Should I do Rui Costa SBC?

1
Baker
1479 posts Play-Off Hero
Hey guys,

So I haven't played fifa properly for about 2 years now. I am loving the SBC's, they bring something different to UT.
I have acquired about 500k in players and I only play Squad battles.

I was looking on FUTBIN and it says to do the Rui Costa challenge is an estimate of 500k, I know that you could potentially do it for less with the packs you open during the challenge.

I was going to buy the 85 rated Rui Costa and build a team around him and then improve squad as I go on. But then thought that it makes more sense to do this?
I currently spend about £20 a month on the game so my coins aren't improving very quickly.
I have a few questions as my knowledge is minimal and comes from browsing these forums occasionally.

Does the Rui Costa challenge expire?
Do you have any tips on building the squads?
Is there a better time to do the challenge?

Any help would be great, I am aware that it'll be long and tedious but I am up for that. Just don't want to lose all my coins trying to do the challenge if I am missing something.

Comments

  • Henstock
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is doesn’t expire.
    Use the Scream cards as they are boosted now.
    This may be the best time in the near future due to the Scream cards.

    Good luck!
  • Uberman
    15726 posts World Class
    Does the Rui Costa challenge expire?
    no
    Do you have any tips on building the squads? - Try use futbin then adjust them yourself slightly
    Is there a better time to do the challenge? Rewards tommorrow
  • L3vi88
    985 posts Semi-Pro
    Henstock wrote: »
    Is doesn’t expire.
    Use the Scream cards as they are boosted now.
    This may be the best time in the near future due to the Scream cards.

    Good luck!

    Scream boosts finished at 6pm!
  • Baker
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would you guys recommend starting with the bigger pack rewards?
    I have Scream Cuadrado and Scream Perisic and unfortunately they have gone back to normal rating!
    I imagine EA will boost them at a random time throughout the year?

    I might just collect higher rated cards whilst waiting for the right time to do it.
    Glad to hear it doesn't expire, however it makes the decision harder :'(
  • Uberman
    15726 posts World Class
    Baker wrote: »
    Would you guys recommend starting with the bigger pack rewards?
    I have Scream Cuadrado and Scream Perisic and unfortunately they have gone back to normal rating!
    I imagine EA will boost them at a random time throughout the year?

    I might just collect higher rated cards whilst waiting for the right time to do it.
    Glad to hear it doesn't expire, however it makes the decision harder :'(

    @Baker

    more should be out tommorrow - you should wait until then to see if theres one of those you prefer
  • Baker
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    Does the Rui Costa challenge expire?
    no
    Do you have any tips on building the squads? - Try use futbin then adjust them yourself slightly
    Is there a better time to do the challenge? Rewards tommorrow

    What are the 'rewards' tomorrow? I haven't really played since fifa 16. Thanks :)
  • Guininho
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes. I mean... he's not the best, but he's cheaper than any other decent Icon in his position. He can play as CM, CAM or even ST.

    And well, who knows, maybe in the future you use him for any other better Prime Icon!
  • Baker
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am going to do it! I will start it on Monday after I get my squad battle rewards.
    How much did you manage to do it for?
  • Chubbs
    14226 posts Has That Special Something
    400k on release I think. I am liking Overmars a tad bit better right now FWIW but Costas versatility is insane, over 150 games with him already and not regretting it.
  • Henstock
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    L3vi88 wrote: »
    Henstock wrote: »
    Is doesn’t expire.
    Use the Scream cards as they are boosted now.
    This may be the best time in the near future due to the Scream cards.

    Good luck!

    Scream boosts finished at 6pm!

    My bad! Hadn't realised
  • JR
    7942 posts League Winner
    Yeah much better doing the sbc than buying the 85 and he is good, cost me 300k and 276k after packs
  • Helloitsme2
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He is amazing as is overmars but I think I prefer him because his freekicks are amazing and he is a real playmaker and made me a better player
  • i just did the last of Rui Costa last night - cost me a fortune... cost me a load ££££ too but got lucky and packed costa 85 last week so has helped me do this - made the mistake of doing overmars too - maybe should have gone for del piero instead - overmars for me too weak .
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Wait.
    3 more released tonight imo.
  • TimRUFC
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    Wouldn’t sink that much of your coin total into 1 tbh
  • JBC03FC
    3336 posts National Call-Up
    RadiantDevotedDrongo-size_restricted.gif
  • JBC03FC
    3336 posts National Call-Up
    ThornyValidHornedviper-size_restricted.gif
  • EddieFicio
    20985 posts Club Captain
    0ea0125ccc5681769b879878af64cb92.gif
  • Any tym7
    1379 posts Professional
    Rui costa is a bargain cost under 500 k plus u get the packs u can use him then when ur sick of him use him to get del piero

    Petit and hernandez are a joke cost same as del piero but no where near the same level
  • Eggchasers
    719 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The best thing I have done on FUT is the Rui Costa SBC.
    I had epic pack luck, but even without it, for 350k he is totally awesome for me.

    Highly recommended
  • maXmood
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    help me fix this so i can get costa in... otherwise i don't have a place for him in my team..

    current:
    fae0b28bba29a96895d005fcc6cd2d07.png

    costa in:
    34ebd316959ad37200f6dc901a1e122d.png


    you see, alessandrini and dos santos are now 8chem.. i would like to make them 10chem if possible..

    any ideas?
  • Scutch
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    maXmood wrote: »
    help me fix this so i can get costa in... otherwise i don't have a place for him in my team..

    current:
    fae0b28bba29a96895d005fcc6cd2d07.png

    costa in:
    34ebd316959ad37200f6dc901a1e122d.png


    you see, alessandrini and dos santos are now 8chem.. i would like to make them 10chem if possible..

    any ideas?

    I'd switch to 4411 and use Rui as CF.
  • Yehudaargazi1
    669 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Do you have any tips on building the squads?
    Is there a better time to do the challenge?

    If you have the patience, a few trades on each player you buy will save you some coins..
    Better time? dont really think it will be significant, because the cost of the high rated will remain high..the madness is still ahead of us..

    But he worth it...can play in several positions so you can always find a place for him in your team..
  • Baker
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm going to do it but slowly, going to keep playing SB and opening packs and keeping players.
  • Henstock
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    @maXmood Why not just swap Gio?
  • Chubbs
    14226 posts Has That Special Something
    Put Marchisio in at CM
  • maXmood
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    i couldn't wait, so i've completed it.. cost me 360k without opening the packs.

    @Henstock Gio is great, can't get rid of him.. so i'm gonna play with Alessandrini with 8chem.

    @Chubbs yea, i'm gonna get Marchisio at cm and to get full chem.
  • Helloitsme2
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    17 Games
    28 Goals
    17 assists
    All against legendary and I'm not even the best player
  • Baker
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    So I have done 6/7, got 270k left. Last one is 86+ I've made a team for 200k (I have scream perisic) can anyone make a squad for less? Futbin and futhead are only showing ones with scream!
Sign In or Register to comment.