OT Boots

maymanpele
14520 posts Has That Special Something
Haven't seen a thread on the 18 forum about boots, but has anyone tried the Adidas Predator remake?

I don't know how I didn't see them when they were released, but they look a lot better than the release they did about a year ago. I'd love to snag a pair, but I'm sure they are all marked up on eBay now.

FMJ45Cb.png

Comments

• Antparry92
    20874 posts Club Captain
    I'm not overly sold on the remakes tbh. If they wanted to do remakes and keep them limited stock then at least keep them like the originals for nostalgia purposes
  • maymanpele
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    I'm not overly sold on the remakes tbh. If they wanted to do remakes and keep them limited stock then at least keep them like the originals for nostalgia purposes

Yeah I'd love true original remakes, but Adidas really screwed up in 2014 with the 3 remakes. Those were horrendous.

At least this version is made of leather and looks near the original. Plus the Velcro tongue <3

I bit the bullet and bought a pair off of eBay.
  • ThierryTheKing14
    1889 posts Play-Off Hero
    A football boot is a football boot they won't make you play better so I guess a review is pointless. :joy:

But if I had a choice it'd be puma's as they're the most comfortable/feel like a sock/easy to control the ball/not clunky.
  • maymanpele
    A football boot is a football boot they won't make you play better so I guess a review is pointless. :joy:

But if I had a choice it'd be puma's as they're the most comfortable/feel like a sock/easy to control the ball/not clunky.

Ok?

I guess I missed the part where I asked if they made anyone a better player.

And your 2nd part is the type of answer I was looking for if anyone had tried them. I haven't worn Adidas since they stopped using kangaroo leather on the predators, so I don't know what they are like anymore.

But thanks for that helpful comment.
  • Antparry92
    20874 posts Club Captain
    If you like kanga-leather then pick up a pair of the Nike premier 2.0
  • maymanpele
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    If you like kanga-leather then pick up a pair of the Nike premier 2.0

I guess nostalgia has overtaken me.

There was a new pair of original predator manias for under $300, but they were soft ground.
  • Oliver Powell
    3131 posts National Call-Up
    anything other than black and you're soft la'
  • Vflagship
    1205 posts Professional
    those remakes look beautiful to me
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35352 posts World Cup Winner
    I’m waiting for these to be released right now. I check Nikes website daily as they are only releasing like 1250 of them.

llt7siJ.jpg
  • maymanpele wrote: »

Ok?

And your 2nd part is the type of answer I was looking for if anyone had tried them. I haven't worn Adidas since they stopped using kangaroo leather on the predators, so I don't know what they are like anymore.

He literally contradicted himself in the same post. :joy::joy:
  • maymanpele
    I’m waiting for these to be released right now. I check Nikes website daily as they are only releasing like 1250 of them.

llt7siJ.jpg

What's special about them? Don't think I've ever seen them. I currently have these, and they are surprisingly comfortable

3RCDXS1.png
  • maymanpele
    hoban95 wrote: »
    maymanpele wrote: »

Ok?

Never change @WombRaider #JustWombyThings
  • XxRichiexRichxX

llt7siJ.jpg

What's special about them? Don't think I've ever seen them. I currently have these, and they are surprisingly comfortable

3RCDXS1.png

Their new Flyknit Ultra Mercurials. They released 2 colors in September on a limited release, only released 2500 of them. Can currently be found on eBay going $100 above retail.

From what I’m reading they may be doing a wide release next summer during the World Cup because they keep referring to them as World Cup boots.

Those are nice. When I’ve tried them on they are really comfortable, I just can’t get myself to by them because I always resort back to my vapors.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited November 2017

Ok?

Never change @WombRaider #JustWombyThings

Ok?

I’ve missed his guy :joy:
  • maymanpele

llt7siJ.jpg

3RCDXS1.png

Their new Flyknit Ultra Mercurials. They released 2 colors in September on a limited release, only released 2500 of them. Can currently be found on eBay going $100 above retail.

From what I’m reading they may be doing a wide release next summer during the World Cup because they keep referring to them as World Cup boots.

Those are nice. When I’ve tried them on they are really comfortable, I just can’t get myself to by them because I always resort back to my vapors.

I had the vapors when they first came out as the R9 with the silver, blue and gold but had to return them since they sent a size too big. Then I had the 2002 pair for a few weeks, but my foot was just too wide. I still have them, but I doubt they'll sell for much because I changed the insoles and don't have the original set.

Adidas was always great because they stretched. The pair that I love the most are the gunmetal grey and japan blue from the 2002 world cup.
  • MikeyP_FC
    14666 posts Has That Special Something
    Purple Ronaldo
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited November 2017

llt7siJ.jpg

3RCDXS1.png

I had the vapors when they first came out as the R9 with the silver, blue and gold but had to return them since they sent a size too big. Then I had the 2002 pair for a few weeks, but my foot was just too wide. I still have them, but I doubt they'll sell for much because I changed the insoles and don't have the original set.

Adidas was always great because they stretched. The pair that I love the most are the gunmetal grey and japan blue from the 2002 world cup.

I’ve always gone back and forth between Adidas Predators and Vapors throughout the years. The Gen 3 Vapors were by far my favorite boots, I wore the black and gold pair I had until not even tape would hold them together. Predator Pulses were my fav Predators. I’ve had 2 pairs of F50s. And a few Nikes. But after Adidas stopped making F50s/Predators, I stopped wearing their stuff. I probably own a pair or two of every gen of Mercerials except the the first gen.

Those first few Gens of Mercurial Vapors were absolute nightmares to break in. The cup caused so many blisters.
  • maymanpele

llt7siJ.jpg

3RCDXS1.png

I’ve always gone back and forth between Adidas Predators and Vapors throughout the years. The Gen 3 Vapors were by far my favorite boots, I wore the black and gold pair I had until not even tape would hold them together. Predator Pulses were my fav Predators. I’ve had 2 pairs of F50s. And a few Nikes. But after Adidas stopped making F50s/Predators, I stopped wearing their stuff. I probably own a pair or two of every gen of Mercerials except the the first gen.

Those first few Gens of Mercurial Vapors were absolute nightmares to break in. The cup caused so many blisters.
    I still have extra padding on the heels of mine. They tore my feet up.

There was a time I wore the tiempo premier, and those were so comfortable with nothing special about them. I went through boots about every 6 months, as I always wore the toes down since I dragged my feet to stop.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

llt7siJ.jpg

3RCDXS1.png

I still have extra padding on the heels of mine. They tore my feet up.

There was a time I wore the tiempo premier, and those were so comfortable with nothing special about them. I went through boots about every 6 months, as I always wore the toes down since I dragged my feet to stop.

Lmao yeah I went through a faze where I drug my feet before kicking, not good at all for Predators.
  • Carswell
    8566 posts League Winner
    Scored a brace in me predators tonight. :sunglasses:
  • maymanpele
    Carswell wrote: »

Which do you have?
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Puma%20evoSPEED%201.3%20Leather%20Mixed%20SG%20-%20Prism%20VioletFluorescent%20Yellow%2084019_LRG.jpg

These are my training boots, quite comfortable, had no problems breaking them in etc,. And no foot injuries (blisters etc,.) from them.

Adidas%20Copa%2017%202%20Firm%20Ground%20553XOPB%20509.jpg

And these are my matchday boots, haven't had a whole lot of wear because I'll have 6 weeks off with a quad pull and then come back and do it all again :smirk:
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Nah they’re missing the strap which goes underneath the boot
  • maymanpele
    Nah they’re missing the strap which goes underneath the boot

Bro those started with the manias in 2002 bro learn your boots bro
  • Carswell
    8566 posts League Winner

Which do you have?

USA%20Adidas%20Predator%20X%20TRX%20FG%20Cleats%20In%20Black%20Red1%20(6).jpg

Got these back in 2010 iirc, black and red OG pred colors @maymanpele
  • Antparry92
    20874 posts Club Captain
    Puma%20evoSPEED%201.3%20Leather%20Mixed%20SG%20-%20Prism%20VioletFluorescent%20Yellow%2084019_LRG.jpg

These are my training boots, quite comfortable, had no problems breaking them in etc,. And no foot injuries (blisters etc,.) from them.

Adidas%20Copa%2017%202%20Firm%20Ground%20553XOPB%20509.jpg

And these are my matchday boots, haven't had a whole lot of wear because I'll have 6 weeks off with a quad pull and then come back and do it all again :smirk:

I HATE the new copa's! If youre getting copa's just get the real deal haha

I can't talk with boots though, I've got loads of pairs at the moment and they're all old but still in good nick so can't justify getting a new pair.

• Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    Is that the real wombraider?
  • Antparry92
    20874 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2017
    Predator LZ1- lovely boots, was given them off a teammate who wore them once and didn't fancy them

Puma v1.10 (not leather)- got a pair off eBay recently for £30 for nostalgia seeing as I hit 2 seasons on the bounce as league top scorer which had me end up being selected for the Welsh semi pro lot

F50 adizero leather- lightweight boots with the nice leather touch on them. They've seen some game time so are a little scuffed kept them for sentimental reasons as I used them when playing out in Estonia. They're handy for training etc

Magista obra SG- One of my favourite pairs of boots I've ever had the pleasure of wearing. Lovely touch, studs don't dig in and the sock gives extra support on my dodgy ankle. Would probably get another pair but the Nike skin comes away from the sock like material easily which is a bit annoying after say half a season
  • maymanpele

Which do you have?

Nice. I'm pretty sure I picked these up for about $50 at an Adidas outlet around 2011 when I was still in the navy but I never broke them in. They were black with blue highlights. They also had neon yellow I believe.
    Fab wrote: »

Don't the moronic responses give it away? We need detective @Fab back
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain

Which do you have?

Nice. I'm pretty sure I picked these up for about $50 at an Adidas outlet around 2011 when I was still in the navy but I never broke them in. They were black with blue highlights. They also had neon yellow I believe.
    Fab wrote: »

Don't the moronic responses give it away? We need detective @Fab back

Don't know man that's the first time ive seen his new user.