Any TV gurus around for some Xbox One X help

TORZADO
5159 posts Big Money Move
edited November 2017
Hi lads been a while, I'm having trouble working out the best settings to get most out of this console not sure whether to use 8,10,12 bit and change to rgb? Can't find anything online for my model

Samsung UA55JS8000WXXY

Quick run down of TV specs
55" SUHD 4K 200hz HDR1000

Any help would be appreciated
Post edited by TORZADO on

Comments

• TORZADO
    Every time I select hdr the picture goes dull, deselect it and it goes back to normal so would it be that my model doesn't support hdr correctly?

Baffled
  • tvrfan
    1256 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also whats with YCC 4:2:2 enabled or disabled?
  • TORZADO
    tvrfan wrote: »

Man I just don't know what to select and de select lol. All I know is when I activate hdr on the Xbox it goes dull
  • TORZADO
    edited November 2017
    tvrfan wrote: »

At work atm but I think it's selected

Also all ticks green in the TV capabilities menu
  • Olleman
    15212 posts World Class
    You still playing? :)
  • Scutch
    22053 posts Club Captain
  • TORZADO
    edited November 2017
    Olleman wrote: »
    You still playing? :)

Yeh mate just FIFA and Assassins when I can

Cheers scutch I'll have a view shortly see if helps. Doing my nut in
  • TORZADO
    Video seems very helpful, will apply all this later and update if it corrects it which looks like it should. Shame Samsung has not sent out an update for these high end tvs to auto everything for PS4 pro and Xbox X
  • TORZADO
    Tried it but still not right a lot of issues with hdr across the board it seems like a waste of time. Better off on 4K dynamic settings minus game mode and hdr off....
  • Far better with game mode on with 4k and hdr. Will post my settings when home from work tonight see if it helps.
  • Sercs
    22562 posts Club Captain
    TORZADO wrote: »
    Tried it but still not right a lot of issues with hdr across the board it seems like a waste of time. Better off on 4K dynamic settings minus game mode and hdr off....

Check out the Xbox X thread, helpful stuff in it

From what I’ve seen way in which to get the HDR working is to change the output from the HDMI to PC, then it works..
  • TORZADO
    Sercs wrote: »

Check out the Xbox X thread, helpful stuff in it

From what I’ve seen way in which to get the HDR working is to change the output from the HDMI to PC, then it works..

Thanks will try that out also I think it's set on automatic output.

Would like to see your configuration also @Badder if you can post
  • Nightwish04
    749 posts Professional
    edited November 2017
    Badder wrote: »
    Far better with game mode on with 4k and hdr. Will post my settings when home from work tonight see if it helps.

Is there a way to get game mode and HDR to work at the same time. It's either one or the other. Without HDR it looks quite poor picture quality. But with HDR the quality is a lot better, but you get a bit of blurring on the ball ever now and then because of the lack of game mode.

I'm using a Samsung ue40mu6100.
  • TORZADO
    Thanks guys for the help.

Update turns out after 1 week trying to figure it out I contacted Samsung when I had some time and my model does not support HDR when the ticket from the shop I bought it from said it did. Have been back to the retailer and looks most likely they will replace it with the new model with HDR after clearing with management tomorrow hopefully.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain

Update turns out after 1 week trying to figure it out I contacted Samsung when I had some time and my model does not support HDR when the ticket from the shop I bought it from said it did. Have been back to the retailer and looks most likely they will replace it with the new model with HDR after clearing with management tomorrow hopefully.

You want HDR10 mate, will make a huge difference if the TV is good. List on this link with the best gaming TV's at the moment.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag
  • TORZADO
    Retro_G wrote: »

You want HDR10 mate, will make a huge difference if the TV is good. List on this link with the best gaming TV's at the moment.

Very useful Thankyou, looks like it may get replaced with a mu8000 with a 8.9 rating but wow look at those LGs
  • Retro_G

Very useful Thankyou, looks like it may get replaced with a mu8000 with a 8.9 rating but wow look at those LGs

No worries, yeah LG is a great gaming TV. I use an LG B7 OLED myself. Samsung is great too, could be worth asking your store if they have the Samsung KS8000/KS7000 in Europe. It's a 2016 model, but voted number 1 gaming TV that year, you could pick it up at a reduced price now, if they store still has some in Stock. It has HDR10. The mu8000 looks like a good gaming TV.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Is ya name Jamie and are you from wales ? :trollface:
  • TORZADO

No worries, yeah LG is a great gaming TV. I use an LG B7 OLED myself. Samsung is great too, could be worth asking your store if they have the Samsung KS8000/KS7000 in Europe. It's a 2016 model, but voted number 1 gaming TV that year, you could pick it up at a reduced price now, if they store still has some in Stock. It has HDR10. The mu8000 looks like a good gaming TV.

Store pretty much only handles latest models they clear out last season stock quickly hence why I bought this one for a deal, will be happy if they go the mu8000 as its the closest TV I have now with HDR
  • Retro_G

Store pretty much only handles latest models they clear out last season stock quickly hence why I bought this one for a deal, will be happy if they go the mu8000 as its the closest TV I have now with HDR

Yeah it's the same with most stores, it's difficult to find an older model. Ah well you can't go wrong with the mu8000.
  • Retro_G
    edited November 2017
    This video might help, best midrange/high-end gaming TV's.

• Azof
    21485 posts Club Captain
    Anyone recommend me a tv just for end of bed. Be used for big picture mode on steam and ps4. Not fussed on 4k