Original idea to potentially improve the repetitive nature of this game...

VladimirSochi
585 posts An Exciting Prospect
So I have an idea for FIFA UT about how EA could fix the repetitive nature of the game to some extent and add a completely new flavor and I would love your opinion. I realize this doesn't really matter as EA won't do this anyway but it's still fun to talk about..

So remember back in the day when UT team featured your own created player and you could level him up and teach him skills etc? Obviously it was a terrible idea as everyone could basically obtain a 99 after awhile of play and I was very glad to see that feature tossed. But what if they brought an element of that back that was far less OP on the pitch?

Instead of creating a player to put on the pitch and level up, what if you created a manager to run the team. As you leveled your manager up, you could spend xp on new formations or different tactics and instructions. Or, rather than xp, you could get custom tactic cards, instruction cards and formation cards to add to your manager. This could personalize your FUT slightly, but more importantly imo, might solve the issue we where literally EVERYONE uses the same 2 or 3 formations and plays PTB all game slightly.

I realize it isn't perfect and I'm sure I'll have my share of "that's a stupid idea m8" among other sarcastic responses, but I think it's a fairly interesting idea.

What other ideas could be implemented to the 'create your manager' aspect of the game?

Comments

• reconskill
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    People will max out the levels in no time and you cannot limit people to what formation choices. Everyone will still do the samething.

Decent thinking tho
  • Wattagunt
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    They tried letting people do custom formations last year, all it led to was idiots putting 7 men as far back as they could and left 3 fast strikers up top :D
  • VladimirSochi
    Wattagunt wrote: »
    They tried letting people do custom formations last year, all it led to was idiots putting 7 men as far back as they could and left 3 fast strikers up top :D

Not really what I was talking about, but I do remember how annoying that got
  • Robmu22
    1292 posts Professional
    It's very repetitive because the skill gap is the smallest it's ever been.

With the ai defending so good, and with pace & strength the most important attributes - if you don't play ptb, counter you are at a huge disadvantage.
  • I would prefer to see players attributes being linked to their performance i.e. their attributes would increase or decrease based on your performance with them.

You could then also sell them on the market at their higher or lower ratings.

Obviously, there may need to be caps on how much the attributes can change.

This would avoid to some degree every **** team including Gabriel Jesus, Bakayoko, Son, Rashford etc etc
  • Retro_G
    28232 posts Player of the Year
    edited November 2017
    Wattagunt wrote: »

That was brilliant, could finally replicate a real world manager, pull off a tactical masterclass. Everyone got fixated on the negative side, while I was using custom attacking formations to get the lead or when I was chasing a game. Another situation where they listened to scrubs instead of letting people adapt, learn the mechanics.
  • Gromit
    3369 posts National Call-Up
    People DO NOT WANT variety.

I've posted half a dozen threads with ideas for using every league, for getting bronzes and silvers back in the game.

Besides a small group of like minded souls, the rest come back and it clear all they want to do is play with their EPL team all year. Sad but true. Most people on here wouldn't touch a non rare or a silver or bronze if their life depended on it, all they want is their OP golds and special cards.

Here are 2 of my ideas, feel free to put me down lol

1, FREE download of FUT with access only to Bronze and Silver Cups, Then bring Cups back to the retail version. The FREE users would in theory create enough users to populate the Silver and Bronze cup again. EA could still sell Fifa points, and sell an upgrade to the full game. Just doing this opens up most of the 20 leagues that are not being used.

2. Tier system for leagues, if you were playing EPL you could only match versus EPL, La Liga, Bundes, Calcio, Ligue 1 or Icons. And then the same for lower leagues. Maybe 4 or 5 tiers. It wouldn't have to be every mode, maybe just Seasons or something. So you could play with a Superliga team for example and know that you'd only match a team from say the RPL or Liga Nos or whatever league is in their tier group. I did a mock up it worked out most tiers had at least 6 leagues with the lowest tier containing a lot more. It's restrictive to the point that you couldn't say put a RPL player in your EPL team, but it is still a great way of creating a more level matchmaking for those that are not sheep and want to explore the other leagues.
  • VladimirSochi
    Gromit wrote: »
    People DO NOT WANT variety.

I've posted half a dozen threads with ideas for using every league, for getting bronzes and silvers back in the game.

Besides a small group of like minded souls, the rest come back and it clear all they want to do is play with their EPL team all year. Sad but true. Most people on here wouldn't touch a non rare or a silver or bronze if their life depended on it, all they want is their OP golds and special cards.

Here are 2 of my ideas, feel free to put me down lol

1, FREE download of FUT with access only to Bronze and Silver Cups, Then bring Cups back to the retail version. The FREE users would in theory create enough users to populate the Silver and Bronze cup again. EA could still sell Fifa points, and sell an upgrade to the full game. Just doing this opens up most of the 20 leagues that are not being used.

2. Tier system for leagues, if you were playing EPL you could only match versus EPL, La Liga, Bundes, Calcio, Ligue 1 or Icons. And then the same for lower leagues. Maybe 4 or 5 tiers. It wouldn't have to be every mode, maybe just Seasons or something. So you could play with a Superliga team for example and know that you'd only match a team from say the RPL or Liga Nos or whatever league is in their tier group. I did a mock up it worked out most tiers had at least 6 leagues with the lowest tier containing a lot more. It's restrictive to the point that you couldn't say put a RPL player in your EPL team, but it is still a great way of creating a more level matchmaking for those that are not sheep and want to explore the other leagues.

I love both those ideas to be honest. Still very disappointed there are no more bronze and silver cups :/ makes them essentially useless if not for SBCs. Such a shame.
  • Swagster123
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    i hate fifa
  • protzbischof
    2698 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just balance the game realistically. If narrow formations are by far the best in a football game, thats just wrong. Perioid.
  • Robmu22
    1292 posts Professional
    Just balance the game realistically. If narrow formations are by far the best in a football game, thats just wrong. Perioid.

Yep. Crossing is a tactic frequency used my many teams, top and bottom. This year you are a muppet if you try, you'll have more success hitting a 180 degree back pass at 200mph to a striker with 50 ball control who will control it like a prime Ronaldinho.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    If this went in you would have You Tubers and streamers posting the most OP tactics in setups and everyone would level their manager up in the same way and we'd still all be facing BPL Sweat teams with the same tactics.

From the other ideas, the issue with the tiered approach is that if you slice the groups you can match with for games into smaller segments like bronze, silver, EPL, etc... we'd never find a game. In the current state of the game I can't find an online Seasons opponent half the time at night in PST. It would just get worse and we'd never match.
  • Gromit
    3369 posts National Call-Up
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    From the other ideas, the issue with the tiered approach is that if you slice the groups you can match with for games into smaller segments like bronze, silver, EPL, etc... we'd never find a game. In the current state of the game I can't find an online Seasons opponent half the time at night in PST. It would just get worse and we'd never match.

I agree and disagree, you may be right. For example in 16 it was hard to get a silver game. But not impossible because the ability existed.

Maybe in a Tier system you would take a few mins to get a Tier 2 or 3 game, but at least you have the option to wait and try.

It would be no problem for the Tier 1 as they'll be millions of players 24/7.

Personally I'd rather have options rather than zero options.

Nobody can realistically play with the lower leagues anymore unless they're a Fifa god. The EPL are too OP.