OT: Xbox one X early opinions?

FlyingOkapis
865 posts Semi-Pro
edited November 2017
So whats the verdict so far?

Any good, worth the price/upgrade, does it have that new console feel?

I was going to get one but missed pre orders and forgot, now I have a slight interest in getting one but not sure, so guys how do you feel with your new purchase?

Honest answers please and is there any regrets?

Cheers and enjoy if you did get one!

EDIT: if you dont have the console feel free to comment ask questions etc but dont give a review unless you've actually experienced one.

Comments

• maymanpele
    14346 posts Has That Special Something
    It's so bad. Never again...

Be glad you missed pre-orders.
  • Really, what makes it that bad?
  • maymanpele
    Really, what makes it that bad?

Paying $500 for nothing more than a slightly quicker load time on games. I'll wait for ps5.
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    maymanpele wrote: »

Paying $500 for nothing more than a slightly quicker load time on games. I'll wait for ps5.

Is that an actual review or are you saying that because you watched YouTube videos?
  • maymanpele wrote: »

So you dont actually have one then..?
  • Humma78
    2235 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maymanpele is just a ****.

It's a very nice upgrade games do look excellent and play a lot smoother.
  • maymanpele
    ALIST4R wrote: »
    maymanpele wrote: »

Is that an actual review or are you saying that because you watched YouTube videos?

I wouldn't go to YouTube for a review. It's my personal opinion on it. The resale of a normal Xbox is rock bottom, so you'd be lucky to walk out of the door only paying $350 after taxes. Just not worth it to me.

I used that $350 to buy a pair of boots to look at lol
  • maXmood
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    i wouldn't buy one unless the current one gone bad or i'm upgrading my tv to 4k..

however, i'm interested to see what owners have to say about it.
  • Humma78
    I've had mine since Friday and I've been very impressed.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17176 posts World Class
    Pointless
  • Humma78
    People saying pointless, do you have one? If its pointless then any console upgrade is.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17176 posts World Class
    Humma78 wrote: »
    People saying pointless, do you have one? If its pointless then any console upgrade is.

But it costs alot more than a normal console upgrade.
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    People who **** on it probably never had one to begin with and are just trolling. I got mine today and the difference is very visible, especially on Assassins Creed and Forza. I feel like I'm legit on a nextgen console. Looks stunning on my 4K OLED. Even Halo 3 looks and feels like a proper remaster. The games that aren't optimized as well won't look that great however. But the console is just out so more games will be better optimized going forward. This is now pretty much the console to play multiplats on for me.
  • maymanpele

It seems like this is an Xbox one.2

• Retro_G
    28117 posts Player of the Year

Because it can run 4k, 60fps. You wouldn't be able to build a PC this powerful for 500 quid, so it's worth the price.
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    People who **** on it probably never had one to begin with and are just trolling. I got mine today and the difference is very visible, especially on Assassins Creed and Forza. I feel like I'm legit on a nextgen console. Looks stunning on my 4K OLED. Even Halo 3 looks and feels like a proper remaster. The games that aren't optimized as well won't look that great however. But the console is just out so more games will be better optimized going forward. This is now pretty much the console to play multiplats on for me.

OT but how's Forza? Thinking about buying it? :#
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17176 posts World Class
    Retro_G wrote: »

Because it can run 4k, 60fps. You wouldn't be able to build a PC this powerful for 500 quid, so it's worth the price.

Which games run at 4k 60fps?
  • Shaanxz
    20096 posts Club Captain
    I would get it, if it had PlayStations exclusives.
    If you have the disposable income and feel like upgrading. May as well get it
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero

Depends. Do you like sim type racers or arcade like ?
    I'm not that big on Forza mainline series as it's too sim for my taste but prefer Forza Horizon 1,2,3 as they are a joy to play for me. Fun to the max. I just tried Forza 7 to see if it's as good as they said it was. Went back to Forza Horizon 3 and that game is still gorgeous. Even more so.
  • Shaanxz
    20096 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2017
    Racing game are a dying breed these days
    All toxic online
  • Will update later as mine arriving 15.17 to 16.17. Shadow of War and Creed meant to look awesome.
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class

I'm not that big on Forza mainline series as it's too sim for my taste but prefer Forza Horizon 1,2,3 as they are a joy to play for me. Fun to the max. I just tried Forza 7 to see if it's as good as they said it was. Went back to Forza Horizon 3 and that game is still gorgeous. Even more so.

Probably rather go for Forza 7 over Horizon 3 tbh. Was addicted to Gran Turismo 3 back in the day on PS.

Want to get the new GT Sport but heard that the content isn't great compared to Forza 7. Graphics wise and all that it should be great though.
  • Scutch
    10264 posts Has That Special Something
    Badder wrote: »
    Will update later as mine arriving 15.17 to 16.17. Shadow of War and Creed meant to look awesome.

Creed is stunning, but then so is Tomb Raider, surprisingly.
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero

Probably rather go for Forza 7 over Horizon 3 tbh. Was addicted to Gran Turismo 3 back in the day on PS.

Want to get the new GT Sport but heard that the content isn't great compared to Forza 7. Graphics wise and all that it should be great though.

Well I hope you enjoy mate.
  • Humma78
    Scutch wrote: »
    Will update later as mine arriving 15.17 to 16.17. Shadow of War and Creed meant to look awesome.

Yes couldn't believe the level of detail in Tomb Raider, it looks legit amazing in 4k.
  • Scutch wrote: »

Got forza creed and shadow of war package and now tv for 2 months lol. What package u all get?
  • Scutch
    10264 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2017
    Scutch wrote: »

Got forza creed and shadow of war package and now tv for 2 months lol. What package u all get?

I just got the Scorpio console. Already have the 4k curved Samsung, Creed, Wolfenstein 2 and Tomb Raider. Good to go. Quite fancy Shadow of War as I loved Mordor.

Be interesting to see how Forza plays and looks.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something

Taking his opinion a bit personally there, old bean.
  • Humma78

Lol if it was this one issue I wouldn't even have commented, old bean.
  • Sanchezzzz
    3800 posts National Call-Up

Maymanpele was being a **** I agree with @Humma78