How EA can stop formation switches at start of games

G000ner
4883 posts National Call-Up
edited November 2017
Obviously they can't get rid of the formation switches as this is part of the real game and makes fifa more tactical. What they should do, and I have no idea why they haven't implemented this already, is to give players the chemistry that they would have had if they started in that position. So if you're switching formation and playing Dembele at CAM, then he should have 2/3 chem. If he's playing at LW then he should have 6 chem. It's the obvious solution and it would stop formation switches at the start because it would give them the same chemistry as starting them there. It's stupid that a player like Dembele, who's played exclusively as a winger throughout his career, can get 10 chem at CAM or Striker.

I don't mind so much Messi at CAM, since he can play there. This can be corrected by adding secondary/preffered positions in ultimate team. Where he can play as either a CAM or RW and still have the same chemistry.

Position modifiers to be scrapped

Comments

• Nimmer
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA don't exactly have the best track record for programming Chemistry properly. Adding in secondary positions might be beyond them. I'd certainly be suspicious if players are getting the correct chemistry.
  • KUIKUI
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    You are right, I Agree with you.
  • Zdarlightt
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why does it even bother people that much?
  • Unparalleled
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Zdarlightt wrote: »

Because it's cheating the Chemistry & position system.They might as well get rid of the Chemistry system and Position in general if you can just pause and alter everything with no consequences.
  • Nimmer
    444 posts Sunday League Hero

I find it mildly annoying that just as the action is about to start someone pauses the game. In an ideal world this wouldn't happen, but there are much much bigger issues than this.
  • Ovo23
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2017

Because it's cheating the Chemistry & position system.They might as well get rid of the Chemistry system and Position in general if you can just pause and alter everything with no consequences.

how is it cheating when every single human being playing fifa is able to do the same ???
    Cheating is when one person would be able to do something and the other one is not !!!
  • Lamboo
    48 posts Park Captain
    You do realize that switching a formation changes almost all your guys into another position leading to losing chemistry for the majority of your team?

There are consequences. You lose subs you can use 70th minute. Subs don’t sub in as 10 chem.

It’s soccer bud. The starting formation in soccer is not necessarily what the team is actually playing.

• Mosaaab
    66 posts Park Captain

how is it cheating when every single human being playing fifa is able to do the same ???
    Cheating is when one person would be able to do something and the other one is not !!![/quote]

you are funny .. it is cheating the system .. so what is the point from creating a solid squad with all players in the right place if you just can pause the game and put MUSA in from no where.
  • Zdarlightt
    280 posts Sunday League Hero

That's not really correct, is it? Those that do formation switching are still limited in using certain players on certain positions? It's not like they can play with Ronaldo, Son and Martial all on 10 chem for example?
  • Shutup
    2318 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lamboo wrote: »
    You do realize that switching a formation changes almost all your guys into another position leading to losing chemistry for the majority of your team?

There are consequences. You lose subs you can use 70th minute. Subs don’t sub in as 10 chem.

It’s soccer bud. The starting formation in soccer is not necessarily what the team is actually playing.

Football pal
  • OMG ITZ K3V
    88 posts Park Captain

Changing formation does not cause any loss of chemistry. Substitutes come in on 6.25, now if this is scaled down or not I don't know but changing formation causes no penalty.
  • SteveG
    1587 posts Play-Off Hero

That's not really correct, is it? Those that do formation switching are still limited in using certain players on certain positions? It's not like they can play with Ronaldo, Son and Martial all on 10 chem for example?

I never done this until this year.

My 90 rated Henry says hes a LF, my 92 rated ADP says hes a striker, if I swap the two of them over once the game starts I keep them 10 chem and both have a higher in game rating. For example ADP basic is 88 in game at striker but 92 in game at LF
  • Toontink
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't see the issue at all personally I don't change at the start of the game but I often change if I need to protect a lead or score. You just sound mad tbh
  • Purplejacket
    3599 posts National Call-Up
    Shutup wrote: »

Football pal

❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Give people a way to change formation without pausing (like a couple “quick team sheets” similar to quick subs). Then honestly I don’t care at all whether you adjust the chemistry or not. Maybe just knock team chem down by 20 when playing in any other formation/configuration than the starting.

I still remember at the height of Chemgate when TOTS Layun was like 400K because he was amazing at every position. Who cares? It was fun.
  • Denisianes
    8152 posts League Winner
    Ovo23 wrote: »

Cheating is when one person would be able to do something and the other one is not !!!

Nice logicz. I guess that's why cheating on PC is allowed. Everyone can get a trainer/hack and use it, so it's cool. You should work for EA. @EA_Andy hire this man!
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shutup wrote: »

Football pal

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Mind your language or I will have you banned
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional

Every single person could look to exploit the no loss glitches in this game and the previous one. Same principle as those that exploit the chemistry system by the lame formation changes/insta-subs.

Would I be cheating If I force DC'd you?

EA removed this time last year the ability to have custom formations because the try-hards abused that (playing 8 defenders around the box). It's about time they fixed this too.
  • Inputdelay
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2017

I think you'll find it's football bud

Also your post is wrong, a switch of formation in game without substitutions keeps every player on 10 chem regardless of position.
  • Danbailey_032
    245 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its boring and using a loop hole but thb i dont care i dont change mine and are greenlines that important
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's really EAs fault. Chemistry hasn't progressed as it should. Make it more interesting.one aspect, the more assists to another player, the better their chem gets. Add stuff like this. More shut outs, more chem cbs and gks get. Even I can do a better job.
  • Barslund
    4651 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2017

Damn... nvm... read Messi not Martial...
  • Ovo23
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Denisianes wrote: »

Nice logicz. I guess that's why cheating on PC is allowed. Everyone can get a trainer/hack and use it, so it's cool. You should work for EA. @EA_Andy hire this man!

Obviously u are not smart enough to figure out the difference between cheating and abusing

When ea finds out u doing incorrect matters on pc u get banned.. now tell me u get banned for changing formations ingame
  • jakobpedro
    789 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2017
    I find it really annoying, but it's not cheating. So much for getting everyone on full chemistry and in the right position, when you can just switch it around when the game starts.

You can't change formation in draft and EA could easily have done the same for all other modes in UT.
  • G000ner

It doesn't bother me that much, but it's still something that shouldn't be in the game. You shouldn't be able to play players out of position on full chemistry. Anyone who does, isn't cheating, but is knowingly abusing the chemistry system
  • BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This thread is embarrassing, someone changes formation and you get slapped around like a chump and the only reason you think you lost is because he changed formation...kk
  • Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    It’s not really cheating it’s just so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ annoying especially when some idiots need 2 full pauses before a game even starts to sort their team
    U basically telling other player your a complete ball bag even before the game starts
  • G000ner
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    This thread is embarrassing, someone changes formation and you get slapped around like a chump and the only reason you think you lost is because he changed formation...kk

Where has anyone said that? I simply think it should be changed because it makes chemistry meaningless. I usually play better against formation switchers tbh, let's me know they're a try hard before the game, so gives me extra motivation to win. Expect I have a better win ratio against formation switchers than against regular players in fut champions. Has this thread effected you personally?
  • Korlezz
    686 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Real life teams not preforming manager switches formation brings on another playerwhy cant it be in a football game that’s supposed to be realistic, i dont do it by the way i use 352 all the time

Come on guys stop moaning or stop playing lol
  • G000ner
    Korlezz wrote: »
    Real life teams not preforming manager switches formation brings on another playerwhy cant it be in a football game that’s supposed to be realistic, i dont do it by the way i use 352 all the time

Come on guys stop moaning or stop playing lol

That's not the issue. The issue is that they get full chemistry if they're playing in an unnatural position, meaning people can play wingers at striker/cam etc