BUTTON LAG IS ANNOYING ! ! !

Gunin
278 posts Sunday League Hero
FIX THIS EA !

I started off a game fine I push the button the things happen. second half of the second half. and all of a sudden i'm hitting lb on defense 4 -5 times to switch players. Then sometimes I switch players and it will switch players again ?! So i'm guarding the ball and then i'm not guarding the ball . This wasn't happening before the last patch . WTF EA do you know how bad this is ? Not to mention I sometimes have to hit pass more than once for it to register also ! How is this playable. The same thing would happen in fifa 17 did you guys just sell us fifa 17 again ? I bought 6 controllers in the life of fifa 17 !!!! SIX !!!!!! that's one every 2 MONTHS . I thought i was breaking controllers that's how frustrating the game play is. Even though the same controllers would work fine in all the other games I played. Somehow it had to be the controller cause there is no way EA would sell me a game that was that crap ? Right ? WRONG ! do you guys test the game with a controller or you just keyboard jockeying over there ? WTF is the deal ? !

p.s.
Your customer service , tech support, phone people suck !

Comments

• Sumanth
    84 posts Park Captain
    I have the same issue on PC ...I kept thinking there is some problem with my pc...but there are many people who are facing a similar issue ...game starts fine , and then game gets sluggish ...player movement feels laggy and heavy ...feels like game has slowed down ...this happens in the second half ...this has been happening after the latest patch ...
  • EmeraldArchon
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't think it's possible to guard the ball in this game the CPU grows a 10 foot leg and wraps around your body to get to the ball or they just push u over

There is even button lag in the menus lol
  • Yarmolenko90
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    same issue here!
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    same issue here for me and ALL my friends... some friends sell fifa because is impossibile to play...
  • Yarmolenko90
    im done with it too... tried to play an offline match... same issue...
  • Gunin
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    It literally kills the game. It's the worst experience i've ever had in any video game and i've been playing video games for a Loooooong time lol . It's something that is so vital that I can't believe it wasn't tested and caught. It's definitely worse since the last patch . FIX IT EA!
  • Yarmolenko90
    @EA what about at least a bit of feedback here?!
  • I have had the same issue with fifa 17. A small delay in fifa 18, especially with the new annoying defensive engine, and the ridiculously precise pasding (not in a good way) results in a goal. Better fix the defensive engine and the passing while you are fixing this issue EA...
  • marcello_rj
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2017
    The CPU cheats! Not only the button delay, but in every way possible. I lost the count of how many times i had my passes redirected, tried inside and it goes out side f/ex, the overpowered shoulder barge, and other issues. Next patch should be one to stop CPU from cheating. And yes, not to mention this terrible defensive engine, not everyone has the superreflexes needed to beat the superstrikers in this game
  • marcello_rj
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I don't think it's possible to guard the ball in this game the CPU grows a 10 foot leg and wraps around your body to get to the ball or they just push u over

There is even button lag in the menus lol

Good to know I'm not the only to notice this
  • Yarmolenko90
    EA i want my money back! I really hestitated to buy the game. Played it at a friend´s house and thought "well okay this year´s fifa is really better than last year i´m gonna buy it" so far so good. tweo weeks of pure fun followed. then patch 1.04, input lag as ****, sluggish gameplay like all the years before, this is not what i paid for EA!
  • Tom0307
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The most annoying button lag aside from in game is in the menu! I know what I'm doing in menus so I fly through what I'm trying to do in most games, but Fifa every year seems to require two button presses sometimes to register a command, it's absolutely mental.
  • Guys, they won't fix it end of the story! We have to wait for a new patch! It is disgusting patch. It ruining the game for me!
  • Well in UT I accidentally listed Pique on the transfer market for the minimum bid price n buy now price because of button lag. I JUST WANTED TO COMPARE PRICE
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    There is definitely button lag... But more so when defending. It takes a long while for tackles to register sometimes. However I do remember a developer interview where one said that you now had to charge up tackles... Is this true? If so then maybe I'm just doing it wrong
  • MillsOnWheels
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You get days when the gameplay is smooth and days when there is so much button delay it is unplayable. Today has been one of those unplayable days for me.

Thing is this has been happening for years. It's only really since the addition of FUT champs that there has been more complaining about this, but like i said its been a problem for years and won't be solved even if it can.
  • PPerfect_CJ
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Heck, there's even button lag in the MENUS. I can't tell you how many times I've had to back out of a screen and try again because the stupid button didn't work when I pushed it. Smh!
  • HowdyDudey
    67 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy speak to your customers !!!!!!!
  • HowdyDudey
    67 posts Park Captain
    HowdyDudey wrote: »
    @EA_Andy speak to your customers !!!!!!!

• CarlAFC88
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I think it's the same with everyone me my m8 both have the same issue on PS4 phoned EA about it they just blame bad connection and the gamers signal but I don't have that problem with other games online just FIFA