Squad Battles Rant/Rage(?)

3NG
946 posts Semi-Pro
Not really raged once since FUT was created. No broken controllers, no rage threads on forums, no shouting or really any anger at all. I'm quite a reserved person but just felt the angriest I've ever been, at fifa, because of squad battles.

Feel so stupid raging as well. 4-0 up in the 65th minute, only need the 5th goal, simple. Gets to the 80th minute, still not mad even though their keeper has saved ~4 high % shots. Playing all out attack from now on, should get the goal. Nope, computer will play PTB even though they're 4-0 down and I have 6 players back while im on AOA playing 3421 for some reason.

Finished the game with 2,349 points, horrible. Almost forgot to say this was a 67 rated team with 42 chem. Always the way with those teams. I think they''re programmed to play like the underdog at all times which is why they cause the most upsets.

I digress, I think I'm done with SB's. Finished top 100 every single week bar 1 (didn't play all my games) and honestly, even after the first 4 games ever of SB's, I don't have fun playing them or against the CPU in general.
I have no idea how I am almost raging over playing the computer of which I have no control over.

Comments

• Nobber93
    2062 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's okay buddy I feel your pain. I just had to break down a back four of Atsu Rice Mee and Van Arnholt and genuinely it was like playing 4 icons. The computer wasn't giving me every form of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and lucky come out with the win to keep me on track but Larsson Litmanen Perisic and Gomez normally stick 5 past teams nah not in this case... 2?! 2 goals I was fuming haha
  • Prinzar
    596 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FIFA has been like this for years with the defence matching your attacking mentality. It's slightly different this year, but as you go attacking, or higher, the cpu goes defensive or ultra until it gets the chance to fluke it's way to a goal.
    When it's like this you need to ease off a bit
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah I even shsshed the CPU I was so mad in a game earlier. When I thought about it afterwards, I realised that I probably need a break. lol
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Simple - stop playing stuff that gets you wound up. Maybe drop down and play World Class and just settle for Elite 1 each week?

I play Legendary against the worst team each set and then play the last three on Professional and that gets me Elite 2 every week... and I am not stressed at all about it. Usually I win the Legendary game 2-0 up to 4-1 or so... and win my Professional games 6-0 down to 3-1 or 4-1. Yes, I could probably push for Elite 1 and play Legendary every game but it would stress me out more than I'd like and it would't be fun so I choose to take one tier down (which is really just 15k less coins) for my own sanity.
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    White people problems
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tragedy not getting that fifth goal and those points, horrible. Gotta get top 100, gotta get that 5-0 score, can’t have fun anymore, everything has to be mega competitive now so I can get that extra pack of positive reinforcement.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Tragedy not getting that fifth goal and those points, horrible. Gotta get top 100, gotta get that 5-0 score, can’t have fun anymore, everything has to be mega competitive now so I can get that extra pack of positive reinforcement.

This is true. Nobody plays to enjoy.

I have actually somehow won all 8 games so far on legendary and then did the Chelsea one on semi pro as no point risking that one. Am just below elite 1 even after all legendary wins! Ugh..
  • MuzzaLUFC
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    Feel your pain. Won every game on SB’s so far this week on legendary and I’m not even in Elite 1 my scores have been so poor.

Won my last game today 2-1, but had to rely on a last minute winner after coming from 1-0 down...against a 66 rated, 42 chemistry team who had Iniesta..god knows whay their rating wouldn’t been without him.

Also kept 1 clean sheet in my 9 games - I’ve just kept 5 clean sheets in a row against Ultimate (x4) and Legendary (x1) in seasons but SB’s..they always score lately.
  • mikesmith1292
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It kills me that every week either sunday or monday i have min 2 games disconnect. Dont understand it only ever happens on these days and always against the worst teams. I end up giving up by the weekend and settling for gold1 or 2
  • ForestGrump70
    1104 posts Professional
    So you're raging because you only won 4-0?....

FFS grow up.