The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Michael Flynn's rise - Wales & Newport County | Season 5 - The future of Flynn... #TheExiles

Comments

• Wyojasond
    13317 posts Has That Special Something
    Team is on Fire! Absolutely destroying teams at the moment.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Things keep getting better in the cup. A Championship team this time, and not a slim margin of victory either :o
    And still doing a great job in the league.

Interesting that you said Hull was the first home game, something I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Quite unusual to have 4 away games at the start of the season I think.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Wow. Impressive results, solid victories and the attack works perfectly. All the pieces mix greatly and these scores suggest a fantastic season in front of you.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Team is on Fire! Absolutely destroying teams at the moment.
    Literally yeah. The attackers doing a great job and the team performs great.
    Things keep getting better in the cup. A Championship team this time, and not a slim margin of victory either :o
    And still doing a great job in the league.

Interesting that you said Hull was the first home game, something I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Quite unusual to have 4 away games at the start of the season I think.
    It's so much fun to play with the team atm. Was really surprised how bad Hull performed tbh. And yeah I was quite surprised that we have to deal with so many away games but the team did a great job and now there are coming up more home games.
    subpop wrote: »
    Wow. Impressive results, solid victories and the attack works perfectly. All the pieces mix greatly and these scores suggest a fantastic season in front of you.
    Will see if the team can continue to perform that way. But atm it's looking solid as the attack is on fire and the defense is stable.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Newport progresses in the cup with Serje scoring his first goal with an 'once a liftetime' screamer.
    j8mn8x.jpg

With having both their attackers on the scoresheet Newport wins their next tight away game.
    nwfwup.jpg

A fast goal and a great Elliot List secure the next home win against a strong 'Wycombe' side.
    vphnxv.jpg
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

2w5uk5h.jpg
    xm4jh1.jpg

10rs5t3.jpg
    5ourgp.jpg

sevsi0.jpg
    snpij6.jpg
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

mav5vk.jpg
    The attackers continue being plagued by injuries. Shawn McCoulsky will be out for about 2 months after he broke his elbow in the game against Exeter City.

2dtvs4y.jpg
    On deadline day Centreback Jamie Turley got transferred to 'Bray Wanderers'. Newport County receive a fee of £82,000 for the 27y old.

• JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    other then the opening day you have been unstoppable scoring a lot of goals as well brilliant start keep it up :)
  • subpop
    Brilliant. Your attack keeps winning games and the winning strike gets longer. Well done.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    other then the opening day you have been unstoppable scoring a lot of goals as well brilliant start keep it up :)
    Brilliant. Your attack keeps winning games and the winning strike gets longer. Well done.
    Oh yeah the attackers doing a great job. But the midfielders get themselves on the scoresheets as well, so good balance in scoring. It's really hard that McCoulsky got injured, now I'm starting to get a little lack of S11 strikers. Hopefully Williams gets back soon.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    With having 3 games within 6 days Michael Flynn's team is facing a tough time. Especially when Newport welcomes championship side 'Aston Villa' at the Rodney Parade at the end of the week. After beating 'Hull City' in the last round of the Carabao Cup the team will face another big challenge to solve. Luckily they're playing at home which should give them a great support. The stadium has been sold out in record time. It's now up to Michael Flynn to prepare his team the best way possible, but be aware of finding a good balance between resting players and prepare them all properly. The team had a great and unexpected good start to the season with leading the league after 6 games and progressing in all cups played in. Now it's time to shine!

Newport drop points in the league after being defeated at their homeground after resting key players.
    nayd3.jpg

M. Flynn's team comes back in brilliant style by smashing 'Morecambe' and get some confidence.
    jb5mj5.jpg

The sensation is done! Newport defeats 'Aston Villa' with playing their best game this season.
    t0szg4.jpg

• Wyojasond
    That attack just can’t be slowed down! Some massive wins
  • subpop
    The defeat is just an anecdote in the great run of results which now includes the achievement of defeating a team like Aston Villa. The team is a bulldozer.
  • Greenman019
    Another big team scalp in the cup. Good to recover in the league with that massive away win as well after a rare defeat.
  • JoshDFC
    great way to bounce back after the loss shows the character in the team big win against Villa aswell
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    That attack just can’t be slowed down! Some massive wins
    Another big team scalp in the cup. Good to recover in the league with that massive away win as well after a rare defeat.
    great way to bounce back after the loss shows the character in the team big win against Villa aswell
    Yeah the team reacted very well after the defeat and used their aggression against Moecambe :D
    And the performance against Villa was extraordinary. Now we have to face the first prem side, AFC Bournemouth is ahead in the next round.
    The defeat is just an anecdote in the great run of results which now includes the achievement of defeating a team like Aston Villa. The team is a bulldozer.
    haha oh yeah. Whenever the team licks some blood and score a goal they just got onto a rampage :D Will see if they can keep up that attitude throughout the season.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Quigley continues replacing the injured great by scoring the winner for Newport.
    9jou46.jpg

Newport is able to hold up their away record by defeating 'Crawley' solidly.
    2zi934y.jpg

A hard fighting 'Luton Town' fails to stop Newport on their streak at foreign pitches.
    i3t15f.jpg

346ooav.jpg
    #Welldone Compañero
  • Wyojasond
    Still just cruising. At this point might as well start planning for league one B)
  • subpop
    Definitely flying. Top form. As @Wyojasond says, I can't see the team strangely falling in the near future. It would be a surprise.
  • Greenman019
    Still early days but you look like a cut above the competition right now.

I agree with @Wyojasond , start planning for League 1 ^^
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited November 2017
    Still just cruising. At this point might as well start planning for league one B)
    Definitely flying. Top form. As @Wyojasond says, I can't see the team strangely falling in the near future. It would be a surprise.
    Still early days but you look like a cut above the competition right now.

I agree with @Wyojasond , start planning for League 1 ^^
    Haha oh yes it's definitely a little bit early. But I agree, the team is just playing so good. To good for League 2 maybe but the scouts were send out and the planning for the next season has been started ;)
    I'm also thinking about adjusting the sliders. But not sure for now, I will see how everything is looking in mid-season or even a wait and see what will happen in League 1, in case of promotion.

Regarding the presentation I would like to go back and ask you guys for feedback again. Is it ok and readable now with how I added the team names underneath the badges or should I get rid of them or try to adjust them even more?
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited November 2017
    Newport wins an ugly game after 'Accrington' missed 2 penalties.
    ogcbgk.jpg

'Yeovil' got the fast starter but Newport came back in style to claim the home win.
    24b2653.jpg

Frank Nouble and his teammates didn't show any mercy for their opponents.
    yjeco.jpg

2w5uk5h.jpg
    beyq6p.jpg

10rs5t3.jpg
    6j0ew5.jpg

sevsi0.jpg
    r8xguv.jpg
  • subpop
    Totally unstoppable. Only 13 games and you already opened a huge gap. Fantastic season.
  • JoshDFC
    such a strong start gives you a massive platform form for the rest of the campaign
  • Wyojasond
    11 wins in 13 :D Port Vale and Mansfield hanging around though
  • Greenman019
    edited November 2017
    Great lead already at the top, enjoying a lot of success right now.

RE the graphics the team names are more readable now :)
  • Stlducks
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    24 GD in only 13 games, you're the Man City of League 2!
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Totally unstoppable. Only 13 games and you already opened a huge gap. Fantastic season.
    such a strong start gives you a massive platform form for the rest of the campaign
    11 wins in 13 :D Port Vale and Mansfield hanging around though
    Yeah it's really a solid gap now. Gives a good portion of confidence for the rest of the season. Pity that every other team drops points and nobody is able to hold up a little bit :D
    Great lead already at the top, enjoying a lot of success right now.

RE the graphics the team names are more readable now :)
    Thanks for the feedback. Good to know. Maybe I'm changing the design for League 1 then, will see.
    Stlducks wrote: »
    24 GD in only 13 games, you're the Man City of League 2!
    haha seems like that. The team really don't like tight games and results :D Often whenever they score they lick blood and totally go on a rampage.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    edited November 2017
    It was just one of these days where the ball didn't want to go into the net and led to a loss.
    2gv98wp.jpg

How to overcome a loss? Second placed 'Mansfield' felt the aggression and got smashed by Newport.
    30ikh8i.jpg

mav5vk.jpg

Frank Nouble extends his contract for another 3 years! The striker was very happy to do so. 'I'm totally happy to get the chance to stay at this great club. The start of the season was brilliant and I want to be a part when the whole team strives for the miracle. I want to help my teammates to continue our great form and to give something back to our sublime fans! The story doesn't end here.'

After defeating Championship side 'Aston Villa' it's now time for an even bigger challenge. Newport County faces Premier League side 'AFC Bournemouth'. And additionally the game takes place in South England. Frank Nouble is motivated after his contract extension. His teammates are totally hyped for their biggest game. Newport is travelling to Bournemouth with some big confidence after their latest league win. Michael Flynn started his best players and is playing a wide 4-1-2-1-2 formation and wants his team to attack their opponents instead of waiting for counter attacks.

The game started furious. It took Newport just 3 minutes until List broke free on the right side and Nouble missed the goal per inches after a great header. Newport had more posession and 'Bournemouth' were truly impressed by the attacking style of Newport.
    It took some time until 'The Cherries' came close to their opponents box. 35 minutes played and a defensive mistake was the reason for Afobe breaking through and he scored the 1-0 for 'Bournemouth'.
    Michael Flynn's team kept the pressure high and started attack after attack but they failed to produce big chances. Nearly ten minutes after taking the lead it was Nathan Ake who made a succesful tackle against Nouble and proved a great vision by hitting a great ball to Stanislas. He started a fast counter attack, an one-two-pass with King and he curved the ball from outside the box into the net, giving his team a 2-0 lead right before halftime.
    Just before halftime Newport started their last attack and this time it was Dozzell who dribbled himself past 2 defenders before passing to Nouble who was able to beat Begovic. A close score leads into halftime.

Coming out of the cabins it was Newport again who continued to put pressure against their opponents. After rushing towards Begovic who was able to stop the shot of Williams it was Stanislas again who started a great counter attack. This time it ended up by hitting the post.
    Finally it was Jahraldo-Martin who played an one-two-pass with Dozzell on the left wing, crossing into the box and he found Aaron Williams who hits a great header to equalise the game! Newport County is back in the game.
    The last 20 minutes it was attack after attack on both sides with both Joe Day and Begovic making great stops. The players gave everything but the golden goal didn't come. So extra time!

Noticeable exhausted Newport players gave everything to fight against a fitter 'Bournemouth' side. But The Cherries weren't able to use their advantage. And suddenly Serje finds himself in the opponents half with a lot of space. And it was the time...

giphy.gif

Serje took his heart and smashed the ball towards Begovic. But he wasn't able to stop the perfect placed shot and suddenly it was Newport who were taking the lead and complete the perfect comeback.
    But the day wasn't over after taking the lead. Bournemouth increased the pressure even more and started to throw everything they had into the attack. Newport got pushed back to their own box. And when it was nearly over it was the captain O'Brien who got a little bit over the edge and hit Defoe in the box. The referee pointed on the spot. Penalty for Bournemouth...
    120': Joshua King took the ball and the pressure to try his luck. One on one with Joe Day.
    King runs towards the ball...hit it perfectly directed to the right angle...and it saaaaaaaaaaaaaaved by Joe Day who guessed the correct corner and makes an incredible jump to punch the ball to the outside.
    Cleared by Demetriou afterwards and that's it. The referee blows the whistle and Newport has done the unthinkable by deafeating Premier League side 'Bournemouth' after an incredible comeback. The players ran towards Joe Day who clenches his fist before getting buried underneath his teammates.
    Truly a day to remember for every single fan and player!
    mkwrns.jpg

The draw resulted in Newport County facing 'Newcastle United' in the next round of the Carabao Cup.
    Post edited by ASdoZeR on
  • JoshDFC
    Fantastic result away to a Premier League side and a great goal to win it aswell. Bounced back from that defeat in spectacular style
  • subpop
    edited November 2017
    After the accidental defeat, the team destroy yet another rival and has time to beat Bournemouth coming back twice... and saving a penalty in the last second. Amazing.
  • ASdoZeR
    1362 posts Professional
    Fantastic result away to a Premier League side and a great goal to win it aswell. Bounced back from that defeat in spectacular style
    After the accidental defeat, the team destroy yet another rival and has time to beat Bournemouth coming back twice... and saving a penalty in the last second. Amazing.
    Oh yeah the win against Mansfield was great to give some good confidence especially because the efficiency in the defeat was really bad.
    My heart after the penalty whistle was going crazy. The team did a great job with the comeback and that finish of the game was descriptive for the whole game. Skill and luck came together. But defeating a prem side is always special especially at their pitch being a 4 tier side.