Prime Hernández Price a Joke- Here’s Why

SwankyStyle
875 posts Semi-Pro
edited November 2017
Everyone’s favorite OP Jesus is the simple reason why EA is loony to require an icon to get prime Hernández. I get it if Hernández is favorite player of yours, but look at the numbers and judge for yourself.

172_E0_A0_B_E26_C_4_D4_B_ABD9_A7601_F47_D5_BC.png A0126422_D8_EE_4_D56_8332_65_FCED037_E5_E.png

Many of the rating points difference between the two cards are minimal and you’ll see a big spike in Hernández defensive stats which don’t matter but spike his cards rating.

Comments

  • OZero
    5185 posts Big Money Move
    All three icon prices released last night are a joke. Tell me why would someone spend 1.1M coins for that Petit unless he is an idiot?

    The requirement and the reward is so ridiculous that someone in EA should get fired for wasting everyone's time.
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1306 posts Play-Off Hero
    Defending stat for strikers only comes down heading ability I believe. Higher it is better in the air they are.

    But yeah i rather have Higuain for 80k than that guy
  • pudgyfudgy
    5536 posts Big Money Move
    Face value of stats aren't everything, but I do have to agree that the fact that we need to trade-in an Icon is just ridiculous. It immediately places a 500k minimum cost to do it, with a whopping SEVEN more SBCs still to go. Henry or Ronaldinho or R9, or even Matthaus, Bergkamp, sure. But Hernandez... jeez.
  • anscotti
    352 posts Sunday League Hero
    Defending stat for strikers only comes down heading ability I believe. Higher it is better in the air they are.

    But yeah i rather have Higuain for 80k than that guy


    Not if you're Stindl ;)

  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    People were already paying 700k+ for the 85/87 OVR versions of him on the market. That is the only crazy thing.

    Knowing that, the price of his SBC is fairly reasonable from EA.
  • HysxteriA
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Aha, genuinely you're comparing his stats to base cards and IF's. I'm sorry but icons are on a whole new level to base cards. The only comparable cards I've used are Suarez and Bale and even then it's not much on icons. Can't speak for ronaldo and Messi. Stats don't mean ****. Bergkamp's 87 doesn't look all that 'wow' but he absolutely demolished Suarez and any other striker I've used for that matter.
  • CfcBlue
    3808 posts National Call-Up
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Aha, genuinely you're comparing his stats to base cards and IF's. I'm sorry but icons are on a whole new level to base cards. The only comparable cards I've used are Suarez and Bale and even then it's not much on icons. Can't speak for ronaldo and Messi. Stats don't mean ****. Bergkamp's 87 doesn't look all that 'wow' but he absolutely demolished Suarez and any other striker I've used for that matter.

    I don’t agree. Suarez demolished 87 crespo.
  • HysxteriA
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    CfcBlue wrote: »
    HysxteriA wrote: »
    Aha, genuinely you're comparing his stats to base cards and IF's. I'm sorry but icons are on a whole new level to base cards. The only comparable cards I've used are Suarez and Bale and even then it's not much on icons. Can't speak for ronaldo and Messi. Stats don't mean ****. Bergkamp's 87 doesn't look all that 'wow' but he absolutely demolished Suarez and any other striker I've used for that matter.

    I don’t agree. Suarez demolished 87 crespo.

    Crespo is good but I've used better icons than Crespo I think he's the most overhyped of the bunch. But regardless for me I didn't think Suarez was all that, I mean obviously he is good he is 92 rated but didn't impress me too much. Lewandowski worked for me a million times better even though I didn't want him too, he's hard to hybrid.
  • HH_Zorillo
    478 posts Sunday League Hero
    High level Icon players in game simply just play better than any Gold player with an exception of an obvious handful. The stats may not tell it but there is a noticeable level of play when using an icon.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    Crazy price, although I do think icons play better for some reason based on the few have used.

    I did Overmars and his off the ball movement is the best of any player have seen.
  • Kingkay
    1777 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only good thing about icons is hey are easy to make hybrids with
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    To me mid tier icons are always going to be good but never worth 700k.

  • CR7BRUH
    3878 posts National Call-Up
    Stkyfngz wrote: »
    To me mid tier icons are always going to be good but never worth 700k.

Sign In or Register to comment.