Love the Online FIFA Community ... not really

D3ATHSQUAD
2984 posts National Call-Up
Was hanging out at home tonight and thought I'd take a run at the DKT even though playing online makes me throw up a little in my mouth... I started the DKT at 9:55 PST which gave me 65 minutes to get into a Final so odds were slim anyways.

Game 1: Played a guy with almost an entire Man City team who basically held the sprint button down the entire game and spammed long through balls. He went up 2-0 on me in the first half and then I slowly chipped my way back to a 3-2 lead. I then went up 4-2 in the 82nd minute and around the 89th minute... you guessed it!... he proceeds to use up all his pauses in a row and waits for each one to count all the way down to elongate the game.

Game 2: Played another decent player and was up 2-1 in the 90th minute when I got a breakaway and scored to go up 3-1. This guy of course was as nice as the first guy and proceeded to use all his pauses in extra time for their full duration right in a row to waste time again.

Game 3: Actually a decent game and managed a good win - can't remember the score but I believe 2-1 was the final

Game 4: Despite my two time wasting friends from the first game I managed to get a match in the Final with thirty seconds left in the DKT... went on to win 3-2 in extra time to qualify.

In that whole stretch what made me crack up (and sad at the same time) was just the sheer immaturity and dickishness of the first two guys to literally waste time and try to ruin a chance to qualify for someone else. This community just gets worse and worse every day - half the reason Online sucks is the actual players and their attitude.

Comments

• SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    2 in a row? I would look at myself if that were to happen to me.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    This community just gets worse and worse every day - half the reason Online sucks is the actual players and their attitude.

No worse than what it has been for a long time now.

• Blackpoolmonster
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    This community just gets worse and worse every day - half the reason Online sucks is the actual players and their attitude.

It is. It’s been getting progressively worse each year, the need to try and win at any cost has destroyed the game. I remember at the start of UT and for a good few years after messages of “GG” were common. I actually sent a “GG” message to someone at the start of this year after, what I thought was a good game, I lost the game, I received a message back with a handful of expletives telling me how bad I was.

The game is toxic, the players are toxic. The entire thing has just nosedived with people trying to be he next gorilla.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    edited November 2017
    You had plenty of people doing the 3 pause thing from the start of last year, so this is no better/no worse.

Rage messages - nothing new

People playing to win - nothing new
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    It doesn’t help when EA encourage them, let’s be real most people who play like a **** get rewarded for it with some 90th min BS and such.
  • frozenslash
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite

It is. It’s been getting progressively worse each year, the need to try and win at any cost has destroyed the game. I remember at the start of UT and for a good few years after messages of “GG” were common. I actually sent a “GG” message to someone at the start of this year after, what I thought was a good game, I lost the game, I received a message back with a handful of expletives telling me how bad I was.

The game is toxic, the players are toxic. The entire thing has just nosedived with people trying to be he next gorilla.

It really is. Compared to a few of years ago it’s so much more aggressive in the frame of if I can’t win what can I do to make you don’t win or at the very least not enjoy playing. It’s so pathetic.
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tbf i rarely get the 3 pause thing. Maybe you dabbing and watching every replay annoyed them :trollface:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year

Probably the thing I hate the most.
  • SergiuLive
    Well gorilla pauses at the start of the game, not the end. But I agree is still time wasting.
  • RedArmyDoof
    1342 posts Professional
    edited November 2017
    Early this week I decided to give my team a spin in Divisions.
    I'm in Div 8 btw coz I just cba to sit and claw up with how online is.

Come up against standard Prem sweat with Prime Costa and Prime Peter Schmichy.
    Guy goes 1-0 after 15 IG mins.
    What follows, I kid you not.
    He pauses, changes to a 5 atb, then goes PTB with Counter attack.
    Everytime he got the ball, lob down wing, get either Sterling or Sane to gallop down touchline, Cross it in.
    Rinse and repeat the whole freking game.
    Game ended 2-2 btw.
    But that was 1 of the most frustrating games i've played in a while. Would have quit but didnt wanna give him that satisfaction
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    I been saying it for awhile. remove game pauses. best thing for this game. we need automatic subs mechanism. Football is the only sport in the world with live game time, theres no pauses... I mean im glad they finally added a queue, that was a step in the right direction but its only the tip of the iceberg. remove it all together...

Sorry you had to go through that OP, I agree with you... online is very toxic... what gets me is the ones that send you rage messages even after they win... calling you expletives ect... never understand it. take the win n move on.
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2017
    I remember getting destroyed by someone. Sent him "gg too good for me" at whilst 4-0 down at half time. Gave me abuse because i never quit lol finished 5-1.
  • BrentfordFC
    11662 posts Has That Special Something
    Game 1 & 2 are legends brah. Give em a gold star :trollface:
  • Hitman_Hatton
    G12OGN wrote: »
    I remember getting destroyed by someone. Sent him "gg too good for me" at whilst 4-0 down at half time. Gave me abuse because i never quit lol finished 5-1.

One thing worse than a sore loser, is a bad winner.

Noticed this entitled attitude, that people should quit at a certain score, creep in since the introduction of futchamps.
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero

Noticed this entitled attitude, that people should quit at a certain score, creep in since the introduction of futchamps.

Usually 3-0 you get a request to pause so you can leave. Id rather stay, only way im gonna get better is playing better players. Not smashing people every game.
  • Shaanxz
    20325 posts Club Captain
    Every gaming community is toxic nowadays

Overwatch is unreal for how bad it is
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13753 posts Has That Special Something
    ^

I feel rocket leagues community is getting gradually worse
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up

Amen to that. FUT is full of people who believe they are entitled to a win, not a game.
    I never quit a game, even when getting murdered. Why? Well I'll always try and learn something from bad loses. It's an opportunity to try a couple of things against a better player. I find it baffling that people expect you to quit.
    stupid stuff like the pausing, and certain in game tactics have gotten worse over the years, and yes, FUT champs has made it worse.
  • Blackpoolmonster
    3881 posts National Call-Up

That’s exactly what I got.
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    I find the ones who go 2-0 up and start doing skill moves like there gods annoying, nothing better than coming back and beating people like that
  • Retro_G
    28303 posts Player of the Year
    You shouldn't let the way another person plays get to you, 50% of every competitive game is mental. When you get frustrated over what you perceive to be cheap tactics. You're giving your opponent a mental edge.
  • Scutch
    10526 posts Has That Special Something
    I've knocked off receiving messages from people I don't know. I love the fact that so many folk will have been typing a load of BS to send on only to get the box pop up "This user has blocked messages from other accounts".

Bliss.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    13753 posts Has That Special Something
    Scutch wrote: »
    I've knocked off receiving messages from people I don't know. I love the fact that so many folk will have been typing a load of BS to send on only to get the box pop up "This user has blocked messages from other accounts".

Bliss.

I thought you just don't show up on recent players?
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Xbox now has a pop up message? Always seemed that messages would appear to go through on the senders side, just that the other person wouldn't receive them.
  • dewi94
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Never had someone use their pauses up on me. Might be the way you play that infuriates them.
  • BrentfordFC
    11662 posts Has That Special Something

I gg every Juan. Even if I lose. I still get abuse :joy:
  • SergiuLive
    dewi94 wrote: »
    Never had someone use their pauses up on me. Might be the way you play that infuriates them.

This. I did these pauses 3 or 4 times in around 200 games. Every time was because the opponent started wasting time in the last minutes. Like taking 10 seconds for a throw in or 15 for a corner. Pretty sure they had all the time in the world so a couple of minutes more was not an issue for them either.
  • Scutch
    10526 posts Has That Special Something
    Scutch wrote: »

Bliss.

I thought you just don't show up on recent players?

They can still get your username after the game has finished and find you to send a message.

• Rickch
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    Never understood people who quit when they're getting well beaten. I'm awful so I regularly get battered, if I left - dont reckon I'd ever finish a game!
  • SergiuLive
    edited November 2017
    Sometimes is the lag. No reason to stay in a game with lag if you are getting beat. Even if you win I don't think is a good way to spend the time.

You don't get better at the game with constant lagging.