The 4231 formation guide (Gameplay video added)

Comments

• Jaedric_Kaine
    1756 posts Play-Off Hero
    Converted Strikers as wide cams or actual midfielders?

I had been using a combination of both but just curious to everyone's thoughts.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Converted Strikers as wide cams or actual midfielders?

I had been using a combination of both but just curious to everyone's thoughts.

Doesn't matter as long as they have decent pace, passing and dribbling. I used Eder there in my old Calcio A side and he was good.
  • MayneNL
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The new IF Ljajic looks good as wide CAM maybe together with Gomez if you can't afford Mertens etc
  • Scythee
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mbappe at RCAm or st, actually i use Gabriel Jesus at ST
  • Mesyoun
    235 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I really like this formation but sometimes i have the problem that my right or left Cam switches position with the Cdm's. Anyone had this problem too?
  • Dronegan
    1092 posts Professional
    Mesyoun wrote: »
    I really like this formation but sometimes i have the problem that my right or left Cam switches position with the Cdm's. Anyone had this problem too?

Nope, is your chance creation on free form?
  • Badwolf34
    206 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mesyoun wrote: »

Same here. i think this problem cause "free form"
  • is everybody playing with this short passing stats from Dronegan or plays someone with faster build up (> 60) and longer passes (> 50)?
  • Dronegan
    1092 posts Professional
    Cbfitness wrote: »
    https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/1437540 How would this do? Want to upgrade Benatia to a potential inform Benatia tonight.... @Dronegan

Yes that is a very good team and should work just fine. Though get Buffon for Handanovic
  • Dronegan
    1092 posts Professional
    Scythee wrote: »
    Mbappe at RCAm or st, actually i use Gabriel Jesus at ST

Mbappe looks really good, but i have not used him yet this year. Ive jused IF Jesus though but as central CAM with ibrahimovic as striker. Both versions of Jesus were really good for me. I honestly feel his card is broken. He plays way better then the stats suggest.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    is everybody playing with this short passing stats from Dronegan or plays someone with faster build up (> 60) and longer passes (> 50)?

I play mixed.

60/50 o
    50/50/50 o
    50/50/50 c

Ive tried at higher and tbh it just doesnt suit the formation your striker just ends up isolatef.
  • Dronegan
    1092 posts Professional
    is everybody playing with this short passing stats from Dronegan or plays someone with faster build up (> 60) and longer passes (> 50)?

Im trying a new CT at the moment that i might roll with this WL . Build up passing set to 50 (mixed) and chance creation passing set to 60. Overall a bit more faster build up with mixed passing. Mostly to get my wide CAMs to make a few more runs in behind instead of coming short.
  • Thamightyboro
    Dronegan wrote: »

Im trying a new CT at the moment that i might roll with this WL . Build up passing set to 50 (mixed) and chance creation passing set to 60. Overall a bit more faster build up with mixed passing. Mostly to get my wide CAMs to make a few more runs in behind instead of coming short.

Heh what I used last wl

60/50 o
    60/50/50 o
    50/50/50 c

Probably be using the same again need that bit extra on passing in wl to counter every match being ptb.
  • Pedroninho2015
    508 posts Sunday League Hero
    hey guys

which LB RB for a french team?
    or which alternatives? my defenders are kosc and varane , i start the match in 4321 with bakayoko fekir tolisso
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    hey guys

or which alternatives? my defenders are kosc and varane , i start the match in 4321 with bakayoko fekir tolisso

Digne and Sidibe should be fine? If you have Kosc and Baka on the same side though you can just choose a Prem full back on that side instead.
  • Ricey12368
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hey guys, swapped to this formation at start of the month and after 2 good WL's i sold my team and want to build something new.

I have roughly 450k and POTM Mane if any1 has any suggestions? Im keen to try out a tall ST such as Ibra and if i dont like him at ST, how would some1 like him do at Central CAM?

Also tried OP CTs and I just got countered everytime i lost the ball and conceded 90% of the time.
  • Dronegan wrote: »

Thats what i mean!
  • Xaini29
    1994 posts Fans' Favourite
    4-4-2 (2) destroyed this formation
  • szefix
    523 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i start the game with the 4411 and sometimes i switch to this formation.

Current set up I'm using is as follows;
    Org
    Free for
    Cov

Tiki taka style. Today i have won DKT.
    PI :
    ST - stay central
    CCAM - stay forward
    LCAM/RCAM stay forward - for crosing get into box.
    LCDM/RCDM SBWA/CPL
  • Scythee
    loving this formation
  • Scythee
    Xaini29 wrote: »
    4-4-2 (2) destroyed this formation

nah
  • Chalmo
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hi @Dronegan
    Pretty nice guide here. I enjoyed reading it.
    Currently on a trip but can't stop lurking the forum and think about what formation should I use with which players, etc.
    So when I come back, I will definately give a try to your formation and tactics.
    Although, I have few interrogations:

1- What are the chem style you recommend for each post and why? Is it better to boost the stats that are already good or to improve where he struggles a bit?

2- Workrates for CB: Does it matter or not? From what I read it looks like there's 2 school. I'm asking this because I will give a try to Azpilicueta with Bailly?

3- What do you think of my team and what are the next position to improve in priority order? Knowing that I will probably focus on getting Pogba.

Lacazette
    Rashford - De Bruyne - Jesus
    Bakayoko - Gundogan
    Rose - Azpilicueta - Bailly - Walker
    Ederson OTW

Also my subs are: Rojo, Rudiguer, Aurier, Can, Dembele (CM Tottenham), Sané, Sterling.
    Thinking about trying Herrera too.

Thanks for answering me.

Regards,
    Chalmo
  • ICUP
    4141 posts National Call-Up
    Just got my team back after selling my whole squad

It’s now
    GK OTW ederson
    Defenders: Sandro -Thiago Silva - Azspi Valencia
    CDM: Casemiro and bakayoko
    CAMS: Griezeman, Rui Costa & prime overmars
    Striker: Lacazette

super sub: SBC promes

Already got my CT’s sorted but need to meddle with the build up play since players are making runs just as I pass the ball meaning the ball is passed behind them
  • ICUP
    Chalmo wrote: »
    Hi @Dronegan
    Pretty nice guide here. I enjoyed reading it.
    Currently on a trip but can't stop lurking the forum and think about what formation should I use with which players, etc.
    So when I come back, I will definately give a try to your formation and tactics.
    Although, I have few interrogations:

1- What are the chem style you recommend for each post and why? Is it better to boost the stats that are already good or to improve where he struggles a bit?

2- Workrates for CB: Does it matter or not? From what I read it looks like there's 2 school. I'm asking this because I will give a try to Azpilicueta with Bailly?

3- What do you think of my team and what are the next position to improve in priority order? Knowing that I will probably focus on getting Pogba.

Lacazette
    Rashford - De Bruyne - Jesus
    Bakayoko - Gundogan
    Rose - Azpilicueta - Bailly - Walker
    Ederson OTW

Also my subs are: Rojo, Rudiguer, Aurier, Can, Dembele (CM Tottenham), Sané, Sterling.
    Thinking about trying Herrera too.

Thanks for answering me.

Regards,
    Chalmo

Currently I would swap the position of Jesus and rashford in your squad. Jesus got 5* weak foot so him being on the left is Alright and rashford on the right means easy driven shots.
    I think your next priority would have to be swapping out Danny rose and also a replacement for gundogan
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    I usually play players with their strong foot on their side because of low drivens, but now I have the “dilemma“ of using Dybala and Mertens who both have the finesse shot trait. I rarely finish with finesse shots, but do you think it’s a waste of the trait playing Dybala as RCAM and Mertens as LCAM?
  • ICUP
    I usually play players with their strong foot on their side because of low drivens, but now I have the “dilemma“ of using Dybala and Mertens who both have the finesse shot trait. I rarely finish with finesse shots, but do you think it’s a waste of the trait playing Dybala as RCAM and Mertens as LCAM?

Keep Dybala as LCAM and Mertens as RCAM and stick both players on free roam.
    When I stuck griezeman it free roam even though he’s my LCAM he would often end up on the right side so it was easy finesse. But even if he did not his driven shot was going in
  • Chalmo
    508 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ICUP wrote: »
    Currently I would swap the position of Jesus and rashford in your squad. Jesus got 5* weak foot so him being on the left is Alright and rashford on the right means easy driven shots.
    I think your next priority would have to be swapping out Danny rose and also a replacement for gundogan

Hi @ICUP
    Thanks for your answer.
    Jesus got 4*, not 5. But still, it's one more than Rashford.
    I will sound like a noob but I had no idea what was a driven shot 5 minutes ago when I googled it.
    As I said, I want to acquire Pogba when I got the coins for him to replace Gundogan. But it's not for tommorow. So maybe there is another player more suited to replace Gundogan while I colect tje coins for Pogba? Herrera maybe?

The problem with replacing Rose is that I will have to make an Hybrid team. And the thing with Hybrid is that maybe I won't be able to get the players that I want in my team OR to change formation (I don't mind people who does that but I will not).
  • EddieFicio
    21787 posts Club Captain
    TnbU53h.jpg

My 4231 squad

• Thamightyboro

I used mertens as lca for well over 100 games and he was awful, put ljajic lcam yesterday and moved mertens to the right cam and itbplays and feels so much better.
  • Pedroninho2015
    508 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orikoru wrote: »
    hey guys

Digne and Sidibe should be fine? If you have Kosc and Baka on the same side though you can just choose a Prem full back on that side instead.

yes but who? if kola?