Sell everything for NIF Messi?

DrWorm
522 posts An Exciting Prospect
Is he worth spending everything on and having a bare bones team around him? I tried his loaner card at the start of the season and he was rather amazing, but that was pre-patch. I was planning on spending most of my coins for TOTS Tevez, but now thinking Messi is might be the better experience. Any thoughts?

Comments

• SlimShady
    795 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes, Worth it.
    Most fun player in the game, imo. use him at 2 strikers form or at CAM
  • DrWorm
    SlimShady wrote: »
    Yes, Worth it.

What about CF? I was thinking 4411 with him
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not as good as pre-patch but still amazing player , has something special , you will have more fun making something like a " road to glory " with him than playing with average players
  • SlimShady
    edited June 2015
    DrWorm wrote: »
    Yes, Worth it.

What about CF? I was thinking 4411 with him

Good to. Or false 9. If you use 2 strikers form, use him at st.
  • DrWorm
    Thanks, guys. I think I am going to do it. I haven't used 2 striker formation all year, maybe I will kick a few around while I wait for some things to sell.
  • KING_FIFA_BEAST
    46 posts Park Captain
    Yes, he is worth it. Buy Messi and save up and put Suarez next to him.
  • DadBod
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    I have the same dilemna.. Buy ronaldo or messi to partner with my favorite player zlatan.. I am still unsure who will be more fun, messi or ronaldo
  • SlimShady
    MEssi is more fun. when you learn playing with him, you see..
  • DadBod

Yeah I played 3 games with him last night with the loan card feature. I managed to get 3 assists in 3 games with no goals :(

I need to learn how to use him
  • SlimShady

Yeah I played 3 games with him last night with the loan card feature. I managed to get 3 assists in 3 games with no goals :(

you maybe adapted a players like ibra, strong.. and maybe this is your difficult with messi.
  • DadBod

you maybe adapted a players like ibra, strong.. and maybe this is your difficult with messi.

Exactly! I was trying to hold the ball with Messi but he was swarmed by my opponent.. I need to learn how to use his pace and dribbling to create.. That's why I am thinking if Ronaldo is more suited for me
  • SlimShady
    edited June 2015

Exactly! I was trying to hold the ball with Messi but he was swarmed by my opponent.. I need to learn how to use his pace and dribbling to create.. That's why I am thinking if Ronaldo is more suited for me
    if you play more with players like ibra, maybe better choice Ronaldo.
    you play on PS ? i not know if players like messi or Ronaldo sell easy, but if not, choose correctly what you want..
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    In my opinion its never worth getting a bare bones team around one fantastic player. I mean Suarez is probably 90% of Messi while Pedro is only 75% of Neymar and any cheap RM/RW is only 75% of Bale/Robben. I'd rather have class across the board.
  • DadBod

if you play more with players like ibra, maybe better choice Ronaldo.
    you play on PS ? i not know if players like messi or Ronaldo sell easy, but if not, choose correctly what you want..

Yeah they dont sell at minimum that's why i'm asking a lot before making my decision
  • holdenwait
    56552 posts National Treasure
    Runefang wrote: »
    In my opinion its never worth getting a bare bones team around one fantastic player. I mean Suarez is probably 90% of Messi while Pedro is only 75% of Neymar and any cheap RM/RW is only 75% of Bale/Robben. I'd rather have class across the board.

well said
  • P
    7616 posts League Winner
    Depends what you mean by bare bones. If you have 100k+ you'll be good. 100k team around him can get you the likes of aguero neymar and di maria now.
  • DrWorm
    Runefang wrote: »

Interesting point. I think that would be ideal to have the most competitive team, but I am not a good player and after thinking about some of the previous comments and considering the game is in the latter stages of it's annual lifecycle, a fun team is probably more appealing to me than a competitive team.
  • DrWorm
    P wrote: »
    Depends what you mean by bare bones. If you have 100k+ you'll be good. 100k team around him can get you the likes of aguero neymar and di maria now.

I would be so stretched, I might have to use my untradeable players in the interim to fill the team, since I would need to sell almost everything I have. I have started down the road, I think its worth it for me to experience Messi for the remainder of the season. I think that would be a better experience for me than having a TOTS Tevez with some other good players around him.