Better match-ups = Less complaints at every level

Mdionne415
1146 posts Professional

Clearly a very good player can pull off a 80-90% win percentage- but why? One of our (the extended group I know that plays) biggest issues over the last 3 season is that match-ups seem to set to a much wider range. I would image that the pool of top or near top players is small, but why are they facing so much fodder (the rest of us)? Even as good as some players are, how the hell are they pulling off a run like that? I'd say they are doing because they are facing much weaker players more often than not. On average, if you where facing players anywhere close or equal to you, you couldn't have that record.

We hate the fact that we can go full seasons facing nothing but far better players- I know git gud, but better is better- and god forbid someone goes on a four game winning streak to end a season. If you do, you know it's 10-12 matches of pain to follow.

Comments

• Bakbay
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Play WL matches, around 7-9 where you will win if you are semi decent. Then play 3-4 seasons matches or similar and lose these. And play WL again and you will win. Rinse repeat, Easy 40 wins.

Although only youtubers have the time for this.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    The discussion isn’t allowed on these forums but it seems as though EA is pursuing less of a matchup-equal-players system and more or a dynamic difficulty system that punishes players for winning. Either way, like Bakbay mentioned, you might need to lose matches in order to gain an advantage back.
  • Gromit
    4524 posts National Call-Up
    Personally I still think random matchmaking is better than skill level based. By the law of averages you should get your fair rub of easy or hard opponents.

It's better than this win win win lose lose lose ELO cycle
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    Mdionne415 wrote: »
    Clearly a very good player can pull off a 80-90% win percentage- but why? One of our (the extended group I know that plays) biggest issues over the last 3 season is that match-ups seem to set to a much wider range. I would image that the pool of top or near top players is small, but why are they facing so much fodder (the rest of us)? Even as good as some players are, how the hell are they pulling off a run like that? I'd say they are doing because they are facing much weaker players more often than not. On average, if you where facing players anywhere close or equal to you, you couldn't have that record.

We hate the fact that we can go full seasons facing nothing but far better players- I know git gud, but better is better- and god forbid someone goes on a four game winning streak to end a season. If you do, you know it's 10-12 matches of pain to follow.

The 10-12 matches you speak of, the pain is not from facing better opponents it’s the game going against you and making your players incredibly slow and giving you a delay. I’ve got no issues with facing the best players and teams. I have massive issues though with the game shafting me when I’m doing well. I’m Not bad i can win div 1, but when I play fut champs I start by winning 85-90% of my games on Friday out of 14. On Saturday I play and I have a 1 second delay pus incredibly slow players all day and it’s incredibly stressful to play. Would rather face top players than have all this artificial ❤️❤️❤️❤️ thrown at me.
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    TeamRem wrote: »
    The discussion isn’t allowed on these forums but it seems as though EA is pursuing less of a matchup-equal-players system and more or a dynamic difficulty system that punishes players for winning. Either way, like Bakbay mentioned, you might need to lose matches in order to gain an advantage back.

Punishes players for winning?! Lol. Absolutely dispicable. This is my last fifa I can tell you that.
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    Bakbay wrote: »
    Play WL matches, around 7-9 where you will win if you are semi decent. Then play 3-4 seasons matches or similar and lose these. And play WL again and you will win. Rinse repeat, Easy 40 wins.

Although only youtubers have the time for this.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I like the game, even enough to post about it, but no one I know is that hardcore or has the time, but there was a time when match-ups where better and being a solid long term casual player was at least enjoyable. It's just not now, and it's not the "noobs" that are the issue, in fact I face very few new-ish players, the issues is match-ups. Everyone at every level would enjoy the game more if this was improved. I don't actually care enough to be concerned about my record, I just want competitive matches.
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    TeamRem wrote: »

Actually, I think it's more based on years, level, and maybe XP. I'll trade halves while hanging out with friends who have played less years and on avg. the matchups are easier then whay I'm getting. I guess my fault for being long term and causal. I think that is why you see so many "new" accounts with clearly experienced players. It just shouldn't be that way. The algorithm for matchups is off.
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    Gromit wrote: »
    Personally I still think random matchmaking is better than skill level based. By the law of averages you should get your fair rub of easy or hard opponents.

It's better than this win win win lose lose lose ELO cycle

Yep