quick BPL TOTS review (by a very average player)

Galaynn
375 posts Sunday League Hero
So, as per the title, I am pretty average at this game, notwithstanding I play FUT since 2010, and thought that a quick review by someone like me could help all the other "so and so" players on this forum (I know you fellows are there, don't be shy and don't be bothered by your lousy W/L record, you are not alone!).

I have tried 12 BPL TOTS (Hazard, Sanchez, Costa, Fabregas, Bolasie, Terry, Fonte, Matic, Azpilicueta, Henderson, Clyne, Kane), and for the purposes of this review I have divided them into 3 categories.

(1) Definitively worth their price tag

Sanchez: this little guy is amazing. It does what it says on the thin: quick, great ball control, the hell of a shot, fantastic dribbling, very good passing. And he is not weak at all. I played him both RW in a 433(3) and as S.T in a 41212 and a 442(2): he played very well in both roles, I somehow prefer him at S.T. A real game changer.

Bolasie: this guy is so much fun. Even if you are not a skilled skiller, and even if you only skill randomly and occasionally (as I pretty much do), it is so easy to pull skills with this guy that you will soon start Ronaldinhing around the fiels like crazy (well, sort of). His dribbling and close ball control is exceptional, and he seems to get involved a lot (played bot as LW and LM). Only slight issue ... he misses a lot of goal opportunities. His finishing is bad, I mean, REALLY bad. But you won't care, because he is pure fun to use. And for that price, it is a steal. Try him at all costs.

Clyne: best RB I have used this year. Quick, strong (well, for an RB), great tackling, good passing, he owns the right flank. Great both defensively and in attack.

Matic: you will not find a better defensive midfielder for that price (or for any price I should say). And he scores quite a lot too. Very, very solid.

Terry: I packed him, otherwise I would have not dared using a CB that slow. Well, I was wrong: if you pair him with a quick CB (like eg Koscielny, whatever his spelling is, or, if you fancy spending, IF Kouyate) and play with low team pressure, he is a rock. Don't even bother chasing Sturridge/Doumbia/Ibarbo etc with him of course, leave this task to the other CB (he will be beat anyway).

(2) Not really worth their price tag but hey, they are blue! And okish

Fabregas: mmmmh, I expected a bit more from Cesc. Yes, great passing, and in a CAM position he also scored some nice goals (and hit the wood/the bar for fun). Great free kicks. But he is not that special, he is quite weak on the ball and, well, generally you do not feel he owns the midfield. The price is good though, so he is one of those worth considering if you have coins to splash and love blue cards.

Azpilicueta: not a big let down, he is good. But nothing special, Clyne was way better for me.

Henderson: good all around midfielder, nothing exciting: he does everything fine, but does not excel.

(3) Not worth their price tag. Really, totally not worth it. Even if they are blue. Stay clear.

Hazard: I know this will be controversial. Yes he is good, don't get me wrong, but the difference from the NIF is really negligible IMO. While with Sanchez there is a very significant upgrade, and he is totally a different player from his NIF, I did not have the same feeling with Hazard.

Costa: Similar to Hazard, even worst. Good player, but I did not feel he was better than the NIF. Don't get me wrong, surely he MUST be better than the NIF with those stats, but in the 30 or so games I played with him (both as sole S.T and paired with Sanchez and, occasionally, Kane) I did not "feel" that difference.

Fonte: I ma hesitant in putting this guy here, because he is decent and I have not used him much (8 games only; as mentioned, I really liked Terry a lot but felt the need to pair him with a quick CB, which Fonte is definitively not). So, if you need a Portuguese CB or you want a blue in your BPL team but do not want to use Terry, he might be a good choice.

Kane: did not use him much (10/12 games), he did score a couple of nice goals, but he is really nothing special. Not a great dribbling, he does not made great runs, a bit "heavy" when turning, and he does not seem to get involved a lot.

Hope this helps.

Comments

• Malarkey16
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bolasie is the best player on the game. I packed Costa and Kane, think Costa is great, he puts everything away. Surprised by your review of Kane, he's been quality so far.
  • leon1309
    4218 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2015
    The problem with Costa and Hazard is they have brilliant NIFs for a fraction of their TOTS price...they are good, but so are their NIF...so i would have too agree on the assesment (and i bought, tried and then sold both, was lucky to get them both cheap so i did not take a loss)...

TOTS Matič is 70k max on PC at the moment and for this price he is a steal...
    Post edited by leon1309 on
  • Toshev
    1240 posts Professional
    I used

Matic - Great player overpayed a lot but still i am happy with him. To be honest I will probably switch him with some other H/H CDM when Seria A comes because even thou he is M/H he still joins the attack and he is not very good in that phase of the game.

Aguero - Played 2 games with him 5 goals. Felt quick/fast and storng. 2 millions easily

Sanchez - Another great player too bad his WF is 3. fast and strong

Bolasie - Best value in BPL tots. Played 30 games scored 30 goals .. Very strong and tall

Azpiculeta - Poor mans Marcelo. Decen speed but thats about it

Clyne - Imrpoved walker - much better dribbler..
  • Galaynn
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Toshev wrote: »
    I used

Matic - Great player overpayed a lot but still i am happy with him. To be honest I will probably switch him with some other H/H CDM when Seria A comes because even thou he is M/H he still joins the attack and he is not very good in that phase of the game.

Aguero - Played 2 games with him 5 goals. Felt quick/fast and storng. 2 millions easily

Sanchez - Another great player too bad his WF is 3. fast and strong

Bolasie - Best value in BPL tots. Played 30 games scored 30 goals .. Very strong and tall

Azpiculeta - Poor mans Marcelo. Decen speed but thats about it

Clyne - Imrpoved walker - much better dribbler..

Bought Aguero yesterday night but have not tried him yet - I'd be happy if he were as good as (or even close to) Sanchez!