The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Michael Flynn's rise - Wales & Newport County | Season 5 - The future of Flynn... #TheExiles

Comments

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS! What an achievement and what a way to do it!! Still I wonder what you thought when they tied... although you took the lead soon again, the 2-1 wasn't definitive and the last 2 goals came very late. What a match.

Now the Double (actually the Treble). Newport are the rival to beat in reality, they're the champions. It doesn't matter who's the rival. Go for it!
    Thank you! I can say it was a tough game and my heart beat fast :# But then we came back fast and closed the game in the second half. The final goals came late but we controlled the game. It was just the momentum by Arsenal that was tricky to overcome in the first half.
    Now we can't lose anything but can win it all. We came further than expected and can just win.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    p42Si5k.png

fGmH4QF.png

xcJ3vLe.png

cvk5ckV.png

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    nTTVraW.png

oZNYe1P.png

8lvrTRc.png

u0bkFVW.png

WZR7wdQ.png

6bN4NPK.png

5DqPE9R.png

Player development:
    iBH8AsX.png

Qt2xxGG.png

qatar-2022-world-cup.jpg
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Well... sad defeat at the end. Newport got the lead for yet another blunder of the overrated De Gea, but Vanheusden's error was very expensive. Sad, because Newport wasn't on advantage enough time and allowed Man United to go back to the game too soon.

In the 2nd goal, I don't know how this counter-attack started, but the defense was too open and Rashford had a highway... then he had to score as he did. What a goal.

I guess that in the final minutes Newport was looking for the draw and a new counter-attack of Man United finished the game.

The season was amazing, but it's always sad to lose a final, but this time the errors were very expensive, especially in the first goal. Consolation prize for a brilliant Abel Ruiz though.

Fantastic season!!

Good luck in the World Cup challenge now!
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Well... sad defeat at the end. Newport got the lead for yet another blunder of the overrated De Gea, but Vanheusden's error was very expensive. Sad, because Newport wasn't on advantage enough time and allowed Man United to go back to the game too soon.

In the 2nd goal, I don't know how this counter-attack started, but the defense was too open and Rashford had a highway... then he had to score as he did. What a goal.

I guess that in the final minutes Newport was looking for the draw and a new counter-attack of Man United finished the game.

The season was amazing, but it's always sad to lose a final, but this time the errors were very expensive, especially in the first goal. Consolation prize for a brilliant Abel Ruiz though.

Fantastic season!!

Good luck in the World Cup challenge now!
    You said it all. It was just unfortunate. We made to many mistakes and ManU punished us for them. We played a good first half despite Vanheusdens error but let it slip in the second half. We were to nervous, not calm and invited them to score against us. In the end it's an unfortunate defeat but despite this defeat we came further than we ever thought and the whole tournament was great. We've got the league title which is unbelievable and so the whole season was fantastic as you said. I can't be happier to be honest. Now it's the WC ahead for Flynn and then we will see what's in his mind for his future ;)
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    defPL1B.png

UfXxv9I.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    NuWMv4E.png
  • Danimal5981
    2464 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    That's disallowed. FIFA mandates that the squad has 23 players of which at least 3 are goalkeepers :wink:
  • subpop
    That's disallowed. FIFA mandates that the squad has 23 players of which at least 3 are goalkeepers :wink:

Flynn and Wales to be sent home for administrative reasons...
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Flynn and Wales to be sent home for administrative reasons...
    Damn didn't really put attention to it when it came up...and the game didn't deny. Sorry about that. Then maybe the story ends here already? :D

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    After making a formal error when submitting the final squad list, Flynn and the FIFA came to an agreement which sees Wales staying in the tournament by dropping a field player to make it even with all other teams. This results in Burns not taking part in a game.

After all up and downs ahead of the tournament Wales started the campaign with a narrow but deserved win over Egypt while Italy demolished Scotland to take the lead in the group.
    NDwOX7w.png

Other group result:
    i8rrrbQ.png
  • subpop
    Great start in this World Cup. The first match is never easy and you took the three points. Probably Italy will be the rival, this is why it's so important to add the 3 points in this game. Well done.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Great start in this World Cup. The first match is never easy and you took the three points. Probably Italy will be the rival, this is why it's so important to add the 3 points in this game. Well done.
    It was very important to start with a win because Italy are the favourites as you said. We controlled the game but didn't create much chances. After half time we wanted to surprise them and it paid off with Woodburn getting the winner. Now we have the much needed 3 points and could eliminate Scotland in the next game.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Scotland celebrates a comeback against an unimaginative Welsh team who now have a all or nothing game against Italy who won their second game against Egypt.

zoWmAgE.png

Other group result:
    IK8Ykbb.png
  • Alastair
    10138 posts Moderator
    Moved to FIFA 19.
  • subpop
    That's a setback I didn't see coming... terrible result as you may need to win against Italy and it might not be enough depending on the results. Thankfully the beating of Italy against Scotland plays in your favour.

What happened? You already were unhappy with your first game...
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    That's a setback I didn't see coming... terrible result as you may need to win against Italy and it might not be enough depending on the results. Thankfully the beating of Italy against Scotland plays in your favour.

What happened? You already were unhappy with your first game...
    I can't really tell you. We've been uncreative within the last two games. Our midfield doesn't really create much chances and doesn't support our strikers. Bale doesn't lead the team, it's more about Woodburn who steps up to make some plays. I'm thinking about changing the formation because Roberts up front is isolated and needs more support. Hope we then can beat a strong italian side..
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    The node broke. Wales finally played freely, pushed by the pressure. A deserved and solid win against Italy who suffered a setback after their first big wins. This brings both Wales and Italy into the knockout stages.

8gaMJKN.png

Other group result:
    x1wOHdR.png

1jDOsSu.png

Reh6Tpm.png
  • subpop
    Yes, well done!!!

However, you have a terrible rival to face... I guess that in 2022 Mbappé probably is the best player on Earth, Griezmann still is a great player, just like Pogba, Umtiti, Varane...

It won't be easy... we'll see which face of Wales we'll see now.
  • Ashy
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    Wow you are doing well, 2022! Nice graphics and very good to get out of the group however France will be a real challenge, expect a big performance from the Welsh!
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Yes, well done!!!

However, you have a terrible rival to face... I guess that in 2022 Mbappé probably is the best player on Earth, Griezmann still is a great player, just like Pogba, Umtiti, Varane...

It won't be easy... we'll see which face of Wales we'll see now.
    France does probably have the most talented squad in the world at this point. So it will be more than tough for us to get anything out of this game. We need to continue working on our consistency and show the same face as we did against Italy. And then hope..
    Ashy wrote: »
    Wow you are doing well, 2022! Nice graphics and very good to get out of the group however France will be a real challenge, expect a big performance from the Welsh!
    Cheers man! It has been a long way indeed. And with Fifa19 right around the corner it's coming to an end...or change..or not?!
    We don't need a big performance..we need a huge performance to show France some of their limits. Will see how it turns out.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    A historic game between France and Wales decided by Griezmann in top form. Wales kept pace for a long time, in the end the experience won and France moves on in the World Cup. Michael Flynn and the Welsh exit the tournament in the Round of 16 after putting on a great fight.

qE1qsmL.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Y3tFmnH.png

AvQ8qEh.png

kAMyJVQ.png
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just caught up unlucky with the loss to France scoring the late equaliser but their quality showed in extra time interesting to see what happens with Flynn and the story with the new Fifa out
  • subpop
    I guess it was to expect... Wales still took the game to the extra time and France needed to sweat blood to advance. As predicted, Griezmann and Mbappé made the difference, while it seems Bale didn't have much impact, in terms of goals at least. Still a decent World Cup and the team reached the knock out stages.

Now looking forward the next story of Michael Flynn!!
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Just caught up unlucky with the loss to France scoring the late equaliser but their quality showed in extra time interesting to see what happens with Flynn and the story with the new Fifa out
    Good to see you around again!
    It was an unfortunate defeat. France was strong all game long, it just was Griezmann who stepped up in extra time. But it was a good tournament.
    I guess it was to expect... Wales still took the game to the extra time and France needed to sweat blood to advance. As predicted, Griezmann and Mbappé made the difference, while it seems Bale didn't have much impact, in terms of goals at least. Still a decent World Cup and the team reached the knock out stages.

Now looking forward the next story of Michael Flynn!!
    Yeah as you said it was the individual class by the french players which decided the game. Bale hasn't been a goalscorer but always contributed to the game on the wings and leading the young players. It wasn't a bad tournament. Unfortunate but not bad.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    TKtcJae.png

Michael Flynn's new team will be leaked any time soon now after stepping down. Thank you all for following as this chapter comes to an end! The story will go on, Michael Flynn will move on. I will open up a new story soon for the new chapter in Fifa 19 just to have a clear cut between Fifa 18 and 19, so feel free to move on with me (: