The Cricket Lounge

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    12821 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    This is a really useful lead, been a great partnership between Woakes and Broad

Stopped the Aussies momentum as well, absolutely fantastic work
  • Apollo
    14137 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    This is a really useful lead, been a great partnership between Woakes and Broad

Stopped the Aussies momentum as well, absolutely fantastic work

Anything added to the lead now is a bonus, the last partnership was the big one, hopefully Jimmy can hang around for Woakes to hit a few boundaries, doubt he can run twos with this niggle he's carrying.
  • Lard_Lad
    12608 posts Has That Special Something
    C’mon lets just get to a 100 plus run lead
  • Alex_cr
    4756 posts National Call-Up
    Nice lead there. Let’s get a few of them early. No more than 150 to chase
  • Hicksy2011
    Let’s get these two before they clear the deficit please
  • Apollo
    STOKES
  • ukler8
    4742 posts National Call-Up
    The umpiring has been shocking. Khawaja in the first innings, root given out when it clipped the wicket and Warner given not out despite the huge deflection.
  • AaronMFC
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    We definitely need early wickets tomorrow smith will probably score 200 if anyone sticks around with him.
  • Karlos
    24272 posts Club Captain
    What a player Parky is
  • Apollo
    Karlos wrote: »
    What a player Parky is

Without a doubt. Can't wait until he makes his England debut.
  • Hicksy2011
    Exactly the same as Crane who took 3-22 yesterday to help defend 128
    Got to stay clear of stress fractures and keep exposing themselves to new conditions and they will reach international level in no time
  • Apollo
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Exactly the same as Crane who took 3-22 yesterday to help defend 128
    Got to stay clear of stress fractures and keep exposing themselves to new conditions and they will reach international level in no time

100%. India often play two leg spinners in Chahal and Kuldeep in one day cricket, no reason we can't do the same when Crane and Parkinson break through to the international setup. Just a matter of time.
  • Handy Andy
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    some absolute pish deliveries served up in that penultimate over to say the least
  • Apollo
    edited August 4
    Just found out Foakes played for Surrey the other day in the T20s so is clearly back from his injury, if Bairstow's form doesn't improve asap he has to be dropped for Foakes now he's back fit.
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    What an awful start from moeen

Must be club cricket offfies who are better than that
  • Lard_Lad
    I can’t see where the wickets are gonna come from here. Getting worried already
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    I can’t see where the wickets are gonna come from here. Getting worried already

Lyon will be very hard to face for our left handers

Anything over 175 is gonna be tough

Wickets are needed
  • Apollo
    Wow did we need that wicket. Need another though quickly to have a chance of keeping this lead down
  • AaronMFC
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    They have to be strong favourites now unless archers pace hurts smith in future tests were in big trouble.
  • Lard_Lad
    Root really needs to be taking a look at Smith and thinking, this is how a leader performs, root is in my opinion just as good as smith he just deliver nearly enough.
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Root really needs to be taking a look at Smith and thinking, this is how a leader performs, root is in my opinion just as good as smith he just deliver nearly enough.

He doesnt have the mentality smith has

Smith almost never gives his wicket away
    Root almost always does

That's why smith averages 63 and root 49
  • Apollo
    Never going to happen but there should be three changes for the next test. Foakes in for Bairstow, Leach in for Ali and Archer in for Anderson. The only one I expect to happen is Archer and they're making that change because of Anderson's injury, but all three should happen.
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    Suprised they haven't declared yet

Surely will be soon
  • Bobo23
    620 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just got to bat 24 hours to avoid a loss now, easy right....
  • Reus
    22434 posts Club Captain
    The rain dances begin
  • Tasovac97
    44 posts Park Captain
    C'mon Aussies stick it to those poms
  • AaronMFC
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Never going to happen but there should be three changes for the next test. Foakes in for Bairstow, Leach in for Ali and Archer in for Anderson. The only one I expect to happen is Archer and they're making that change because of Anderson's injury, but all three should happen.

If bairstow gets out early and we lose tomorrow his place is untenable tbh foakes in for him i dont think is unlikely im aware iv made it obvious but i feel we need to fit curran in the team somehow.
  • AaronMFC
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reus wrote: »

He doesnt have the mentality smith has

Smith almost never gives his wicket away
    Root almost always does

That's why smith averages 63 and root 49

Yep the disappointing part is root does the hard work and survives so often but doesnt get the score afterwards.