The Cricket Lounge

Comments

• Lard_Lad
    12609 posts Has That Special Something
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    We’re gonna end up all out and only about 30 in front, Ali will be out by 12:30
    My god didn’t think I was being that kind. That was woeful.
  • Reus
    22440 posts Club Captain
    We’re gonna end up all out and only about 30 in front, Ali will be out by 12:30

We've lost basically if we are only 30-50 in front

This pitch is gonna be very very tough to bat on the last day
  • Apollo
    14235 posts Has That Special Something
    Reinforcing the fact that Leach should have been picked. Several of us said it when the squad was announced. Moeen's been out of form for so long now, Leach is by far the better option.
  • Hicksy2011
    12862 posts Has That Special Something
    Moeen consecutive duck counter: 3
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    this is a terrible morning session
  • Hicksy2011
    Jesus Christ
  • Apollo
    Apollo wrote: »
    Bairstow doesn't have a defensive technique and I'd much rather Foakes play instead of him.
  • Lard_Lad
    Woke up this morning with so much optimism, Stokes and burns going well building a good partnership, then this happens, I’ll never learn
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner
    normal service has been resumed
  • Alex_cr
    4795 posts National Call-Up
    The negativity on here is crazy. Every run is going to count on a pitch like this.

My only issue is Ali. How he continues to be picked I don’t know but basically we’re had 2 innings where only 2 batsmen have batted well. If we have a lead of 30 - great. If we have a lead of 50 then that’s massive.
  • Apollo
    edited August 3
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    The negativity on here is crazy. Every run is going to count on a pitch like this.

My only issue is Ali. How he continues to be picked I don’t know but basically we’re had 2 innings where only 2 batsmen have batted well. If we have a lead of 30 - great. If we have a lead of 50 then that’s massive.

Bairstow and Ali are my issues. Both have been in poor form long enough that they should be dropped, a fact that's reinforced by the fact we have two better options. Both Foakes (when fit) and Leach should be in instead.
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero

Id have taken it before hand the worry is were likely to be a bowler down straight away so if we dont get early wickets the pressure will be massive.
  • Alex_cr

Bairstow and Ali are my issues. Both have been in poor form long enough that they should be dropped, a fact that's reinforced by the fact we have two better options. Both Foakes (when fit) and Leach should be in instead.

Fair comment on Bairstow. Ali should be nowhere near the team that’s for sure.

Still think we’re in a strong position if we add another 20-30 to the score.
  • Alex_cr
    AaronMFC wrote: »

Id have taken it before hand the worry is were likely to be a bowler down straight away so if we dont get early wickets the pressure will be massive.

I get where you’re coming from but our bowlers haven’t been overworked in the first innings. I feel good about where we are at.
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero

I get where you’re coming from but our bowlers haven’t been overworked in the first innings. I feel good about where we are at.

We are in a decent position still but we were in a position where we could completely take the game away so i get the disappointment. Hopefully we can frustrate them for a while and get the total up.
  • Apollo
    Will never happen but I really hope that in the second innings Woakes comes out ahead of Ali in the order
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Will never happen but I really hope that in the second innings Woakes comes out ahead of Ali in the order

Im hoping we dont have to bat that deep in the second innings
  • Apollo

Im hoping we dont have to bat that deep in the second innings

In an ideal world yes but if we do I mean
  • Lard_Lad
    Unexpected 50 partnership between Woakes and Broad incoming.
  • Hicksy2011

Of course people are going to be annoyed, at 5 down we were in a place where a good hour and we would virtually have won the game (being like 70 ahead with 5 wickets still in hand)
    Opener the door for the Aussies here
  • Alex_cr
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Of course people are going to be annoyed, at 5 down we were in a place where a good hour and we would virtually have won the game (being like 70 ahead with 5 wickets still in hand)
    Opener the door for the Aussies here

Difference between being annoyed and thinking we’re in trouble/going to lose. It’s evenly balanced right now and a hard wicket. I’m just pleased we’ve managed to bat out a day.
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner
    makes me laugh how the comms always say our middle order is our strength, the only guy scoring runs there is Stokes
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    Adamski wrote: »
    makes me laugh how the comms always say our middle order is our strength, the only guy scoring runs there is Stokes

Sam Curran did when he was playing
  • Apollo
    Unexpected 50 partnership between Woakes and Broad incoming.

@Lard_Lad There it is B)
  • Hicksy2011
    Quality work this is
    Do we know if Jimmy can bat?
  • Lard_Lad
    Broad and Woakes to open.
  • Lard_Lad
    Loveing the chants from the crowds
  • Apollo
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Quality work this is
    Do we know if Jimmy can bat?

Think I saw a TMS tweet yesterday saying he could bat if needed, not sure if anything has changed since
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    absolutely love edgbaston definitely need to go to an england game there one day.
  • Apollo
    edited August 3
    This is a really useful lead, been a great partnership between Woakes and Broad