Players not attacking

SStubbs88
202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I've played 4-3-1-2 mostly and have just started playing 4-2-3-1 but what I have noticed for both is my players don't attack in numbers.

I usually go attacking straight away in game but regularly have my CAM Gomez ending up behind my CDM Matuidi whether I'm attacking or defending. I even have my CAMs set to stay forward but that doesn't seem to make a difference. So now I have no chance of counter attacking as I usually have Higuaín at around the half way line who has to hold the ball up for ages in which time their defenders get back into position.

I even went ultra attacking in my last game and that seemed to make no difference.

Is there any other way of telling players to stay forward than player instruction?

Comments

• CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    It‘s one sided delay. You are dealing with connection issues and no one knows where they are coming from.
  • BigKram
    757 posts Semi-Pro
    It‘s one sided delay. You are dealing with connection issues and no one knows where they are coming from.

What has that got to do with delay?
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Your players lose sense of room and time. Hence why your opponents defenders are already glued to your attackers when passing the ball and yours leave a 5m space on defense. With this delay and in the situation the OP is finding himself you don’t have a midfield at all. They don’t track back to defend and you are only attacking with 2/3 players at most. They will just rest no matter if you put them on „get forward“ „stay forward“ or adjust your CT.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    BigKram wrote: »

If you don't why something is happening then the rules of the forums say "9.3b Never admit to ignorance or being wrong. Cite one "sided delay" instead and retain an aura of knowledge." :tongue:
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    snoikdonk wrote: »

If you don't why something is happening then the rules of the forums say "9.3b Never admit to ignorance or being wrong. Cite one "sided delay" instead and retain an aura of knowledge." :tongue:
    I gave an explanation for this and if YOU have no idea what I‘m talking about and have never experienced it, then it‘s YOU who should ignore it, especially when you have no solution for it.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2017

I gave an explanation for this and if YOU have no idea what I‘m talking about and have never experienced it, then it‘s YOU who should ignore it, especially when you have no solution for it.

Calm down. it was just a bit of humour! If you take a moment to look at the details you'll realise we posted at the same time so I couldn't have read your explanation when I posted, as it wasn't there.

Edit: I've read it now and it sounds credible. How do you back this up?
  • BiigDee
    4441 posts National Call-Up
    This happens far to much in the game and I never knew what it was, I've rage sold a lot of players due to this. When it happens just try your best to slow down and be patient. You will prob find passing will be way off to. Now I just turn it off and play later. It will change back. What gets me is even with full green bars my game still lags, yet 2 red bars can be lag free??
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner

Calm down. it was just a bit of humour! If you take a moment to look at the details you'll realise we posted at the same time so I couldn't have read your explanation when I posted, as it wasn't there.

All good, sounded a bit harsh, sorry.

The problem is that I can’t back this up because no one knows the reason for this and EA hasn’t released a statement for over a year now.

I can only state the fact that I played every WL for 6 months last year and every WL this year and in a high % of games I had to deal with this.

This usually goes hand in hand with your players feeling sluggish, your tackle button not working at all, even your way bigger players losing heading duels in midfield, your AI players not tracking runs and acting like they don’t care about the game at all. You are at a clear disadvantage when this happens, because this doesn’t occur to your opponent. Even the worst of the worst players will immediately press you when you receive the ball(your only option is to ping pong pass it, because you are a tackled within a heartbeat) and will shadow you on defense like they are going 40/40 every weekend. Now imagine only attacking with 2/3 players...it’s the most frustrating experience you can have in FIFA and it’s only getting more frustrating to not hear a statement from EA.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero

All good, sounded a bit harsh, sorry.

The problem is that I can’t back this up because no one knows the reason for this and EA hasn’t released a statement for over a year now.

I can only state the fact that I played every WL for 6 months last year and every WL this year and in a high % of games I had to deal with this.

This usually goes hand in hand with your players feeling sluggish, your tackle button not working at all, even your way bigger players losing heading duels in midfield, your AI players not tracking runs and acting like they don’t care about the game at all. You are at a clear disadvantage when this happens, because this doesn’t occur to your opponent. Even the worst of the worst players will immediately press you when you receive the ball(your only option is to ping pong pass it, because you are a tackled within a heartbeat) and will shadow you on defense like they are going 40/40 every weekend. Now imagine only attacking with 2/3 players...it’s the most frustrating experience you can have in FIFA and it’s only getting more frustrating to not hear a statement from EA.

I apologise too. I was a bit sarcy.

This all makes good sense to me and would explain why my players find themselves in no man's land a lot of the time. At least with "normal" lag you could see the whole game grind to a halt with your players juddering and teleporting. I assume as the lag is now "smoothed out" it becomes more difficult to identify as your players are only a fraction behind the game but that small amount means you have no chance. To be cynical, it would seem like EA introduced this "fix" to make the game look better, not to help the person playing it. It'll certainly save me a lot time fiddling around with CTs to try to make my teams play. Thanx.
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    edited November 2017
    Another thing I also realized when you have that delay: you D-Pad a preset tactic like High Pressure and then check team management in the pause menu, it won’t be logged in as high pressure. I checked this with smooth gameplay and you could see the checkmark on it. I often got frustrated when trailing and instructed my players to press high and go ultra attacking but they refused to do so. I then realized those quick tactics aren’t working at all with delay, at least not if you select them via D-Pad, no matter if you go on All out attack or park the bus. I’m really wondering how this can be associated with delay...

Just to clarify: I never get speed up lag, teleporting and I‘ve been disconnected less than 5 times in more than 3000 games in 17/18. It is „invisible“ delay, it just feels like the opponent sees a whole different gameplay on his monitor and you the gameplay that occurs for you is behind a bit. Hard to explain, but I think you get the idea.
  • balErik
    945 posts Professional
    Try to set the passing tactic number higher in chance creation. I think I use 75 on that formation, I have shooting at 75 too and crossing at 100.
  • Rizzywizzy6786
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I dont think lag is the issue here. At the end of the day, its possible to only control 1 player at a time so even with CT, the other 10 players will do as they please. I get the opposite problem to the OP, lost count how many times my cb makes nonstop runs inbetween the opposition cb's ( i never use L1 X to pass from def). The only thing u can do is laugh. I play the absolute minimum games as possible, once i hit my target for SB nd WL, i dont touch UT gameplay.

If u want fun realistic gameplay, my advice would be to play pro clubs or more specifically join a vpga league
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    I dont think lag is the issue here. At the end of the day, its possible to only control 1 player at a time so even with CT, the other 10 players will do as they please. I get the opposite problem to the OP, lost count how many times my cb makes nonstop runs inbetween the opposition cb's ( i never use L1 X to pass from def). The only thing u can do is laugh. I play the absolute minimum games as possible, once i hit my target for SB nd WL, i dont touch UT gameplay.

If u want fun realistic gameplay, my advice would be to play pro clubs or more specifically join a vpga league

I think your problem may be more to do with your CTs than anything else. Do you have your Chance Creation Passing set to something high? I quote from Reddit:

"A lot of people think “risky passing = lots of chances = lots of goals”, but this is FAR from always the case. For example when your opponent parks the bus, risky passing is far less effective. Furthermore, risky passing drags your players out of position (CDMs bombing forward!), makes you more susceptible to counter attacks and depletes your passing options very quickly (players try to get in behind you opponent, even if the space he's diving into is covered). On the other hand, when playing against high pressure, it can be very effective because of the space you can exploit."

That said, in 17 I noticed my TOTS Chiellini acting as ST in a 41212(2) at times. For no reason he would literally sprint from his LCB position to the LST spot. It didn't happen all the time and I didn't change any settings so I have no real idea what was going with that. The same has happened only once in 18 so far.

@CuteIsWhatIAim4 I don't use the dpad tactics at all as they over ride my CTs but did change to Counter by mistake. I paused the game (which I hate doing) to change them back asap but the check was still on my CTs. I've only done this the once so can't whether it's a "thing" or not.
  • Bvegas
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    Another thing I also realized when you have that delay: you D-Pad a preset tactic like High Pressure and then check team management in the pause menu, it won’t be logged in as high pressure. I checked this with smooth gameplay and you could see the checkmark on it. I often got frustrated when trailing and instructed my players to press high and go ultra attacking but they refused to do so. I then realized those quick tactics aren’t working at all with delay, at least not if you select them via D-Pad, no matter if you go on All out attack or park the bus. I’m really wondering how this can be associated with delay...

Just to clarify: I never get speed up lag, teleporting and I‘ve been disconnected less than 5 times in more than 3000 games in 17/18. It is „invisible“ delay, it just feels like the opponent sees a whole different gameplay on his monitor and you the gameplay that occurs for you is behind a bit. Hard to explain, but I think you get the idea.

Yup, my experience all year in 99% of my games

Everything you’ve said about delay and player malaise is my total 17 and 18 experience

I’ve noticed the D pad quick tactics not working recently as well, and they are not working in SB for me either. I play very close to default CT so I like to change to the presets in game for high pressure or possession or counter attack as needed but they are not being applied. Need to go into the Team Managemt pause menu to actually get them to change

Dunno what EA is doing but I have no incentive to buy 19 after two years of this
  • DKCena
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    I made a thread about almost same topic yesterday:
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/6100488#Comment_6100488

All the gameplay problems is due to one sided delay imo and from my own experience.