WL every team so far

Every team in my 11 games so far have had Jesus, Martial and Bakayoko then filled with the other standards, all 4321 or 41212 (2), its so boring.

Also anyone know what I'm doing wrong, that front 3 through ball stuff in the box is killing me but in their box they have like 8 players when I attack?

Really struggling to enjoy FUT at the moment the WL and seasons are the same each game now I'm in div 4, losing interest in this mode and building a team when the youtube bpl squad is most effective which I dont want to use

Comments

• Sirin
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    Seriously played 7 WL matches today. All of them had Jesus :D
    6 of them Martial, the other one used Son.

Pathetic.
  • Its really starting to make me question the point of FUT for me, same opponents each game its like playing the AI, majority of games people play like complete Richards

High rated players are no better than Jesus lol, what is the point, 100% think I'm done with the WL, might sell up and spank it all on drafts lol
  • Sirin
    Make that 8 out of 8 :D
  • I've called it a day on the WL, on FUT as well now and going to h2h seasons.

Just got to find the best way to waste a million coins lol
  • BecksRightPeg
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played WL last week - almost every team had your was just your usual BPL pacey players
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6779 posts Big Money Move
    Only way to change that is to fix pace / make the creative stats matter
  • Sirin
    9 out of 9 im done
  • Only way to change that is to fix pace / make the creative stats matter

Would be nice but we know thats going to happen unfortunately. FUT is a great concept but the community is awful
  • DeanoZoff
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    Weekend league is full of ****.

Sweaty prem team

Pause at kick off

Switch to 41212 or 4231.

Control a cdm all game while the other players still do everything
  • Sirin
    https://imgur.com/a/Pojhf

10 out of 10 matches. State of this team :D
  • ICUP
    3910 posts National Call-Up
    Sirin wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/a/Pojhf

10 out of 10 matches. State of this team :D

In all fairness there is nothing wrong with that team, if hes planning on switching formations ingame then I get your problem but if it was to stay as it is that team is alright. alot of people play their forwards as central strikers ingame
  • Eyeball
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Also anyone know what I'm doing wrong, that front 3 through ball stuff in the box is killing me but in their box they have like 8 players when I attack?
    Don't allow him to easily get into your final third to prevent the activation of their chance creation custom tactics.

Use different tactics when it's a counter attack versus a normal attack.

If it's a counter attack, you stop them making progress by forcing them out wide or you force a passing mistake that allows you to intercept the ball.

If it's a normal attack you want to immediately and decisively laterally block passing lanes so they can't use their midfielders on their way into your final third. They'll end up pinging the ball to their forwards before the chance creation is activated but will have nowhere to go and noone to help them. The better players will shield and initiate 1-2s but not much else they can do.

An opponent who uses a high defensive line who can also maintain dangerous possession in their final third is their worst nightmare.
  • IxToMxI
    5502 posts Big Money Move
    Would say you haven't probably got the right custom tactics, weekend league has the best players whether you take best on abusing game mechanics or making creative teams is questionable always.

I would suggest using the w/l qualifiers a good oppourtunity to try custom tactics that suit you.

You must also adapt can't play the same team start to finish every game and finish on high wins.
  • Eyeball
    234 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There needs to be mentality and tactics configuration but make it simple to understand so the population can use it well.

For most the ancient configuration functionality is unsolvable because there is too much complexity and a lack of transparency regarding how it all works.

Most don't know much beyond the basics of build a full chem team and apply pace/shooting/defending chemistry styles but it's not their fault. They look at the ancient configuration that was made more accessible and eventually give up after it doesn't make sense or they simply copy what someone else suggests.
  • SuperSonicSean
    5944 posts Big Money Move
    I'm tired of these teams too. I run unique stuff like Bundesliga/Ligue 1 hybrids and unique formations like 352 and 532. I wish more people weren't afraid to branch out.
  • Since I sold up I played draft and used 4321 which waa easy.

I quickly built a Calcio A cheap team for like 15k and I'm losing games by a goal. I could easily build a better team in this formation but its not really fun still.

Genuinely dont know what to do with this mode
  • bigpokey24
    4793 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017
    Every team in my 11 games so far have had Jesus, Martial and Bakayoko then filled with the other standards, all 4321 or 41212 (2), its so boring.

Really struggling to enjoy FUT at the moment the WL and seasons are the same each game now I'm in div 4, losing interest in this mode and building a team when the youtube bpl squad is most effective which I dont want to use

thread through ball in their box to open him up, use a stadium for possesion play, gives you a closer feel and look( FIWC, stadium is very good to tackle high-pressure or PTB , use teleB 17 by 3 )

I use a Calcio a team and these are the formations i use in FUT depending on the match ..4231( both) 4141 and then 4312 ...I decided to have BPL bench, so when my opponent uses his OP BPL players , I bring on Allesandrini, Firmino, Willian , or later to see out the game i bring on Baka, JEsus etc .... YOu should play fire with fire, so they can get the message ...
  • I stopped playing WL this Fifa. Boring. The rewards aren't worth the hassle. Play 442 with zlatan and POTM Kane too. Works great but not tried it on WL.
  • CosmicDance
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Since I sold up I played draft and used 4321 which waa easy.

I quickly built a Calcio A cheap team for like 15k and I'm losing games by a goal. I could easily build a better team in this formation but its not really fun still.

Genuinely dont know what to do with this mode

I feel your pain mate, all I come across is EPL with the same old subjects.

I try and build a different squad each week, just because I get bored of playing with the same players, plus I want to try out different cards.

It's irritating, but understandable that people use these cards so frequently.

Fortunately or unfortunately for me, I don't really care about my win loss record. I'm happy to play with a J-League team and be competitive.
  • ICUP
    3910 posts National Call-Up
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

thread through ball in their box to open him up, use a stadium for possesion play, gives you a closer feel and look( FIWC, stadium is very good to tackle high-pressure or PTB , use teleB 17 by 3 )

I use a Calcio a team and these are the formations i use in FUT depending on the match ..4231( both) 4141 and then 4312 ...I decided to have BPL bench, so when my opponent uses his OP BPL players , I bring on Allesandrini, Firmino, Willian , or later to see out the game i bring on Baka, JEsus etc .... YOu should play fire with fire, so they can get the message ...

Have not touched threaded through balls since the opening of FIFA 18. Everytime I tried to ball always either went too far to the keeper or a footrace between my striker and opponents defender with me getting barged off the ball
  • bigpokey24
    DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Weekend league is full of ****.

Sweaty prem team

Pause at kick off

Switch to 41212 or 4231.

Control a cdm all game while the other players still do everything

when they control a CDM , thread through ball them from the Center circle to either wings
  • bigpokey24
    Eyeball wrote: »
    Don't allow him to easily get into your final third to prevent the activation of their chance creation custom tactics.

If it's a counter attack, you stop them making progress by forcing them out wide or you force a passing mistake that allows you to intercept the ball.

If it's a normal attack you want to immediately and decisively laterally block passing lanes so they can't use their midfielders on their way into your final third. They'll end up pinging the ball to their forwards before the chance creation is activated but will have nowhere to go and noone to help them. The better players will shield and initiate 1-2s but not much else they can do.

An opponent who uses a high defensive line who can also maintain dangerous possession in their final third is their worst nightmare.
    I play a very high defensive line , constant pressure and then when i am facing a counter, I switch to either Full backs or CB, fast switching helps a lot
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Many players are in a no-win situation.

1.) you can use a "cheap" team, the best of which is undoubtedly a BPL squad with Martial, Jesus, Bakayoka and all our favorites. You will be called a sheep, a follower, a sweaty player who is just a meta slave.

2.) you can spring for some big players, some icons! very unique and very cool. if you win the match, you'll receive hate messages about how you're PAYTOWIN and "lul gitgud only wun bc team". If you lose, you'll receive hate messages about "omg how u lose wit that team LOLOLOL/jajajaja" and "pay2lose scruuuuuub."

So the only option which will be not boring and will not receive taunting hate messages is, what, build a turkish league gold team?
  • bigpokey24

1.) you can use a "cheap" team, the best of which is undoubtedly a BPL squad with Martial, Jesus, Bakayoka and all our favorites. You will be called a sheep, a follower, a sweaty player who is just a meta slave.

2.) you can spring for some big players, some icons! very unique and very cool. if you win the match, you'll receive hate messages about how you're PAYTOWIN and "lul gitgud only wun bc team". If you lose, you'll receive hate messages about "omg how u lose wit that team LOLOLOL/jajajaja" and "pay2lose scruuuuuub."

So the only option which will be not boring and will not receive taunting hate messages is, what, build a turkish league gold team?

:D :D :D block all messages
  • bigpokey24 wrote: »

Think this may be the problem, I really dont take it seriously. I just want to play and have fun, not overthink things with countering formations and benches etc.

I'm out, h2h seasons for me, gonna spank a mil on packs just to see what I get lol (will be nothing)
  • Mattallicawolf
    319 posts Sunday League Hero

With this in mind then, is it better to play with higher pressure than low? I play a slow, methodical passing game trying to create space on the wings, but I'm just losing constantly to pace abuse. And when i do get it on the wings I can get the ball to the targetman before the keeper smothers it, or the opposition has got 4 or 5 men back
  • FlyingOkapis
    890 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2017

With this in mind then, is it better to play with higher pressure than low? I play a slow, methodical passing game trying to create space on the wings, but I'm just losing constantly to pace abuse. And when i do get it on the wings I can get the ball to the targetman before the keeper smothers it, or the opposition has got 4 or 5 men back

Good question, I'm a slow build up player too

I find the longer you have possession the more likely you are to lose team shape and become open to counter
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6779 posts Big Money Move

The slower you play the more EA defends for you opponent.
  • Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up

calcio A is better then bpl in terms Of value for coins, its great though that all brainless noobs only copy other YouTubers.

• Eyeball wrote: »

The slower you play the more EA defends for you opponent.

100% agree with this!