The 4231 formation guide (Gameplay video added)

Comments

• selb
    6807 posts Big Money Move
    Salama wrote: »
    selb wrote: »
    Whilst I'm here I just wanna ask you which team you think would be better again, I've come up with a slightly different option which I could just about stretch to.

1 My current team

[img][/img]Screenshot_20180608-100421.png.

Or 2

[img][/img]Screenshot_20180608-100209.pngimage hosting over 5mb.

Win some, lose some... best one would be

Aguero
    Neymar - Gullit - Mahrez

right? Or even Firmino instead of Mahrez, if you think he's fast enough.

Whilst I completely agree with that I can't afford to get Aguero and Neymar, it's one or the other I'm afraid
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Whilst I'm here I just wanna ask you which team you think would be better again, I've come up with a slightly different option which I could just about stretch to.

1 My current team

Or 2

Aguero
    Neymar - Gullit - Mahrez

Whilst I completely agree with that I can't afford to get Aguero and Neymar, it's one or the other I'm afraid

Think of it this way: at this point of the game your team is pretty awesome anyway, so just do what's fun. If you want to try a top notch striker like Aguero, just go ahead. He's gonna score more than your wide cams anyway.
  • selb

1 My current team

Or 2

Aguero
    Neymar - Gullit - Mahrez

Actually, looking at it again, I may be able afford it with 94 Neymar instead, but Aguero would be on 8 chem and I'd have to use my untradeable TOTS Fernandinho as second CDM
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    My starting team now:

116sy8h.png
  • selb
    Nice team dude, how do you find the big/little partnership at CDM? I'm thinking of using a TOTS Fernandinho and TOTS Gustavo partnership so I can get 94 Neymar and TOTS Aguero
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Nice team dude, how do you find the big/little partnership at CDM? I'm thinking of using a TOTS Fernandinho and TOTS Gustavo partnership so I can get 94 Neymar and TOTS Aguero

Well, it's a classic setup amd works for me.

Btw, Koulibaly is a crazy MF, he just runs at the opponent and grabs the ball :smiley:
  • selb
    I think I'm gonna take the plunge and do this team

[img][/img]Screenshot_20180608-120224.png.

Ive never been a fan of Koulibaly, I don't know why coz his stats (even his NIF) look great
  • nextqprmanager
    3351 posts National Call-Up

Btw, Koulibaly is a crazy MF, he just runs at the opponent and grabs the ball :smiley:

no fouls / pens ?
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

no fouls / pens ?

Not really, so far. I think NIF Chiellini and Bailly fouled more.
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    How is that :smile:
    DF95_C5_E0_8515_4023_986_B_66_DB0_C1_EC610.png

Son
    Neymar, gullit, firmino
    Talisca, fabinho
    Telles, Rio, de ligt, arias

Awesome!
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    How is that :smile:
    DF95_C5_E0_8515_4023_986_B_66_DB0_C1_EC610.png

Son
    Neymar, gullit, firmino
    Talisca, fabinho
    Telles, Rio, de ligt, arias

Awesome!

Thank you.

Which custom tactics are good? I want that my LCAM and RCAM Are not too wide.

Nothing special, just use the narrow 3 Cam 4231-1. I set mine on "get into the box for crosses". If you want them to come closer for passes, lower your passing settings. I like them to make runs behind the defence line so I keep mine (chance creation - passing) at 55-60.
  • selb
    edited June 2018
    Right guys, I think I've finally settled on a team, barring any unexpected poor players

[img][/img]Companion_2018-06-08-15-53-05.png.

What do you think? I'll replace Fernandinho asap, any suggestions? Anything else you guys can think of?
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    Right guys, I think I've finally settled on a team

What do you think? I'll replace Fernandinho asap, any suggestions? Anything else you guys can think of?

Should do the trick! Fernandinho obviously, but I don't know if there's a better CDM on PL. Next stop prime Vieira? :wink:
  • selb

Should do the trick! Fernandinho obviously, but I don't know if there's a better CDM on PL. Next stop prime Vieira? :wink:

Haha I don't think I'll ever have enough for him! Maybe the 88 in a few weeks though! I could always get TOTS Firmino back at CAM and put Gullit at CDM, or get TOTS Matic to replace Fernandinho?
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

Haha I don't think I'll ever have enough for him! Maybe the 88 in a few weeks though! I could always get TOTS Firmino back at CAM and put Gullit at CDM, or get TOTS Matic to replace Fernandinho?

I honestly don't think your team would get immensely better. You'll notice what you need to upgrade during the WL, right...? I think you're good to go. If you feel your RCDM sucks, just sub Firmino in and drop Gullit to CDM.
  • selb

I honestly don't think your team would get immensely better. You'll notice what you need to upgrade during the WL, right...? I think you're good to go. If you feel your RCDM sucks, just sub Firmino in and drop Gullit to CDM.

Yeah you're right, I'll find out this weekend what I'll need, if anything, thanks
  • kentftw
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Yeah you're right, I'll find out this weekend what I'll need, if anything, thanks

Looks awesome @selb , i'm very envious!! I guess it will be a while til I can afford to craft a Gullit, Vieira or Ferdinand/Maldini (assume Maldini is the best one?)

this is my team. guess most needed replacement is a better left back to sub on than 90 Hernandez. Best one Telles??

WLHlKtU.png

Then after that need to work out how best to get a more offensive DM; but can't get Salah, Ronaldo and Neymar all on full chem without it being an Icon. e.g. this https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5449498
  • selb
    kentftw wrote: »

Looks awesome @selb , i'm very envious!! I guess it will be a while til I can afford to craft a Gullit, Vieira or Ferdinand/Maldini (assume Maldini is the best one?)

this is my team. guess most needed replacement is a better left back to sub on than 90 Hernandez. Best one Telles??

WLHlKtU.png

Then after that need to work out how best to get a more offensive DM; but can't get Salah, Ronaldo and Neymar all on full chem without it being an Icon. e.g. this https://www.futbin.com/18/squad/5449498

Thanks man. What about 85 Blanc for your team? Play him CDM with anchor
  • selb
    Also @kentftw your team looks just as good as mine
  • kentftw
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Cheers @selb and thanks for compliment! but i still prefer yours with that beast defence and amazing Icon!!!
    I think mine would be a lot better if I didn't lose a million on CR7 (keeping him through stubbornness), 400k through a failed investment (just before WC mode, so stupid). Need to somehow upgrade LB, CDM, and CB then I will be happy :smile: but unfortunately with only 50k in the bank I will be relying on my high rated untradeables in the club to upgrade those three spots.

85 Blanc doesn't look as good as TOTs Casemiro! but I've never tried him. Also loving Gustavo, but see a lot of people with Fabinho

few qs:

Maldini or Rio
    Gullit or Vieira
    R.Carlos or tots Telles

the first two are probably a pipe dream, but I definitely need to upgrade Hernandez asap
  • selb
    Thanks. Maldini over Rio, my Prime Rio went into Gullit, second choice is difficult as they occupy different fields but I'd say Gullit coz he can do everything and is say Telles over Carlos
  • Chalmo
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    kentftw wrote: »

Cheers @selb and thanks for compliment! but i still prefer yours with that beast defence and amazing Icon!!!
    I think mine would be a lot better if I didn't lose a million on CR7 (keeping him through stubbornness), 400k through a failed investment (just before WC mode, so stupid). Need to somehow upgrade LB, CDM, and CB then I will be happy :smile: but unfortunately with only 50k in the bank I will be relying on my high rated untradeables in the club to upgrade those three spots.

85 Blanc doesn't look as good as TOTs Casemiro! but I've never tried him. Also loving Gustavo, but see a lot of people with Fabinho

few qs:

Maldini or Rio
    Gullit or Vieira
    R.Carlos or tots Telles

the first two are probably a pipe dream, but I definitely need to upgrade Hernandez asap

@kentftw Hey

I can testify that Blanc 85 as CDM is AWESOME. He's definitely the step before Vieira. Don't just look at the stats on the card, they mean nothing.
    The guy is strong, tall, fast. Bonus: He can pass and shoot. Everything you need from a quality CDM.
    He's going nowhere anytime soon from my team. Well he's waiting for Vieira to take the mantle ahah

But I can assure you you will not be disappointed. I was like everyone at first... not that great of a card... and then I tried and saw by myself.

Now he's rocking my midfield with Nainggolan TOTS by his side. Best pair I tried this year. Sooooo strong!
  • FaintJOEY1
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I need some help with my squad boys . How would this play. Kind of worried deco is too small to stick in at cdm

Icardi
    Rui Costa matthaus James Rodriquez
    Deco Luis Gustavo

Any help with it ? It’s my wc squad. Thanks
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional
    FaintJOEY1 wrote: »
    I need some help with my squad boys . How would this play. Kind of worried deco is too small to stick in at cdm

Icardi
    Deco Luis Gustavo

Sorry mate, I didn't like the WC mode so really can't tell. But basic principles:
    - Fullbacks fast enough
    - CDMs strength, defence, passing
    - CCAM should be great: long shots, passing, dribbling, strength
    - wide Cams: pace 86+, passing, shooting
    - Striker: finishing, positioning, pace / target man type: strenght, shooting
  • DougInskip
    6501 posts League Winner
    @Salama how’s Bday Peres?
  • selb
    Evening guys, hope FIFA is treating you well.

My last team was absolutely shocking! I don't know why, how or what but it was horrific! I know it may have been to servers/connection but my team before it was really good, this time they sluggish, passing was awful, runs and movement were terrible, I had my worst start to a WL ever with 5 wins out of 9!

So I've changed my team again!

[img][/img]Companion_2018-06-09-21-11-25.png.

In game

[img][/img]Companion_2018-06-09-21-11-48.png.

I've played a few games with it so far and it's sooo much better, Firmino is performing way better than Aguero did, his runs and link up play are far and above Aguero, 95 Neymar feels soo much better than the 94 for some reason and Talisca is really helping in the build up of attacks (I think my last partnership was too defensive), this team just feels so much better than what I had, CT and PI have stayed the same, except Talisca who is left on default defence PI.

What do you think guys?
  • selb
    FaintJOEY1 wrote: »

Icardi
    Deco Luis Gustavo

I personally wouldn't play James at wide CAM, Deco would not be suited to CDM, why not Matthaus at CDM? For me Costa is also not a good wide CAM, you need a bit of speed in that area.
  • DougInskip
    6501 posts League Winner

My last team was absolutely shocking! I don't know why, how or what but it was horrific! I know it may have been to servers/connection but my team before it was really good, this time they sluggish, passing was awful, runs and movement were terrible, I had my worst start to a WL ever with 5 wins out of 9!

In game

I've played a few games with it so far and it's sooo much better, Firmino is performing way better than Aguero did, his runs and link up play are far and above Aguero, 95 Neymar feels soo much better than the 94 for some reason and Talisca is really helping in the build up of attacks (I think my last partnership was too defensive), this team just feels so much better than what I had, CT and PI have stayed the same, except Talisca who is left on default defence PI.

What do you think guys?

Sick team mate, I bought and sold tots Neymar as I just couldn’t get him going in this formation, just couldn’t click with the card. Currently transitioning into something else, first buy was tots Suarez and wow, he’s made the whole formation tick, play him behind R9 and it’s amazing. I’ll post my team Monday after my last piece to the puzzle :wink:
  • Salama
    1305 posts Professional

In game

What do you think guys?

Whatever works man. TOTS Talisca is a machine - actually pretty similar to TOTS Firmino. As long as you don't struggle in defence, he's definitely a great help in buildup, and 99 long shots - what can I say. I still might swap Talisca and Gullit though: Talisca is the perfect CAM, Gullit is the perfect box to box midfielder.

Before you rage sell, 5 games might be just a losing streak, bad connection, whatever. But do what feels right.
  • selb
    DougInskip wrote: »

In game

What do you think guys?

Sick team mate, I bought and sold tots Neymar as I just couldn’t get him going in this formation, just couldn’t click with the card. Currently transitioning into something else, first buy was tots Suarez and wow, he’s made the whole formation tick, play him behind R9 and it’s amazing. I’ll post my team Monday after my last piece to the puzzle :wink:

Thanks mate, I love 95 Neymar, I don't know the 94 was so bad but it was, I'd love to be able to afford the TOTS version but it's just way too much for me. I tried TOTS Suarez at CAM and he was amazing. Who else you going for?