Players moving slow? Check your controller settings!

Argie8
7430 posts Big Money Move
Ok so I brought this up in the WL thread and it affected a lot of people so thought I'd make a thread about it.

For the last few weeks, I've been complaining that my players are so slow. My defenders can never catch up to attackers yet my attackers would never outpace defenders. However, I finally decided to check my controller settings and to my surprise I saw analog sprint had been randomly turned on! Whilst this is an important feature for some people's game, for the rest of us this is a game changer, as the amount you hold RT down the quicker your player sprints. So now I've turned Analog sprint off and it's like my players are taking PEDs!

Tl;dr: turn analog sprint off and watch your players actually sprint for once.

Let me know if you've been abused by the Analog Sprint. We are a warm and welcoming club B)

Comments

• Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    I think the default is ON but was told to switch off last year by the sweatiest bugger on the forum. @Sercs :D
  • Maverick
    10355 posts Has That Special Something
    +1
  • Sercs
    22519 posts Club Captain
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    I think the default is ON but was told to switch off last year by the sweatiest bugger on the forum. @Sercs :D

haha yeah I think I did tell loads to turn it off from what I recall.

What also happened is I've completely forgot this year so if default is on.. then its going to be on for me :joy:
  • Humma78
    2717 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sadly just checked and mine was already set to off so I need another excuse for current shitness.
  • Argie8
    Humma78 wrote: »
    Sadly just checked and mine was already set to off so I need another excuse for current shitness.

:D Sorry man
  • Sercs
    22519 posts Club Captain
    Humma78 wrote: »

maybe thats why your currently playing so bad, better turn it on and tell us how its the reason :trollface:
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    Players feel much faster, but I'm finding it very easy to over run everything with it off.
  • Cadey 5
    14674 posts World Class
    Mine is on but I'm not sure what it means.
  • Argie8
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    Mine is on but I'm not sure what it means.

It means you have to hold RT all the way down for the players to sprint at their max
  • Claretnblue
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had this in 17, however it was compounded by the fact I had trigger locks enabled on the elite pad so it could never reach full speed!
  • Lfc23
    3854 posts National Call-Up
    worked for me players feels a lot faster thanks mate
  • jdros
    2860 posts Fans' Favourite
    I prefer the control of analog sprint. They can be faster with it off though.