The 4231 formation guide (Gameplay video added)

Comments

• selb
    6579 posts Big Money Move
    Evening lads, I just won the DKT with this

[img][/img]Screenshot_20180614-234522.png.

Took me 4 attempts though! Usually, with my normal team I can do it in 1, the CB pairing looked to be an issue until I put an engine on Naldo and my defence actually started moving! Everything else is working well though, CAMs are getting involved in a lot, Neymar got a hattrick in 1 game, Talisca is banging them in from 30 yards regularly and Malcom hasn't done too bad either, I'm just concerned about that defence, I don't think there's anything I can do with it though as I've only got 20k left and they're both untradeable, I think I'll just have to get on with it and hope for the best.

How're you guys getting on with it? If you did attempt it
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    selb wrote: »

Took me 4 attempts though! Usually, with my normal team I can do it in 1, the CB pairing looked to be an issue until I put an engine on Naldo and my defence actually started moving! Everything else is working well though, CAMs are getting involved in a lot, Neymar got a hattrick in 1 game, Talisca is banging them in from 30 yards regularly and Malcom hasn't done too bad either, I'm just concerned about that defence, I don't think there's anything I can do with it though as I've only got 20k left and they're both untradeable, I think I'll just have to get on with it and hope for the best.

Naah, I'm just not good enough yet. Or maybe the DKT was even harder this week. I did a couple of more attempts last night. First I was eliminated by a Gullit, Promes & Rijkaard gang, then, and just to make sure, finally a great player beat me 7-0 with a mostly NIF French squad - he was unstoppable! Mostly my games were pretty even, but this...

I wonder if I should sell my TOTS Marquinhos, IF Jesus & IF Ederson now for good profit, or keep and continue my learning experience next week :)
  • selb
    Salama wrote: »

Naah, I'm just not good enough yet. Or maybe the DKT was even harder this week. I did a couple of more attempts last night. First I was eliminated by a Gullit, Promes & Rijkaard gang, then, and just to make sure, finally a great player beat me 7-0 with a mostly NIF French squad - he was unstoppable! Mostly my games were pretty even, but this...

I wonder if I should sell my TOTS Marquinhos, IF Jesus & IF Ederson now for good profit, or keep and continue my learning experience next week :)

I think you could probably hold until next week and still make decent profit on them.

It wasn't just you btw, the DKT this week seemed a lot harder than normal, as I said I usually win it first time round but it took me 4 tries this time.
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

I think you could probably hold until next week and still make decent profit on them.

It wasn't just you btw, the DKT this week seemed a lot harder than normal, as I said I usually win it first time round but it took me 4 tries this time.

I would have ~300k if I sold, but to be honest, all I want for christmas is Prime R9, Vieira, Gullit or Ronaldinho.
  • kentftw
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Nice selb very nice. Wish there were good weekly rewards, and DKT rewards though for winning this DKT having to use only one nation!

Following your advice to someone above on here, I only delved into it late Thursday night. Didn't need to qualify or anything, but wanted to try the team below out for the coming WL. Haven't learnt much since won it first time - think I got pretty lucky because didn't face any Icons, only coming up against NIF Italian and France sides. But loving the team below, having only to have spent on the NIFs and its the first time I've used SBC Cristiano this game and he's brilliant! Feel 85 Paulinho is a bit wasted on the bench but not sure how to integrate him

C2LUIta.png

in other news, anyone got any news on how best to complete the Gullit SBC? nearly finished all the league SBCs to get high rated untradeables ; then will start on Zanetti and Litamen
  • selb
    kentftw wrote: »

Nice selb very nice. Wish there were good weekly rewards, and DKT rewards though for winning this DKT having to use only one nation!

Following your advice to someone above on here, I only delved into it late Thursday night. Didn't need to qualify or anything, but wanted to try the team below out for the coming WL. Haven't learnt much since won it first time - think I got pretty lucky because didn't face any Icons, only coming up against NIF Italian and France sides. But loving the team below, having only to have spent on the NIFs and its the first time I've used SBC Cristiano this game and he's brilliant! Feel 85 Paulinho is a bit wasted on the bench but not sure how to integrate him

C2LUIta.png

in other news, anyone got any news on how best to complete the Gullit SBC? nearly finished all the league SBCs to get high rated untradeables ; then will start on Zanetti and Litamen

How you finding Thiago Silva? I'm really unsure on my 2 CB so thinking of replacing 1 of them
  • kentftw

C2LUIta.png

How you finding Thiago Silva? I'm really unsure on my 2 CB so thinking of replacing 1 of them

haven't played enough with him yet to notice any massive plus points or down points, as I say only 4 games vs NIF teams in the DKT ; but didn't notice anything bad last night from that pairing. I do keep Sandro on Stay Back though, with Telles on Balanced, Casemiro Stay Back, Gustavo Balanced; so Silva and Luiz are never really isolated
  • kentftw
    tots Gustavo (stay back) + Gullit (get forward)
    tots casemiro (stay back) + Gullit (get forward)

which pairing?
  • selb
    tots Gustavo (stay back) + Gullit (get forward)
    tots casemiro (stay back) + Gullit (get forward)

which pairing?

I personally prefer Casemiro to Gustavo
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Any ideas what to improve next?

25g8a4m.png
    29pf1w3.png

The games are going pretty well, and I like the team, but I don't really have a motivation to trade anymore. I guess the next step would be Gullit for Allan or R9 at striker.

I bought PTG Willian and PTG Firmino just in case they play a good game in the World Cup and get a crazy upgrade.
  • selb

25g8a4m.png
    29pf1w3.png

The games are going pretty well, and I like the team, but I don't really have a motivation to trade anymore. I guess the next step would be Gullit for Allan or R9 at striker.

I bought PTG Willian and PTG Firmino just in case they play a good game in the World Cup and get a crazy upgrade.

I'd personally think about upgrading the LB and RB, maybe Roberto Carlos and Zanetti?

How's Benatia? I was looking at picking him up to replace TOTS Ramos but I'm unsure atm
  • selb
    How do you guys think this team would do? Everyone starts on 10 chem btw

[img][/img]Screenshot_20180621-120953.png.

Obviously it depends on whether or not SMS gets an upgrade but I'm hopeful.

I could also get TOTS Benatia in for De Ligt or I can leave my defence as it is now which is TOTS Alba LB, TOTS Ramos / Prime Maldini CB and 91 De Gea GK (Zanetti would have to be RB for chem)
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

25g8a4m.png
    29pf1w3.png

I'd personally think about upgrading the LB and RB, maybe Roberto Carlos and Zanetti?

How's Benatia? I was looking at picking him up to replace TOTS Ramos but I'm unsure atm

Any other version of R Carlos good than prime?
  • selb

25g8a4m.png
    29pf1w3.png

Ive not tried any but the 88 looks great
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

25g8a4m.png
    29pf1w3.png

Great idea! I actually loved Roberto Carlos when he played, always been a Brazil supporter in the WC.
  • selb

25g8a4m.png
    29pf1w3.png

Great idea! I actually loved Roberto Carlos when he played, always been a Brazil supporter in the WC.

No worries mate, happy to help.

How's D Costa and Benatia doing for you?
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

25g8a4m.png
    29pf1w3.png

No worries mate, happy to help.

How's D Costa and Benatia doing for you?

Benatia is great, but I never had TOTS Ramos or any icon CB so can't compare. Judt buy and try I guess, if you have the coins.

At least IF Benatia 87 was insanely popular, and TOTS cards with good base cards are usually excellent.

Douglas Costa is ok. Malcom might be my favorite RW so far so I might switch back - it's just that Costa is untradeable.
  • smaug89
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i won div 1 by this https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5566104

4231 in game
  • selb
    edited June 2018
    smaug89 wrote: »

4231 in game

Well done mate, nice looking team, i havent playes a team like that in ages.

I've been away from regular FUT for a couple of weeks but I came back last night and played the DKT, won it first time round with this

[img][/img]Screenshot_20180622-070009.pnguploading images.

Everyone starts on full chem with in game switch, I've got TOTS Talisca, TOTS Sane, TOTS Lozano and TOTS Mahrez on the bench.

Can anyone think of any upgrades on this while I'm here? I got 200k and whatever else I sell for the changes suggested.
  • kentftw
    edited June 2018
    hey dudes, been away for a bit

getting closer and closer to Gullit. Just been completing the big leagues league SBCs for some high rated players to submit using Imaduckquack's method on reddit, should check it out if you haven't (just packed Overmars, my first icon ever from submitting Sevilla team for example haha)

However, reached a bit of a dilemma. Got 3 teams left on LaLiga (madrid, barca, Atletico) saying it will cost me 80k. is it worth the coins for 92 player to then be submitted to icon? can't decide. Get packs and coin bonus along the way of course. Same for KDB.

other alternative is to just not do it and buy the players off the market but seems like a bit of a waste when have only 3 teams left on laliga and 6 teams left on premier league .
  • kentftw

4231 in game

I've been away from regular FUT for a couple of weeks but I came back last night and played the DKT, won it first time round with this

Everyone starts on full chem with in game switch, I've got TOTS Talisca, TOTS Sane, TOTS Lozano and TOTS Mahrez on the bench.

Can anyone think of any upgrades on this while I'm here? I got 200k and whatever else I sell for the changes suggested.

hey selb;

that coutinho card looks naughty! maybe could slot in instead of savic
  • selb

4231 in game

hey selb;

that coutinho card looks naughty! maybe could slot in instead of savic

Good to see you back @kentftw, that TOTMD Coutinho does indeed look nice but not for 400k+, I've still got TOTS Talisca in my club so no doubt I'll use him over SMS atm, at least until SMS gets upgraded ;) and on the league SBC thing, I wouldn't have a clue about that, I've never done a league SBC for high rated SBC fodder, I'm guessing you haven't got any TOTS you're not using? I used the only 2 TOTS I don't use in Zanetti SBC, brought the cost down by about 30-40k
  • kentftw
    got a real dilemma lads and not sure which team will be better going forward. - just completed the league SBCs and so have 94 KDB in the club with the original intention of just putting him into Gullit SBC

However, just wanted your advice as to whether I should keep him in my team . It's basically him or Firmino. I've absolutely loved Firmino he's so damn good and has over 2 goal involvements per game for me at CAM. If I go KDB i'd have to submit Firmino into the Icon SBC, and probably play KDB at CM allowing Gullit to run things at CAM.

But if i'm getting Gullit, which team will be better? Who's the better CM to partner Gustavo aswell: Gullit, Firmino or KDB? Can't be bothered to get a team to base around KDB and try him out, so have any of you guys tried both?

KDB slower which is why I put him at CDM in these pics. what do you guys think would be the best balanced team? Both teams 100 chem with all players (bar Walker) on 10 chem

xNd528S.png

nF0XgvH.png

would only, only, get KDB if he was better than Firmino, who has been amaaaazing me. But everyone raves about TOTs KDB so I assume his SBC card must be pretty good too
  • selb
    @kentftw I really woyldnt put KDB at CDM, I know he wouldn't be playing as a proper CDM but, I feel, due to his lack of defensive ability he's cause you more issues than he'd solve, if you do try it though if be interested in how he does coz I just got TOTY KDB and was actually wondering where best to play him, I'll probably put him CCAM tbh
  • kentftw
    @kentftw I really woyldnt put KDB at CDM, I know he wouldn't be playing as a proper CDM but, I feel, due to his lack of defensive ability he's cause you more issues than he'd solve, if you do try it though if be interested in how he does coz I just got TOTY KDB and was actually wondering where best to play him, I'll probably put him CCAM tbh

Thanks @selb ; haven't had much feedback so maybe Firmino cCAM and Gullit CDM (Stay forward) is the answer! comparing firmino and kdb, kdb only advantage is his weakfoot...

My Icon journey has taken a hit though, the market has increased like mad and now i'm short! any idea why the market has gone up and if it will go down again?
  • selb
    edited June 2018

Thanks @selb ; haven't had much feedback so maybe Firmino cCAM and Gullit CDM (Stay forward) is the answer! comparing firmino and kdb, kdb only advantage is his weakfoot...

My Icon journey has taken a hit though, the market has increased like mad and now i'm short! any idea why the market has gone up and if it will go down again?

I'd imagine the increase in price is due to the fact no one is opening packs and people aren't really selling the better players, could be wrong though, what Icon were you looking at?

Edit : I've played around 6 games with TOTY KDB and he's so good, i cant get his stats from the app but its something like 6 goals and 6 assists in those games
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

I think it's the new 86 rated sbc. Even if the rewards are crap, people still do it. It's only until the evening.
  • kentftw

I'd imagine the increase in price is due to the fact no one is opening packs and people aren't really selling the better players, could be wrong though, what Icon were you looking at?

Edit : I've played around 6 games with TOTY KDB and he's so good, i cant get his stats from the app but its something like 6 goals and 6 assists in those games

yeah envious of TOTY KDB, looks a lot better than the SBC version. Think going to submit SBC KDB; just love Firmino and his curved finesses from outside the box
    looks like its the 86 SBC; have sold all my high rated cards for a 100% profit and will buy back when they crash again :smile:
  • kentftw

I think it's the new 86 rated sbc. Even if the rewards are ****, people still do it. It's only until the evening.

cheers Salama that makes a lot of sense

yeah I'm not doing that SBC, no value for coins ! sold all my 85-88 cards for 100% profit, will buy back once they crash again after SBC expires. Cheers for the heads up - wouldn't have profited otherwise!

• kentftw
    bit of advice needed again lol

while I was completing Gullit (only 89, 88, 84, 85 squads to go) I packed 91 rated Lingard.... he looks AMAZING but I have a pretty stacked team already, and if I sell him now I have just enough to complete the rest of Gullit...

shall I sell? or wait until he is out of packs and then sell? will he go up? or just down?

this is my team..(what it will be with Gullit) does he improve anyone?

xNd528S.png

https://www.futbin.com/18/player/19363/Jesse Lingard/