The 4231 formation guide (Gameplay video added)

Comments

• Remzy69
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dronegan wrote: »
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    Very nice guide! You play very similar to me, which made me decide to try out your setup. I really enjoyed it, thanks for that. This is the team I'm rocking with:

Overmars - Kluivert 88 - IF Alessandrini
    Del Piero 92
    Vidal - Nainggolan
    Alaba - Boateng - Manolas - Florenzi
    Fahrmann

I finished Elite 1 last week, so hopefully can aim for T100 this week with your CT's! The team plays insane btw.

That is a really nice team! How is kluivert 88? Im thinking to eventually switch out my Ibra for him.
    Loved your 433(2) guide last year, used it for quite some time!

Nice! I tried 433(2) this year, but I can't get it to work. I keep switching between 4231, 442 and 41212(2) depending on my opponent.

I've got the 88 Kluivert, because he's a bit stronger than the baby one. Best striker I have used so far, can do anything plus he's pretty fast. He has been unreal for me, 122 goals in 104 games, in div 1 and WL (elite 1). So that says it all :)
  • Remzy69
    Very nice guide! You play very similar to me, which made me decide to try out your setup. I really enjoyed it, thanks for that. This is the team I'm rocking with:

Del Piero 92
    Vidal - Nainggolan
    Fahrmann

I finished Elite 1 last week, so hopefully can aim for T100 this week with your CT's! The team plays insane btw.

The remz is back, glad your enjoying it again mate was a time last year thought you had gone for good :)

Yes sir! I just forgot about the forums, but have been still playing a lot of Fifa actually :)
  • smaug89
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special

What instructions make it LCAM RCAM more effective
  • smaug89
    up
  • FixYourGame
    491 posts An Exciting Prospect
    szefix wrote: »
    i start the game with the 4411 and sometimes i switch to this formation.

Current set up I'm using is as follows;
    Org
    Free for
    Cov

Tiki taka style. Today i have won DKT.
    PI :
    ST - stay central
    CCAM - stay forward
    LCAM/RCAM stay forward - for crosing get into box.
    LCDM/RCDM SBWA/CPL

Bet you're a joy to play against
  • smaug89
    up
  • Dronegan
    1093 posts Professional
    smaug89 wrote: »
    What instructions make it LCAM RCAM more effective

Depends on your custom tactics. But generally if you are playing direct with not so many passes and you want your wide cam´s to be more offensive put the on stay forward.

If you generally want them more involved in the build up so they have the ball more put them on free roam.
  • Dronegan
    1093 posts Professional

Del Piero 92
    Vidal - Nainggolan
    Fahrmann

That is a really nice team! How is kluivert 88? Im thinking to eventually switch out my Ibra for him.
    Loved your 433(2) guide last year, used it for quite some time!

Nice! I tried 433(2) this year, but I can't get it to work. I keep switching between 4231, 442 and 41212(2) depending on my opponent.

I've got the 88 Kluivert, because he's a bit stronger than the baby one. Best striker I have used so far, can do anything plus he's pretty fast. He has been unreal for me, 122 goals in 104 games, in div 1 and WL (elite 1). So that says it all :)

Sounds good. ive used 87 crespo and he was pretty good but im way too used to play with a stronger and taller striker so went back to Ibra. But Kluivert migth actually be the guy to finally replace Ibra for me. Gonna try and pick him up soon!
  • Chalmo
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hey @Dronegan
    Would you mind take a look at my comment the page before when you have time? Would very appreciate it.

Since then, I'm thinking of Tolisso OTW and Alaba instead of Gundogan/Rose but will have to change formation at start :/
  • Dronegan
    1093 posts Professional
    Chalmo wrote: »
    Hi @Dronegan
    Pretty nice guide here. I enjoyed reading it.
    Currently on a trip but can't stop lurking the forum and think about what formation should I use with which players, etc.
    So when I come back, I will definately give a try to your formation and tactics.
    Although, I have few interrogations:

1- What are the chem style you recommend for each post and why? Is it better to boost the stats that are already good or to improve where he struggles a bit?

2- Workrates for CB: Does it matter or not? From what I read it looks like there's 2 school. I'm asking this because I will give a try to Azpilicueta with Bailly?

3- What do you think of my team and what are the next position to improve in priority order? Knowing that I will probably focus on getting Pogba.

Lacazette
    Rashford - De Bruyne - Jesus
    Bakayoko - Gundogan
    Rose - Azpilicueta - Bailly - Walker
    Ederson OTW

Also my subs are: Rojo, Rudiguer, Aurier, Can, Dembele (CM Tottenham), Sané, Sterling.
    Thinking about trying Herrera too.

Thanks for answering me.

Regards,
    Chalmo

Hey and thanks! I dont use specifik chemistry card on any position. It really depends on what the player card needs boosting in. But generally for attacking players i look to get pace and shooting first. For midfielders Pace and Physical and for defenders Pace and Physical in some cases also defending.

2. Ive used H/M CB´s and i dont feel they wander out of positon at all. So for me personally i dont look at workrates when it comes to my CB´s. With that said i would never use Azpilicueta since he is way to short and weak for being a centerback.

3. I think you have a good team. My first priority would be to get a better player instead of Rashford and also switch in. Rudiger for Azpilicueta. Then Maybe go for Courtois or De Gea.
  • Chalmo
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Thanks @Dronegan.

Then what do you think of IF Mustafi?
    Rudiguer Bailly will do the job while I focus on other position I guess.

About Ederson, I wait for a boost so I can sell him and buy De Gea instead.

What do you think of adding alaba and Tolisso OTW? (If I do that, I will have to change formation in game and I'm not a big fan either).

Last question: who would you see instead of Rashford then? I really like him actually (and I packed him at the very beginning some its about Bromance too you know).

Thanks a lot for answering me.

Regrds.
  • smaug89
    up
  • Nivaze
    2486 posts Fans' Favourite
    Been testing some CTs and I feel like this formation work so much better when you put chance creation on Free Form, otherwise the CAMs feel so static and the striker feels isolated.

Anyone else noticed this too?
  • Dronegan
    1093 posts Professional
    Nivaze wrote: »
    Been testing some CTs and I feel like this formation work so much better when you put chance creation on Free Form, otherwise the CAMs feel so static and the striker feels isolated.

It helps to put the wide CAM`s on free roam. The reason i dont like to put the chance creaton on free form is to avoid CDM´s switching position with my CAM´s. This is less of an issue if you have a stacked team and CDM´s that can score as easy as they defend.
  • ILBOMBA
    1042 posts Professional
    Thx for this awesome Guide. Played 433-2 for years but i struggle this year. But enjoy 4231. Keep up the good work.
  • Nivaze
    2486 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nivaze wrote: »

It helps to put the wide CAM`s on free roam. The reason i dont like to put the chance creaton on free form is to avoid CDM´s switching position with my CAM´s. This is less of an issue if you have a stacked team and CDM´s that can score as easy as they defend.

I got Vidal and Nain as CDMs so I don’t really mind. I use them in my attack anyways. Will try CAMs on Free Roam eventho I rather play without instructions.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Doing well in wl still having trouble with striker scoring feels like nothing more than there to hold up and bring others into play.

A lack of that great all rounder in serie a I guess.

Even if higgy doesnt quite cut it belotti seems the best option still.
  • Andy87
    3566 posts National Call-Up
    Just bought my team and I'm delighted with the balance of it. It feels strong in defence and there's plenty of passing opportunities in attack.

The left hand side seems to provide the assists with PEA and Crespo getting on the end of crosses from Sandro and Dybala.

whdz12.jpg
  • xEvoStevo
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any update on best CT’s and PI’s for this?
  • Dsteve007
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Im back playing these formation. Couldn’t get on with 433 (2). I’m going to purchase boateng.

The set up with be

Fahrmann.
    Florenzi manolas boateng alaba
    Nain Vidal
    IF broz
    Gomez scream perisic
    Higgy

I may be able to get enough for a cheap icon. Possibly replace broz or Gomez.
  • MayneNL
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Enjoying this currently:

Reina
    Florenzi - Manolas - Barzagli - Ansaldi
    De Rossi - Bonaventura
    Gomez - Marchisio - IF Ljajic
    Perisic 7chem
  • Dsteve007
    MayneNL wrote: »
    Enjoying this currently:

Reina
    De Rossi - Bonaventura
    Perisic 7chem

How's IF Ljajic?
  • MayneNL
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Dsteve007 wrote: »
    Enjoying this currently:

Reina
    De Rossi - Bonaventura
    Perisic 7chem

How's IF Ljajic?

He's playing better than I thought, I don't have coins for Mertens so figured I'd try him. His pace is good enough for wide CAM and his other stats are all good too. Pretty allrounded player. Well worth the coins imo
  • Dsteve007
    Dsteve007 wrote: »
    Enjoying this currently:

Reina
    De Rossi - Bonaventura
    Perisic 7chem

How's IF Ljajic?

He's playing better than I thought, I don't have coins for Mertens so figured I'd try him. His pace is good enough for wide CAM and his other stats are all good too. Pretty allrounded player. Well worth the coins imo

Yea I was thinking about having him on the bench as a sub for Gomez. I recommend picking up scream perisic when u have the coins. Great card and will be on chem.
  • Bernardof107
    485 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone here have instructions for fast 4-2-3-1? i don't like to pass 2much the ball, i like to press triangle and go score goals :D
  • Scythee
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This formation works on the WL? Or is it better to play with the boring 4-1-2-1-2 (2)
  • Remzy69
    Scythee wrote: »
    This formation works on the WL? Or is it better to play with the boring 4-1-2-1-2 (2)

Vitality Rocky and many otter pro’s use it, so Yeah...

• Remzy69
    Been playing 4321 lately, somehow the 4231 got a bit stale to me.

Currently using 4321, playing a very anti-meta possession based game with fullbacks on overlap. Really enjoying it!
  • gagolive77
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Been playing 4321 lately, somehow the 4231 got a bit stale to me.

Currently using 4321, playing a very anti-meta possession based game with fullbacks on overlap. Really enjoying it!

Remzy CT and instructions for your 4-3-2-1??
  • protzbischof
    3077 posts National Call-Up
    The more popular the narrow 4231 gets the more formation changers im facing sigh