Lag on Squad Battles????

Danic123
2263 posts Fans' Favourite
As the title asks really. What's everyone's thoughts & experience?

I've been hammering teams recently on Legendary, so thought I'd give Ultimate a bash. All over them first 25mins, then suddenly, my players become relatively unresponsive.

Takes longer to turn, pass, execute any action in fact. Actually felt like I had a bad case of lag. How can that be for what is essentially an offline game mode? Anyhow, I lost 1-0.

Moves onto the next game, this time sticking to legendary. Again, awful. I go 1-0 down after about 20mins, but thankfully take the lead to go 2-1 up on the 45th minute. I then pretty much played out the game to take the win. Again, the whole game felt like I was experiencing lag.

Had I been online, I'd definitely have been moaning about the connection....

A further point also, on an unrelated topic. Whilst I'm raging & all!

I had been messing around with my custom tactics to try & find some that worked. Set the same for the first team & fitness team & went on an amazing run of form, beating everyone online & offline. I decide to send the tactics to my mate, go into them & on one team they'd all reset to 50, whilst on another team they'd gone crazy.

After trial & error, I've managed to get some sort of gameplay that resembles it, but really annoyed TBH. This happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Asht1981
    938 posts Professional
    Yeah game play on squad battles feels sluggish n passing is all over the place they have 10 behind the ball quicker that i can pass up to front man it's a grind like wl now
  • Asht1981
    938 posts Professional
    And seems to get worse the higher up u get
  • Danic123
    Asht1981 wrote: »
    Yeah game play on squad battles feels sluggish n passing is all over the place they have 10 behind the ball quicker that i can pass up to front man it's a grind like wl now

Crazily, that second game they were losing 2-1 & had pretty much 10 men behind the ball until about the 80th minute where they pressed. Could've been because the AI took the lead & so they sat in.

Sometimes though, I play it & it feels like they're doing things just to intentionally wind me up! Like random shielding or suddenly aimlessly running to the byline.
  • Asht1981
    938 posts Professional
    My big one is u have a 5 yard pass to ur striker in the open that's running threw after holding the ball up tap pass n it boots it to the left winger who has 3 around him or all the way back to ur cb
  • Danic123
    Asht1981 wrote: »
    My big one is u have a 5 yard pass to ur striker in the open that's running threw after holding the ball up tap pass n it boots it to the left winger who has 3 around him or all the way back to ur cb

Yep, I've had similar. My play is set normally so I'm already holding the direction for the player I've passed too before the ball gets to him. Sometimes there's massive delay on the pass button & all I end up doing instead is misdirecting my initial pass.

To compensate I have to hold the direction I'm passing for longer, which slows down my play slightly.