen. So many decisions wrong its ridiculous.
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    This match has been the worst umpiring performance I have ever seen. So many decisions wrong its ridiculous.

    Incompetence

    Thank god for DRS
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Another mistake

    Root clearly wasnt playing a shot there

    And looked to be hitting the stumps
  • Apollo
    14146 posts Has That Special Something
    Roy that is horrendous, no need for that in the slightest
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    I'm sorry but what is that

    We are batting out the day for a draw
  • Lard_Lad
    12608 posts Has That Special Something
    Just put a bet on England to win at 80/1.

    This is how it happens, England are 250/1 at tea, root gives his wicket away to allow butler to come in and play T20 style and get us the win.
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Denly plays a few great shots in every innings really hope he sticks around in this innings not sure we can lose another before lunch
  • Antparry92
    17521 posts World Class
    For that shot, in that context I’d drop him for the rest of the series!
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    For that shot, in that context I’d drop him for the rest of the series!

    The captain certainly needs to have a chat with him after the game

    That was the shot of a man who doesnt care enough

    I'd be asking him whether he is actually interested in playing test cricket or not
  • Antparry92
    17521 posts World Class
    Reus wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    For that shot, in that context I’d drop him for the rest of the series!

    The captain certainly needs to have a chat with him after the game

    That was the shot of a man who doesnt care enough

    I'd be asking him whether he is actually interested in playing test cricket or not

    Imagine a lad doing that for your village side...he’d get a slating for that alone.

    Obviously doesn’t care enough. To not value your wicket enough in that situation is criminal.

    For anyone who argues about his technique/he’s a good ODI player...just show them that....the temperament clearly isn’t there
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Joe denly what are you doing

    Pathetic

    Hes just not an international standard player at all, I'd honestly rather james Vince batted 4 :D
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    well this looks ominous pointless to waste that review as well especially the amount of mistakes the umpires are making
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    surprised to see buttler before stokes in this situation
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Roy opened the door for them

    Root should've been talking him through it, keeping him concentrated on batting time not hitting boundaries
  • Apollo
    14146 posts Has That Special Something
    Root gone :disappointed:
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    thats 1-0 lords next as well not looking good at all
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Our batsmen just have no defensive technique at all

    Or they just cant be arsed to even try defending

    Gonna be impossible for stokes as a leftie to play lyon
  • Apollo
    14146 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 5
    Reus wrote: »
    Our batsmen just have no defensive technique at all

    Or they just cant be arsed to even try defending

    Gonna be impossible for stokes as a leftie to play lyon

    Foakes does, he has to come in for the next test for Bairstow.
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Youd say we can probably only afford to lose 1 more wicket before tea

    I'd say it's more likely we will be all out by then with lyon taking 7 for
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner
    get the feeling Stokes and Jos will bat for a while and then eventually we collapse, hope I'm wrong
  • Apollo
    14146 posts Has That Special Something
    Bairstow gone again. Please get Foakes in selectors, Bairstow's had so many **** chances
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Moeen 2/130
    Lyon 4/35

    Says it all really

    Moeen performance yesterday with the ball on a very helpful wicket was appalling
  • Apollo
    14146 posts Has That Special Something
    Reus wrote: »
    Moeen 2/130
    Lyon 4/35

    Says it all really

    Moeen performance yesterday with the ball on a very helpful wicket was appalling

    Do you think they'll actually make any changes other than the enforced one in Archer?

    I know you've said you agree with me regarding Foakes and Leach, but do you think they'll actually change anything?
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    Moeen 2/130
    Lyon 4/35

    Says it all really

    Moeen performance yesterday with the ball on a very helpful wicket was appalling

    Do you think they'll actually make any changes other than the enforced one in Archer?

    I know you've said you agree with me regarding Foakes and Leach, but do you think they'll actually change anything?

    I think they have to

    They will give bairstow more time most likely

    But moeen is unselectable at present
  • Apollo
    14146 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 5
    Reus wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    Moeen 2/130
    Lyon 4/35

    Says it all really

    Moeen performance yesterday with the ball on a very helpful wicket was appalling

    Do you think they'll actually make any changes other than the enforced one in Archer?

    I know you've said you agree with me regarding Foakes and Leach, but do you think they'll actually change anything?

    I think they have to

    They will give bairstow more time most likely

    But moeen is unselectable at present

    I agree with you, really hope they make the changes. I'd prefer them both dropped, but one is better than nothing. Hope they don't give Bairstow more time though, he's had long enough. Time to make the brave choice and actually make the change.
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    i reckon foakes will be in one of bairstow or buttler will be getting dropped.
  • Apollo
    14146 posts Has That Special Something
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    i reckon foakes will be in one of bairstow or buttler will be getting dropped.

    If they drop Buttler before Bairstow that's an absolute shambles. Buttler has had some important knocks more recently than Bairstow.
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Apollo wrote: »
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    i reckon foakes will be in one of bairstow or buttler will be getting dropped.

    If they drop Buttler before Bairstow that's an absolute shambles. Buttler has had some important knocks more recently than Bairstow.

    I agree buttler doesnt look like he can deal with cummins or lyon at all hopefully he adjusts and gets it right bairstows form is nowhere near good enough to justify his place. https://www.reddit.com/r/Cricket/comments/chqnfi/jonny_bairstow_englands_undroppable_man/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
  • Hicksy2011
    12823 posts Has That Special Something
    Absolutely shocking this is
    Almost posted 20 mins ago saying not to give up hope when someone like Woakes can hit a 70 from number 9 and save the game
    Looks like he could hit 70 and we would still lose with 20 overs to go
Sign In or Register to comment.