The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Michael Flynn's rise - Wales & Newport County | Season 5 - The future of Flynn... #TheExiles

Comments

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    subpop wrote: »
    It definitely is a penalty. Who knows how the game would have been though as many things happened later.

Not a bad result. The away goal is very important, so this isn't over yet. This is played in 180 minutes and Newport escaped alive from the Westfalenstadion.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    That is as clear a pen as you will see and goals change games so who knows how that would have changed the game. It is never good to lose but you have an away goal which could prove crucial
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Some good results in the league, the team stays on track even the title is getting further away.

If it isn't a penalty, so what is it??? That away goal will be crucial to advance, at our home things are different, the team will do everything to win.
    I'm glad that we all agree on this. We got stolen from a clear penalty here as this would have changed a lot. But now we need to accept it and work harder to use the away goal in the second leg. We showed a great performance in general and are able to compete with them. All or nothing yet again in the next match against Dortmund!

And I'm sorry that this story is going slower lately again. I'm on different holidays at the moment and using my free time. I will definitely finish this story until Fifa 19 arrives and get back to more frequent updates next week. Stay tuned and bear with me! B)
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Ben Brereton in top form was unstoppable for Brighton as Newport escape with a narrow win.
    512ep90.png
    han50WK.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Suffering to get the 3 points... but task completed, which is the most important.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Suffering to get the 3 points... but task completed, which is the most important.
    It was a strange game. They were clinical in front of goal and we couldn't really get something out of our chances. Then we got the 2 penalties which saved us. A day of mixed feeling but important 3 points.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    jvxRvea.png

RFDulVT.png

TcgWL9c.png
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

SCLrh20.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    lQa4VC7.png
  • subpop
    Epic Setola!!! Late drama, it tastes much much better this way. Asoro acted as the leader he is to turn the result around and give calm. The goal of Sergi Roberto was dangerous, because a new away goal in extra time would have complicated things a lot... this is why Setola's goal was so important... and historic.

Congratulations!!

BUT... Barcelona... :(

Good luck!! In the group stage, you showed you can defeat them. I think you'll have your chances... definitely not the favourite, but not entirely impossible. Let's see how you can manage to fight in the Premier League and in the semis at the same time.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Epic Setola!!! Late drama, it tastes much much better this way. Asoro acted as the leader he is to turn the result around and give calm. The goal of Sergi Roberto was dangerous, because a new away goal in extra time would have complicated things a lot... this is why Setola's goal was so important... and historic.

Congratulations!!

BUT... Barcelona... :(

Good luck!! In the group stage, you showed you can defeat them. I think you'll have your chances... definitely not the favourite, but not entirely impossible. Let's see how you can manage to fight in the Premier League and in the semis at the same time.
    Thanks. After Robertos goal things got heated. Beforehand we had it all under control. Luckily we got the freekick and Setola became the hero as he got the ball on his strong left foot. It's unbelievable that we came that far.
    It will be a real test against Barcelona now. We defeated them once but also got shown our limits with a 3-0 defeat. But they didn't play that great against Chelsea and Tottenham so we will see. The motivation will be on the top and we need to remain calm and concentrated.
    Our squad is good enough for some rotations in the league then but it will be a real test for everyone.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    GlVMmLA.png
    TQ61pa4.png
    vDFwLyM.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Z6OQEUn.png

YKNuJEK.png
    vD95EVm.png

4zb38YZ.png

GCwriBb.png
  • subpop
    Fantastic run in the league to pressure the leader. 3 games to go and at least 3 teams (as Chelsea have a game in hand and not forgetting Man United either) in the race. Newport is favoured by one of the lowest point rates of a leader ever.

The title chances are alive and the team proved that they can manage to play in 2 different competitions at the same time.

A successful season whatever it happens at the end... but who isn't allowed to dream at this point?

As I said earlier this season, this Barça don't seem to be impossible to beat. Good luck.

It would be interesting to see Flynn at Athletic, a club with deep British tradition. I wonder if they would keep the all-Basque policy with the new manager.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Fantastic run in the league to pressure the leader. 3 games to go and at least 3 teams (as Chelsea have a game in hand and not forgetting Man United either) in the race. Newport is favoured by one of the lowest point rates of a leader ever.

The title chances are alive and the team proved that they can manage to play in 2 different competitions at the same time.

A successful season whatever it happens at the end... but who isn't allowed to dream at this point?

As I said earlier this season, this Barça don't seem to be impossible to beat. Good luck.

It would be interesting to see Flynn at Athletic, a club with deep British tradition. I wonder if they would keep the all-Basque policy with the new manager.
    This season is crazy as everybody is dropping points here and there and nobody can run through the league. So it is all open and we are clearly the underdogs. Also it's our schedule which is the hardest on paper but we have the chance to eliminate Chelsea in the next game.
    Now we need to focus on Barcelona as we need 110% to beat them. Their lineup isn't scary but improved compared to the group stage with Bailly and Kante joining the S11.

About the rumour with Athletic we will see how it turns out. It's an attractive offer and I need to see how I manage the transition for Fifa 19 the best, if I start another story then...We will see (:
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    GexQ2up.png

5Wlbuje.png

rkZ5rVP.png

QgSPFVs.png
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
  • subpop
    ASdoZeR wrote: »

This season is crazy as everybody is dropping points here and there and nobody can run through the league. So it is all open and we are clearly the underdogs. Also it's our schedule which is the hardest on paper but we have the chance to eliminate Chelsea in the next game.
    Now we need to focus on Barcelona as we need 110% to beat them. Their lineup isn't scary but improved compared to the group stage with Bailly and Kante joining the S11.

About the rumour with Athletic we will see how it turns out. It's an attractive offer and I need to see how I manage the transition for Fifa 19 the best, if I start another story then...We will see (:

You must start a new one. ;)
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited September 2018
    You must start a new one. ;)
    Damn no pressure here :p I definitely intend to start a new one. It's just the thinking on how I manage the transition from this story to another one and if I do have the time to do one as my studies will end soon and once I start working I don't know yet about the time situation. And I don't want to leave behind a story which ends in the middle of something. But I'm glad that another story would be appreciated by you :)

• ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    grMqDUu.png
    VZ216BR.png
    3CCbm5Y.png
  • subpop
    edited September 2018
    Super Newport with a foot in the final already. What a fantastic victory with Abel Ruiz coming home to haunt us. It's hard for me to say I am happy with the result, but the result show that Newport are near the miracle.

Huge win at the Premier League too! What a way to leave Chelsea behind and put pressure on Spurs. I guess it's a thing between Spurs and Newport as Man United need a miracle too.

It's in Spurs' hands, to be honest. Burnley and Swansea are not top teams, so they should win their games... well, Swansea are having quite a good season, who knows in this strange league?

Newport should defeat Stoke City and then... Arsenal aren't doing great, but I guess they still have a good team.

So it doesn't look easy and I don't think the game against Barcelona help much, but Newport never stopped surprising everyone.

• WestardLord
    1762 posts Play-Off Hero
    Great show against Barca, I was expecting Asoro to do what Ruiz ending up doing anyway. Also, excellent job shoving Chelsea off the cliff.

Kinda excited to see whether Flynn would take the Bilbao job.
  • Amazing final stretch. The team seems very confident and very determined to win both competitions which can be possible cause Flynn's management is brilliant. Asoro, Ruiz, Haland, Brereton, what a front, the lads are showing their expertise, hope the manager and the team get at least an important trophy this season.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Super Newport with a foot in the final already. What a fantastic victory with Abel Ruiz coming home to haunt us. It's hard for me to say I am happy with the result, but the result show that Newport are near the miracle.

Huge win at the Premier League too! What a way to leave Chelsea behind and put pressure on Spurs. I guess it's a thing between Spurs and Newport as Man United need a miracle too.

It's in Spurs' hands, to be honest. Burnley and Swansea are not top teams, so they should win their games... well, Swansea are having quite a good season, who knows in this strange league?

Newport should defeat Stoke City and then... Arsenal aren't doing great, but I guess they still have a good team.

So it doesn't look easy and I don't think the game against Barcelona help much, but Newport never stopped surprising everyone.
    Barcelona played really poor considering how they could have played. So this advantage in the CL is huge and it really seemed like Ruiz has been more than motivated facing his former club :D
    Now it's really all or nothing. On paper Spurs should win their games. Now it's our job to win our games as well then to keep up the pressure on them. The chance is small but the chance is there and we need to hope for the miracle. This is our season!
    Great show against Barca, I was expecting Asoro to do what Ruiz ending up doing anyway. Also, excellent job shoving Chelsea off the cliff.

Kinda excited to see whether Flynn would take the Bilbao job.
    Thanks! Asoro doesn't really show up on the scoreboard that much recently but he's still very important as he always puts pressure on the opponents defense and opens up space for his mates like Brereton or Ruiz. So it's really a team effort even though it were Ruiz and Brereton who shined the last games.
    About the offer...I will reveal everything soon how the story continues (:
    Amazing final stretch. The team seems very confident and very determined to win both competitions which can be possible cause Flynn's management is brilliant. Asoro, Ruiz, Haland, Brereton, what a front, the lads are showing their expertise, hope the manager and the team get at least an important trophy this season.
    Thanks! The team really made a huge step forward the last weeks considering that they're all young, talented lads. But as you say I'm really pleased with our offense. They are great. But our defensive stability has improved as well which led to the great situation we are currently in. Now we will give everything we have to get the jobs done!
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    5rRPgJu.png

puleuqC.png

7TGFlnJ.png
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

o2zzHX6.png

ylE2Qi3.png
  • Danimal5981
    2477 posts Fans' Favourite
    It would, of course, be nothing but a fitting end to this success story (I suppose you move on with the rest of us to FIFA 19) if you'd win the Cup with very large Ears as it's called in NL.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    It would, of course, be nothing but a fitting end to this success story (I suppose you move on with the rest of us to FIFA 19) if you'd win the Cup with very large Ears as it's called in NL.
    The CL win would be huge and realistically the chance is there. ManU are beatable. But still we achieved more than we expected and are fighting for two trophies. If we bring home at least one of them would be fantastic.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    R6piPWi.png
    Jj2SK4s.png
    Cse7Koz.png
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    qoSrzBq.png
  • subpop
    As I already said, the season is absolutely successful. Now you are just 2 games away from making it a historic season.

Spurs feel the pressure and handle the title to Newport on silver plate. After the fantastic run to reach the top position, Newport must close the great comeback in a tough game against Arsenal. Good luck!

Then the UCL final... only one game, difficult rival, but Newport already proved to be better than Man United.
  • This is awesome. It's up to you to win the PL and make history winning the UCL as well. Your forwards are sharping and an amazing form in the end of the season. Flynn has a huge responsability about it and he is certainly already one of the biggest manager ever in Newport history.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    As I already said, the season is absolutely successful. Now you are just 2 games away from making it a historic season.

Spurs feel the pressure and handle the title to Newport on silver plate. After the fantastic run to reach the top position, Newport must close the great comeback in a tough game against Arsenal. Good luck!

Then the UCL final... only one game, difficult rival, but Newport already proved to be better than Man United.
    This is awesome. It's up to you to win the PL and make history winning the UCL as well. Your forwards are sharping and an amazing form in the end of the season. Flynn has a huge responsability about it and he is certainly already one of the biggest manager ever in Newport history.
    Can't deny it went better than expected and I didn't thought about fighting for the title. It's a strange season for the big teams which favours us. Now we've got it in our own hands as Arsenal is a tough opponent. But our offensive players are all in their top form and we try everything to make history here.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Kq9c7A0.png
    h593Kaf.png
    vSS99Ad.png
    Xr45u77.png
    lbiDR6g.png
  • subpop
    CONGRATULATIONS! What an achievement and what a way to do it!! Still I wonder what you thought when they tied... although you took the lead soon again, the 2-1 wasn't definitive and the last 2 goals came very late. What a match.

Now the Double (actually the Treble). Newport are the rival to beat in reality, they're the champions. It doesn't matter who's the rival. Go for it!