CDMs that work at CB

BWild
3119 posts National Call-Up
I'm trying to build a team that incorporates CB Matthaus. I plan on switching him from CB to one of my CMs in a 41212(2). I know CDM Rijkaard would work, but that might be a bit out of my budget. Any other midfielders that would work well as CBs?

The main one that fit with my team/budget was Fabinho.

Comments

  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    When I get a defender sent off or when I go 3 at the back pushing the full backs forward I alway bring Moussa Dembele at CB. Bakayoko could also do the job I suppose
    But a sub like Manolas on 5 chem as a sub could do the job too at a budget.
  • Uberman
    15716 posts World Class
    Inform Danilo Pereira has surely gotta be a shout?
  • o Magico
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    Khedira did well for me once when I got Koulibaly sent off, probably just a one off tho. The Bender brothers and Fabinho spring to mind.
  • Ulook92
    11594 posts Has That Special Something
    basically anyone who is strong, tall, high defensive work rate
  • BWild
    3119 posts National Call-Up
    This is what I was considering at the moment. Switch to 41212(2). Neymar and Bale ST. Dybala Cam. Matthaus CM. Fabinho CB.

    http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/1310218/
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Could start as 5ATB and then switch in game? That’s what I did.
  • P
    7226 posts Big Money Move
    Could start as 5ATB and then switch in game? That’s what I did.

    I did this as well.
  • TTAZ
    1818 posts Play-Off Hero
    P wrote: »
    Could start as 5ATB and then switch in game? That’s what I did.

    I did this as well.
    Same


    But to answer your question IF Danilo would probably be the best bet
  • BWild
    3119 posts National Call-Up
    P wrote: »
    Could start as 5ATB and then switch in game? That’s what I did.

    I did this as well.

    Interesting... Never thought about that. But would certainly work.
  • P
    7226 posts Big Money Move
    BWild wrote: »
    P wrote: »
    Could start as 5ATB and then switch in game? That’s what I did.

    I did this as well.

    Interesting... Never thought about that. But would certainly work.

    I found the 5atb good for hybrids and getting in some different players as well.
  • jakobpedro
    642 posts Sunday League Hero
    IF Danilo Pereira and Fabinho should work.
  • JBC03FC
    3335 posts National Call-Up
    TOTW Torreira - out tonight would be one of the best in Cal A.
  • Ulook92
    11594 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2017
    JBC03FC wrote: »
    TOTW Torreira - out tonight would be one of the best in Cal A.

    trollolololol

    75 physical/defending, 5'6 and Med/Med...

    one of the best...
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Bakayoko?
  • JBC03FC
    3335 posts National Call-Up
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    JBC03FC wrote: »
    TOTW Torreira - out tonight would be one of the best in Cal A.

    trollolololol

    75 physical/defending, 5'6 and Med/Med...

    one of the best...

    haha
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    I always swap N'Zonzi back to CB if I happen to lose a defender to a red card or injury in SBs. He does really well in the air battles but does want to push up still I've noticed. Idk if that helps lol
  • BWild
    3119 posts National Call-Up
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    I always swap N'Zonzi back to CB if I happen to lose a defender to a red card or injury in SBs. He does really well in the air battles but does want to push up still I've noticed. Idk if that helps lol

    It actually does. Someone like him is who I'm looking for tbh.

    Until I find a better option I'll probably plan on Fabinho. Seems like a solid enough fit.
  • Barslund
    4644 posts National Call-Up
    Start 5 atb with Matthias and 85 Petit and then turn it into a 3 atb
  • Shaanxz
    19599 posts Club Captain
    Fabinho is a god
  • yerwaltz
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    BWild wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    I always swap N'Zonzi back to CB if I happen to lose a defender to a red card or injury in SBs. He does really well in the air battles but does want to push up still I've noticed. Idk if that helps lol

    It actually does. Someone like him is who I'm looking for tbh.

    Until I find a better option I'll probably plan on Fabinho. Seems like a solid enough fit.

    right on! besides Fabinho, maybe look at Matic as well, he looks beastly although I haven't used him in UT this year. No sure what your team is looking like though
  • BuffonJuve93
    1168 posts Professional
    :milk:
  • BWild
    3119 posts National Call-Up
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    BWild wrote: »
    yerwaltz wrote: »
    I always swap N'Zonzi back to CB if I happen to lose a defender to a red card or injury in SBs. He does really well in the air battles but does want to push up still I've noticed. Idk if that helps lol

    It actually does. Someone like him is who I'm looking for tbh.

    Until I find a better option I'll probably plan on Fabinho. Seems like a solid enough fit.

    right on! besides Fabinho, maybe look at Matic as well, he looks beastly although I haven't used him in UT this year. No sure what your team is looking like though

    I didn't post a picture, but here's the link. http://www.futhead.com/18/squads/1310218/

    With it turning to a 41212(2)
    Neymar Bale
    Dybala
    Matthaus Paulinho
    Casemiro
    Sandro Chiellini Fabinho Semedo
    Don
  • BWild
    3119 posts National Call-Up
    :milk:

    Oh hey there stranger :*
  • Diggy
    12934 posts Has That Special Something
    Blokoyoko
Sign In or Register to comment.