The 4231 formation guide (Gameplay video added)

Comments

  • Hey what do you think about my team ? I played like this.

    De Gea
    Valencia Baily Boateng Alaba
    Desailly Vidal
    Bale Rui Costa Martial
    Griezman
  • Yehudaargazi1
    669 posts An Exciting Prospect
    First, I would like to thank you for the effort and the great guide.
    Second, I want to consult you about the offensive side..i have a very hard time creating good chances infornt of goal... Is there any advice to improve this situation?

    B)
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    First, I would like to thank you for the effort and the great guide.
    Second, I want to consult you about the offensive side..i have a very hard time creating good chances infornt of goal... Is there any advice to improve this situation?

    B)

    H att wr front 4 lots of lb and pass use.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    xToXiCz wrote: »
    For all 4231 user :smile:

    Doc you an post your player instruction and custom tactics?

    60/50 o
    50/50/50 ff
    50/50/50 c

    No inst
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    This was my formation but there just aren't enough wide CAM options that meet my specific requirements (good and fast basically lol). So I've started using the wide 4-2-3-1, but it works just as well if you set the wingers to cut inside and stay forward, I find. I'm definitely too lazy to mess about changing formations in game so that's what I'm sticking with.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    xToXiCz wrote: »
    xToXiCz wrote: »
    For all 4231 user :smile:

    Doc you an post your player instruction and custom tactics?

    60/50 o
    50/50/50 ff
    50/50/50 c

    No inst

    Why without instructions?

    Because its so much more fluid and its not like a formation where you are looking to try the exact same play 100 x a match.
  • Dronegan
    1055 posts Professional
    xToXiCz wrote: »
    xToXiCz wrote: »
    For all 4231 user :smile:

    Doc you an post your player instruction and custom tactics?

    60/50 o
    50/50/50 ff
    50/50/50 c

    No inst

    Why without instructions?

    Because its so much more fluid and its not like a formation where you are looking to try the exact same play 100 x a match.

    Exactly its alot more fluid. Instructions do mess with your custom tactic. If you dont have your chance creating passing over lets say 55 there is no need to have your CDM´s instructed to stay back for example since they wont bombard up the pitch as soon as you have the ball. Especially if you play on organised.
  • Dronegan
    1055 posts Professional
    Dada1900 wrote: »
    Hey what do you think about my team ? I played like this.

    De Gea
    Valencia Baily Boateng Alaba
    Desailly Vidal
    Bale Rui Costa Martial
    Griezman

    Thats a great team. Not sure about Griezmans weak foot though but if he aint missing too much for you thats a great team.
  • jackson_1972
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2017
    Orikoru wrote: »
    This was my formation but there just aren't enough wide CAM options that meet my specific requirements (good and fast basically lol). So I've started using the wide 4-2-3-1, but it works just as well if you set the wingers to cut inside and stay forward, I find. I'm definitely too lazy to mess about changing formations in game so that's what I'm sticking with.

    And whats your CTs and Instructions in the 4231(2)?

    To the 4231(1):

    I try the CTs from Dronegan and thats too deep for me, because near/around the box i cannot defend (dont know how to do that). I try always to defend with my defensive midfielder and if my opponent is near the box i struggle to defend....

    So i take following CTS:

    75-60 org
    65-66-35 free
    80-55-15 cover

    Instructions:

    Striker: central, press
    CAM: stay forward, free roam
    1 CDM: man mark, back

    The Rest all on default. Sometimes i give the Wide Cams to get in the box and free roam.

    This feels so much more unpredictable in the front!
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Orikoru wrote: »
    This was my formation but there just aren't enough wide CAM options that meet my specific requirements (good and fast basically lol). So I've started using the wide 4-2-3-1, but it works just as well if you set the wingers to cut inside and stay forward, I find. I'm definitely too lazy to mess about changing formations in game so that's what I'm sticking with.

    And whats your CTs and Instructions in the 4231(2)?

    Pressure, aggression & width down to 30. Everything else left alone (so they're all on 50 I think).

    ST: get in behind, stay central, press backline
    RM&LM: cut inside, stay forward

    Everyone else default. I don't set CDMs to stay back because I use good all round CMs there who I want to contribute in attack as well as defence. And typically I use a M/H and a H/H together so one of them should make it back when I need them anyway.
  • Dronegan
    1055 posts Professional
    First, I would like to thank you for the effort and the great guide.
    Second, I want to consult you about the offensive side..i have a very hard time creating good chances infornt of goal... Is there any advice to improve this situation?

    B)

    Its hard to explain how to create good chances, its all about moving the ball fast. Best tips i can give you

    1. Have a high passing tempo when you are passing outside your opponents box. Make him switch players often.
    2. Watch who your opponent is controling, if he is using AI contain dont be afraid of lettign the AI come close, AI players that contain wont tackle you.
    3. Use 1-2 passes. Example L1+X on Ps4. Something i use often is pass from my CCAM to my Striker in the box, then right back to my CCAM when he takes a new position and bang a longshot.
    4. Learn to use good and effective skillmoves. I score alot of goals by passing to my striker or any of the CAM´s in the box and just scoopturn away from the defender and put it in the net.
    You also have the dragback move which is supereffective. Especially against AI contain, if you do a dragback on AI players they will get lost. Dragback is probably the most effective move to create space.
  • Dronegan
    1055 posts Professional
    edited November 2017

    Instructions:

    Striker: central, press
    CAM: stay forward, free roam
    1 CDM: man mark, back

    The Rest all on default. Sometimes i give the Wide Cams to get in the box and free roam.

    This feels so much more unpredictable in the front!

    I used similiar instructions when i first started out with 4231 this year. Though i would recommend that you try to set your CAM on either stay forward or just free roam. Coz if you want him to stay forward all the time and he is free roaming he will roam back way to much at times.

    Free Roam on Wide CAM´s is also good if you play with a CT that has longer passing. Coz the wide cams wont naturally cut inside but if you put them on free roam they tend to cut inside more.
    Post edited by Dronegan on
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    You've messed up your quotes, I didn't say that stuff, lol.
  • Dronegan
    1055 posts Professional
    Orikoru wrote: »
    You've messed up your quotes, I didn't say that stuff, lol.

    Yeah i really did, sorry about that :)
  • Lusitania
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    This was my formation but there just aren't enough wide CAM options that meet my specific requirements (good and fast basically lol). So I've started using the wide 4-2-3-1, but it works just as well if you set the wingers to cut inside and stay forward, I find. I'm definitely too lazy to mess about changing formations in game so that's what I'm sticking with.

    And whats your CTs and Instructions in the 4231(2)?

    Pressure, aggression & width down to 30. Everything else left alone (so they're all on 50 I think).

    ST: get in behind, stay central, press backline
    RM&LM: cut inside, stay forward

    Everyone else default. I don't set CDMs to stay back because I use good all round CMs there who I want to contribute in attack as well as defence. And typically I use a M/H and a H/H together so one of them should make it back when I need them anyway.

    Do you use Free Form or keep it on Organized? Thank you.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Lusitania wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    This was my formation but there just aren't enough wide CAM options that meet my specific requirements (good and fast basically lol). So I've started using the wide 4-2-3-1, but it works just as well if you set the wingers to cut inside and stay forward, I find. I'm definitely too lazy to mess about changing formations in game so that's what I'm sticking with.

    And whats your CTs and Instructions in the 4231(2)?

    Pressure, aggression & width down to 30. Everything else left alone (so they're all on 50 I think).

    ST: get in behind, stay central, press backline
    RM&LM: cut inside, stay forward

    Everyone else default. I don't set CDMs to stay back because I use good all round CMs there who I want to contribute in attack as well as defence. And typically I use a M/H and a H/H together so one of them should make it back when I need them anyway.

    Do you use Free Form or keep it on Organized? Thank you.

    Can't remember to be honest. I think the top bit organised the middle bit free form. They might both be on organised though.
  • Hexagon Sun
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Dronegan thank you for your guide it helped me alot , i always like to keep possession before the first update i had success with this CT : 65 40 53 65 56 60 65 40 but after the update i i got countered so many times since i cant play with agression , pressure lower than 50 i had to change my CT and now i really struggle to find good tactics .
    i have this team now
    ronaldo
    alessandrini scream kovacic demble
    casemiro herrera
    alba umtiti bailly valencia

    any of you who can help me out with tactics and also changing players
  • Ovo23
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    nice guide mate !
    do you think Neymar would work as a central cam ?
  • Lusitania
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2017
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Lusitania wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    This was my formation but there just aren't enough wide CAM options that meet my specific requirements (good and fast basically lol). So I've started using the wide 4-2-3-1, but it works just as well if you set the wingers to cut inside and stay forward, I find. I'm definitely too lazy to mess about changing formations in game so that's what I'm sticking with.

    And whats your CTs and Instructions in the 4231(2)?

    Pressure, aggression & width down to 30. Everything else left alone (so they're all on 50 I think).

    ST: get in behind, stay central, press backline
    RM&LM: cut inside, stay forward

    Everyone else default. I don't set CDMs to stay back because I use good all round CMs there who I want to contribute in attack as well as defence. And typically I use a M/H and a H/H together so one of them should make it back when I need them anyway.

    Do you use Free Form or keep it on Organized? Thank you.

    Can't remember to be honest. I think the top bit organised the middle bit free form. They might both be on organised though.

    Well, if later on you could check I would really apreciate. I started using you CT´s and instructions with the 4-2-3-1 with wings and then tried it with my favourite formation 4-4-1-1. It is working quite well (only tried FF). Since the midflielders are up the pitch, on that formation, I instructed one to stay back and cut passing lanes. Have to do a few more games with it to get a true opinion. Cheers!
  • MPL4
    1552 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lol, this formation is f***ing awful
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Ovo23 wrote: »
    nice guide mate !
    do you think Neymar would work as a central cam ?

    Works really well there, the guy whos name eacapes me at the moment whos no 1 in world ps4 on 80/80 for.the.month plays neymar as ccam 4231 narrow
  • Lusitania
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    MPL4 wrote: »
    Lol, this formation is f***ing awful

    That is very constructive.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    xToXiCz wrote: »
    @Dronegan

    I appreciate the style how you Play. Could you Do a full gameplay video and show US your style of Play? I (and maybe a lot other Users) want to see how you Play because if we Set your tactics it is important that we should play like you.

    Please do a gameplay video for US it would help so much!

    https://m.twitch.tv/rusherbande/profile

    Thats no1 in world 4231 narrow virtually identical cts hes 80/80 for the month so a good one to watch.
  • MPL4
    1552 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lusitania wrote: »
    MPL4 wrote: »
    Lol, this formation is f***ing awful

    That is very constructive.

    Yeah I know. My apologies. I'm having a bad fifa run. Sorry guys.... When I say bad run, it's been since September
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    @Dronegan

    Current team is:

    ....................... .Higuain
    ..Sc Perisic...Hamsik...Mertens
    ..........Nainggolan......Matuidi
    Sandro...Manolas...Bonnuci...IF Lichsteiner
    ......................Handanovic

    Nor sure where to improve. Eventually Dybala but I cant afford him at present. The fron 4 are OK - Mertens is actually the weak link - by quite a way. I though id move Perisic centrally and ditch Hamsik, but despite only 3* skills he does really well, and Perisic is fine wide.

    I have Gomez on the bench - might try him in place of Mertens, but hes even weaker - so maybe wont work.

    Not sure what it is about mertens - hes great at striker in a pair, but not convinced out as wide CAM. He might be the one Dybala replaces.


    Im doing OK with that team though. I have better possession, shots, shots on target, shot accuracy, %passing than my opponent most matches - even though I dont win all the time. Thats just got to be down to my finishing. Im either blocked, saved, hit the bat most of the time - but I do overplay a LOT.
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    OH - I play with no instructions. CTs are:

    65/35/org
    45/60/45 org
    45/45/45 cover
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    @Dronegan

    Current team is:

    ....................... .Higuain
    ..Sc Perisic...Hamsik...Mertens
    ..........Nainggolan......Matuidi
    Sandro...Manolas...Bonnuci...IF Lichsteiner
    ......................Handanovic

    Nor sure where to improve. Eventually Dybala but I cant afford him at present. The fron 4 are OK - Mertens is actually the weak link - by quite a way. I though id move Perisic centrally and ditch Hamsik, but despite only 3* skills he does really well, and Perisic is fine wide.

    I have Gomez on the bench - might try him in place of Mertens, but hes even weaker - so maybe wont work.

    Not sure what it is about mertens - hes great at striker in a pair, but not convinced out as wide CAM. He might be the one Dybala replaces.


    Im doing OK with that team though. I have better possession, shots, shots on target, shot accuracy, %passing than my opponent most matches - even though I dont win all the time. Thats just got to be down to my finishing. Im either blocked, saved, hit the bat most of the time - but I do overplay a LOT.

    Put mertens on left, I hated him on right but hes been a revelation since switching his side, dont ask me why as I really dont know but he has. :)
  • Safehands84
    3489 posts National Call-Up
    Always try to get this and 433(2) working as suit how I like to play. Hit a brick wall stuck in d7 so copied Barca tactics and player instructions just won promotion to 5. Only it doesn’t work as I hoped. My cms and striker get all my goals and wingers don’t get involved which I what I wanted. Will give this another go trying your tactics
  • Dronegan
    1055 posts Professional
    @Dronegan thank you for your guide it helped me alot , i always like to keep possession before the first update i had success with this CT : 65 40 53 65 56 60 65 40 but after the update i i got countered so many times since i cant play with agression , pressure lower than 50 i had to change my CT and now i really struggle to find good tactics .
    i have this team now
    ronaldo
    alessandrini scream kovacic demble
    casemiro herrera
    alba umtiti bailly valencia

    any of you who can help me out with tactics and also changing players

    Hey team looks very good on some positions. But i would suggest that you get rid of Umtiti, he is way to short for a CB. Scream Kovacic has way to low finishing and shooting for me to use him as a central CAM.
    Casemiro is quality in real life. Though in fifa as the Meta looks you need someone in his positions that is faster. That can chase down your opponent in the middle.
  • Dronegan
    1055 posts Professional
    Ovo23 wrote: »
    nice guide mate !
    do you think Neymar would work as a central cam ?

    Not used Neymar yet. But looking at his stats and how he was last year he would do great on any offensive position in 4231 for sure :)
Sign In or Register to comment.