Button/Input/Movement Delay RUINS this Game. Why does it exist even OFFLINE?

JDSPGA2
91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
This morning I've experienced the most frustrating FIFA gameplay of my life. I'd halfway understand if I was playing online.....but I'm playing OFFLINE on Squad Battles. I live in a city with great connection. My PS4 is wired directly into my router. My Ping is 11, and I get 133 mbps down and 6 Up. My controller is wired in. I have no reason to experience this delay while playing offline.

You all know what it feels like.....

Attacking
- Players take forever to accelerate
- Subtle movements while running or dribbling don't register correctly so you really can't weave in and out of anybody
- Players stand still and don't make runs
- Passes go wayward and pass power is inconsistent
- Shots are either straight at the middle, or way wide, as the delay can't register where you are aiming.

Midfield
- 50/50 balls aren't locked onto so your players just stand and watch balls roll by them
- Free balls are not claimed or locked onto
- Triggered runs don't work and your midfielders just stand where they are with zero creativity.

Defending
- Players can't switch direction
- When you switch to a player they take forever to stop running the way they are running and turn to where you want them to
- The tackle button hardly works as they lunge for a tackle what feels like seconds after you pushed the tackle button
- Player switching doesn't work as the game can't decipher what direction you are holding the stick to select the correct defender

All of this is just some examples and I know you have all felt it. The fact that it happens is due to the new engine I believe. If you can...go back and Play FIFA 15. Was it a perfect game? No....the over the top through balls with perfect precision were super annoying. BUT, the game felt SOOO SMOOTH. Your players instantly responded to the direction you wanted them to go. It seriously feels like a must more advanced game.
The worst part is. EA hears these complaints, but that joke of a company does nothing about it. They just mask the issues by bringing back AI defending, and of course more pack promotions!

I have to take a break from this travesty of a game for now. Someone let me know when they patch it so this input delay is fixed.

Comments

• jefehobbs
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    maybe D-pad delay is to cut down on sniping? but you can use the stick for that anyway, i don't know. imho when i play a low chem squad in SB i do experience what you listed/described. just my 2 cents, good luck, take a break bro.
  • JDSPGA2
    jefehobbs wrote: »
    maybe D-pad delay is to cut down on sniping? but you can use the stick for that anyway, i don't know. imho when i play a low chem squad in SB i do experience what you listed/described. just my 2 cents, good luck, take a break bro.

That's an entirely different issue. How they managed to break the menus is beyond me. FIFA 11 had a better menu.

This is strictly gameplay I'm talking about .

• bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    i think they changed the menu system.
    every action is registered to stop people using bots in the markets imo....so you have to scroll through the figures to prove your not cheating.
    every change registers but this causes a lot fo data to and from the server involved...a lot more traffic and a lot more acknowledgements needed.

there is a set amount of delay in SBs...but its not a lot compared tot he delay you get online.

there will also be issues with bluetooth and bad quality cables (if your properly wired).

those two you need to rule out.
    new braided cable which doesnt slip in the controller..
    if your bluetooth check the 2.4ghz spectrum at the point where your controller is....if there is not 2 chanel gaps (3 if there is one chanel being used the other side)not being used you will be sharing airspace with someone elses wifi...
  • Gazbell76
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    Had same problems since last update . The last update was to fix stadium flags being Wrong for the kit your team are wearing and some other aspects of the game . Am a ps4 user and i didnt have this before update but now i have . Even thoe is was to fix this problem . When ea patch pc or xbox its having knock on effect on ps4 platform. Button lagg menu lagg getting bit sick of this now . Wish i never bought this game . EA THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FIX GOD DAMM GAME .
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    JDSPGA2 wrote: »
    This morning I've experienced the most frustrating FIFA gameplay of my life. I'd halfway understand if I was playing online.....but I'm playing OFFLINE on Squad Battles. I live in a city with great connection. My PS4 is wired directly into my router. My Ping is 11, and I get 133 mbps down and 6 Up. My controller is wired in. I have no reason to experience this delay while playing offline.

You all know what it feels like.....

Attacking
    - Subtle movements while running or dribbling don't register correctly so you really can't weave in and out of anybody
    - Shots are either straight at the middle, or way wide, as the delay can't register where you are aiming.

Midfield
    - 50/50 balls aren't locked onto so your players just stand and watch balls roll by them
    - Triggered runs don't work and your midfielders just stand where they are with zero creativity.

Defending
    - When you switch to a player they take forever to stop running the way they are running and turn to where you want them to
    - The tackle button hardly works as they lunge for a tackle what feels like seconds after you pushed the tackle button
    - Player switching doesn't work as the game can't decipher what direction you are holding the stick to select the correct defender

All of this is just some examples and I know you have all felt it. The fact that it happens is due to the new engine I believe. If you can...go back and Play FIFA 15. Was it a perfect game? No....the over the top through balls with perfect precision were super annoying. BUT, the game felt SOOO SMOOTH. Your players instantly responded to the direction you wanted them to go. It seriously feels like a must more advanced game.
    The worst part is. EA hears these complaints, but that joke of a company does nothing about it. They just mask the issues by bringing back AI defending, and of course more pack promotions!

I have to take a break from this travesty of a game for now. Someone let me know when they patch it so this input delay is fixed.

Same exact problem since FIFA 13. Changed ISP, touter, modem, console. Notice on Sunday afternoon your game play will be perfect.
  • JDSPGA2
    This has nothing to do with my controller or internet. it’s an engine issue. Fifa 15 has and had none of these issues.
  • ILBOMBA
    1045 posts Professional
    Why it exists? Its scripted. The whole game is scripted
  • ILBOMBA
    1045 posts Professional
    This has nothing to do with my controller or internet. it’s an engine issue. Fifa 15 has and had none of these issues.

!
  • bjornheisenberg

if its engine issues then everyone gets it.

its int he game.
    if its really bad then its something else
  • JDSPGA2

its int he game.

You experience none of those issues ever?

• Ducduc
    65 posts Park Captain

its int he game.

If I was a betting man, I know where I would be putting my money on what's to blame...

(Hint: it's not my internet, nor yours, nor our controllers or server overload).
  • bjornheisenberg

its int he game.

i play sbs and notice changes from game to game...not great changes.

this is a part of the game imo.

i know because ive suffered online delay really bad since 13.

if its bad then its somethign your end.

are you using bluetooth?
    thats the obvious culprit
  • JDSPGA2

its int he game.

i play sbs and notice changes from game to game...not great changes.

this is a part of the game imo.

i know because ive suffered online delay really bad since 13.

if its bad then its somethign your end.

are you using bluetooth?
    thats the obvious culprit

No My controller is wired in.

I still don't think it's as simple as that. That doesn't solve why players don't lock onto free balls, or why players take forever to accelerate.

• CFCHenri
    4391 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2017
    Definitely the game-engine issue. I feel all this and it happened massively in FIFA 17 where the new engine was introduced and all you listed happens to me in 18. Not all the time but it happens.

-When you play Legendary, all what you listed happens:

JDSPGA2 wrote:
    Attacking

Midfield
    -Triggered runs don't work and your midfielders just stand where they are with zero creativity.

Defending
    -When you switch to a player they take forever to stop running the way they are running and turn to where you want them to

When you play in Semi-Pro, Professional, none of this happens "as much".
    There's clearly something happening in the game making your players NOT playing to their max potential, just so the AI can give you a game.... in higher difficulties.

Testing from defence to the centre of the pitch, I can clearly see my Insigne (with Hunter Chem style) run faster in Semi- Pro and Professional, but in Legendary, he's sprinting very slow. Not even going to talk about 90 Pace wingers VS 65 pace defenders against the AI.

• maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017
    That doesn't solve why players don't lock onto free balls, or why players take forever to accelerate.
    Change move assistance to low.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Inputdelay
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    not going to read all the thread

i'll sum it up for you real quick

it's IMPOSSIBLE to have delay offline unless one of the following

your console is lagging, could be mods, could be the HD space being near 100% full, etc

your TV isn't on the right input mode, make sure it's on gaming mode, not tv/cinema mode

your controller is faulty

when i play online on champions it's like playing on 5 ms, it's great
    I have the same problems he describes but it varies game to game on squad battles, it’s constant online though
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • tzinc
    3246 posts National Call-Up
    because ea doesnt care
  • BerserkCo
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special

your console is lagging, could be mods, could be the HD space being near 100% full, etc

your TV isn't on the right input mode, make sure it's on gaming mode, not tv/cinema mode

just because you dont have then it doesnt exist?/? sorry to be blunt many many people are suffering ops problems offline
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Gunin
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2017
    BerserkCo wrote: »

just because you dont have then it doesnt exist?/? sorry to be blunt many many people are suffering ops problems offline

read what I said

I'm explaining what it can be

only other thing I forgot to list was a faulty install/update of the game, which can be fixed by repairing the install/reinstalling it

I read what you said . You don't know what your talking about and you admitted in your post that you didn't read the thread. Totally un-helpful post. I have had the same problem since fifa 17 it isn't the controller. I bought 6 controllers in the life of fifa 17 . That's one every 2 months the game was out. Even though my controllers worked fine in EVERY other game I played. The controllers I replaced to play fifa STILL work in every other game lol . So I bought 6 controllers for nothing. Sometimes the game can start off fine without button lag and then the button lag will magically appear. If you aren't familiar with the problem and can't take the time to read the entire thread then you should probably just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and watch .

P.S.
    I'm playing on a PC not a console so it's not a console thing . The common denominator is the GAME .
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    You are connected to their servers when playing squad battles, so yes, sluggishness and delay does happen there and NO this is not on the players end. Tons of people have had disconnects in this mode, when they never had a disconnect in another game so please stop blaming the player. I played on FIVE (!!!) different connections on my home or at my friends, every game except FIFA runs perfectly, but yeah, must be my fault :joy:
  • HereWeGo10InARow
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes, some of these things exist when I’m playing SB, however, the game imo is playable, online is a different story all together. WL was a total write off and after trying to play another couple of online games today, there is honestly no way I can play this game online in the current state it’s in.
  • JDSPGA2
    Games feel much much smoother now tonight. This leads me to believe that it’s partially an engine issue by most likely a server issue.

Well in that case we are really helpless because better servers cost money and EA doesn’t spend money to provide a better experience for the customer they just take it in.
  • Aqeel87
    2970 posts Fans' Favourite
    You are connected to their servers when playing squad battles, so yes, sluggishness and delay does happen there and NO this is not on the players end. Tons of people have had disconnects in this mode, when they never had a disconnect in another game so please stop blaming the player. I played on FIVE (!!!) different connections on my home or at my friends, every game except FIFA runs perfectly, but yeah, must be my fault :joy:

This,
    it’s definitely not our connections. It’s in the game and the system’s been built this way.
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    Games feel much much smoother now tonight. This leads me to believe that it’s partially an engine issue by most likely a server issue.

Well in that case we are really helpless because better servers cost money and EA doesn’t spend money to provide a better experience for the customer they just take it in.

Yes. I too noticed this todnight. Most of y games had 1-3 var connection but still played smoother than my regular sluggish fest I get with 4 bars.
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/329077/slow-unresponsive-clumsy-gameplay#latest

Read this. Same exact symptoms. But mine are from FIFA 12 in 4 cities, 3 isps and $500 in change of internet equipment
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    It definitely doesn’t exist offline. You’re playing at a level you can’t cope with.