I F'n give up

I have literally tried every single formation this year and while some play good for 2 or 3 games, I can not find a formation that feels right and my team plays consistently well. Part of the issue is the F'n lag in the online games. Wholly crap it is bad. Anyone else having an issue finding a formation that fits your play this year??

Comments

• munchie63
    2972 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used to like playing with wingers but have switched to the infamous 4321

if you (literally) couldnt beat them, join them.

does help with some neat passing round the box and runs from the cam
  • Robmu22
    1388 posts Professional
    There isn't a formation that fits your play mate.

The meta is ptb, Auto defence, counter with 2 or 3 formations.

Don't try and play your way otherwise your already at a huge disadvantage.
  • Robmu22 wrote: »

No, I refuse to ever play PTB or auto defend. I'd rather just quit playing than join the legion of douches out there.
  • Robmu22
    1388 posts Professional
    wwffan99tx wrote: »
    Robmu22 wrote: »

No, I refuse to ever play PTB or auto defend. I'd rather just quit playing than join the legion of douches out there.

I like your style, but unfortunately fifa seem hell bent on making everyone play this way.
  • munchie63 wrote: »
    I used to like playing with wingers but have switched to the infamous 4321

if you (literally) couldnt beat them, join them.

does help with some neat passing round the box and runs from the cam

Yeah, I prefer the wide formations but I just can't get clicking with any for an extended period of time.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    I am playing 433(3). Seen it like once or twice in 250 games. lol
  • Mizenberg
    544 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2017
    I am playing 442 and damn well sticking to it! Results may not always be great, but I just wanna enjoy the game so will play my way.

OP, do you have any formations you like more than others?
  • Kingkay
    1777 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play 4312 normally solid defensively and when attacking your strikers make runs pulling his defenders from your cam
  • tzinc
    1594 posts Play-Off Hero
    it is crazy everything works for a while then stops
  • Razovar
    1579 posts Fans' Favourite
    richo27 wrote: »
    I am playing 433(3). Seen it like once or twice in 250 games. lol

This has been my formation for 2 years, no 433 is working this year
  • Recoba
    4149 posts National Call-Up
    Nothing wrong. The game is broken.
  • Aqeel87
    2834 posts Fans' Favourite
    Recoba wrote: »

Game is not broken system’s been built that way.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017
    Pre-patch : Select your CB to defend

Post-patch : Select your CDM to defend
  • tzinc
    1594 posts Play-Off Hero
    no formation works anymore after a few games you just lose no matter what you do
  • Mizenberg wrote: »
    I am playing 442 and damn well sticking to it! Results may not always be great, but I just wanna enjoy the game so will play my way.

OP, do you have any formations you like more than others?

I like the 41212 Wide and it was working ok but since the last patch it has been trash
  • JIGSAW_10
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect
    tzinc wrote: »
    no formation works anymore after a few games you just lose no matter what you do

In the same boat as you are
  • Mutu10gol
    2589 posts Fans' Favourite

• Robmu22
    1388 posts Professional
    Mutu10gol wrote: »

• Korlezz
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have literally tried every single formation this year and while some play good for 2 or 3 games, I can not find a formation that feels right and my team plays consistently well. Part of the issue is the F'n lag in the online games. Wholly **** it is bad. Anyone else having an issue finding a formation that fits your play this year??

I struggled i used to like 433(2) and this fifa i liked 41212 with lm rm i like to play wide cut in ect ect i heard people talking about 352 so i thought id try it at first i lost most games but once you learn player positions how the formation works its a cracking formation,now some games when i attack i seem to have so many options who and were to pass to but also defensively seems pretty good as long as you dont drag you back three forward.
  • BecksRightPeg
    693 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Qualified for my first WL in 18. Regretting it now, every game has been a struggle. 10+ shots per game, all blocked or magical clearances/ auto tackles from defenders that come out of nowhere. And then get countered and its a goal.
  • Korlezz
    Qualified for my first WL in 18. Regretting it now, every game has been a struggle. 10+ shots per game, all blocked or magical clearances/ auto tackles from defenders that come out of nowhere. And then get countered and its a goal.

First time ive bothered to try i got in and ive played 5 games ive won 2 but its a horrible mode not worth it just do few squad battles for few packs on a monday and seasons.
  • Batman442
    3822 posts National Call-Up
    Play what you enjoy playing, it's a game not a life or death situation
  • GMaZ23
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’m in the same situation bro I feel you
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special

auto defend fifa17/18 is the end of this game, but this is a method to playing children and earn money for EA ;)
  • Enigma8784
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    Korlezz wrote: »
    I have literally tried every single formation this year and while some play good for 2 or 3 games, I can not find a formation that feels right and my team plays consistently well. Part of the issue is the F'n lag in the online games. Wholly **** it is bad. Anyone else having an issue finding a formation that fits your play this year??

I struggled i used to like 433(2) and this fifa i liked 41212 with lm rm i like to play wide cut in ect ect i heard people talking about 352 so i thought id try it at first i lost most games but once you learn player positions how the formation works its a cracking formation,now some games when i attack i seem to have so many options who and were to pass to but also defensively seems pretty good as long as you dont drag you back three forward.

I agree with the above really struggled finding a formation used 4312 most of 17 but packed some good wingers this year Willian, IF Sterling and Martial and now bought Sane for a potential potm and have gone to 352. Once your used to it it is very fun. You struggle against a 433 due to width but narrow formations play straight into 2 cdm and 3 cb so is great. You do need some wingers with h or at least m defensive workrates though as they need to get involved. Worst case you can outscore your opponent!
  • Enigma8784 wrote: »
    Korlezz wrote: »

I agree with the above really struggled finding a formation used 4312 most of 17 but packed some good wingers this year Willian, IF Sterling and Martial and now bought Sane for a potential potm and have gone to 352. Once your used to it it is very fun. You struggle against a 433 due to width but narrow formations play straight into 2 cdm and 3 cb so is great. You do need some wingers with h or at least m defensive workrates though as they need to get involved. Worst case you can outscore your opponent!

I guess I'll give this one a go again. Nothing else is working. Any tips on CT's?
  • Robmu22
    1388 posts Professional
    Vitto7 wrote: »

auto defend fifa17/18 is the end of this game, but this is a method to playing children and earn money for EA ;)

Yep, each year EA seem hell bent on narrowing the skill gap. it's s No surprise that 90% absolutely hate playing th is game.
  • Ok, tried 352 for 3 games so far

Game 1 (No lag) W 3-0 Rage Quit 12'
    Game 2 (No lag) W 3-0 Rage Quit 24'
    Game 3 (Major Lag) W 4-2 Full Time. Went down 2-0 first 12 minutes but came back to win.

This formation is fun to play. May stick with it for a while.
  • Korlezz
    Yeah its good mate obviously highs and lows coz you will meet a better player you cant do nothing about but i was just like you switching all the time couldnt settle till i tried and stuck with it congrats wins it is a fun formation.
  • madstoog
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    auto defending is just a complete joke, back to 17 again playing a person in attack and the cpu in defence.