This morning I've experienced the most frustrating FIFA gameplay of my life. I'd halfway understand if I was playing online.....but I'm playing OFFLINE on Squad Battles. I live in a city with great connection. My PS4 is wired directly into my router. My Ping is 11, and I get 133 mbps down and 6 Up. My controller is wired in. I have no reason to experience this delay while playing offline.
You all know what it feels like.....
- Players take forever to accelerate
- Subtle movements while running or dribbling don't register correctly so you really can't weave in and out of anybody
- Players stand still and don't make runs
- Passes go wayward and pass power is inconsistent
- Shots are either straight at the middle, or way wide, as the delay can't register where you are aiming.
- 50/50 balls aren't locked onto so your players just stand and watch balls roll by them
- Free balls are not claimed or locked onto
- Triggered runs don't work and your midfielders just stand where they are with zero creativity.
- Players can't switch direction
- When you switch to a player they take forever to stop running the way they are running and turn to where you want them to
- The tackle button hardly works as they lunge for a tackle what feels like seconds after you pushed the tackle button
- Player switching doesn't work as the game can't decipher what direction you are holding the stick to select the correct defender
All of this is just some examples and I know you have all felt it. The fact that it happens is due to the new engine I believe. If you can...go back and Play FIFA 15. Was it a perfect game? No....the over the top through balls with perfect precision were super annoying. BUT, the game felt SOOO SMOOTH. Your players instantly responded to the direction you wanted them to go. It seriously feels like a must more advanced game.
The worst part is. EA hears these complaints, but that joke of a company does nothing about it. They just mask the issues by bringing back AI defending, and of course more pack promotions!
I have to take a break from this travesty of a game for now. Someone let me know when they patch it so this input delay is fixed.