Anyone who doesn't like this patch

Nana_bitty
1728 posts Play-Off Hero
This patch is a step in the right direction and EA should be congratulated for once.
Anyone complaining about this patch simply don't want FIFA to resemble football whatsoever.
Long direct through balls to strikers are now risky, ping pong passes are less effective and the game speed is perfect.
Learn how to play the game using a midfield instead of scoring the same goals over and over.

Comments

• DKCena
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    I like that ping pong passes is possible when you use Kroos, Modric, Bergkamp etc. Makes it worth to use good players.

So I’m a fan too!
  • love it
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    its clearly better.
    only job half done though.
  • Nathlee123
    453 posts Sunday League Hero
    I absolutely agree with your sentiment, it’s a step in the right direction for the non slime player. Find it hard to congratulate a company that released a pretty nice game, patched it for the worse to then have to patch to improve it in november.
    You’re right though, surely we all see the changes are for the better!
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    DKCena wrote: »
    I like that ping pong passes is possible when you use Kroos, Modric, Bergkamp etc. Makes it worth to use good players.

So I’m a fan too!

Yeah having players with vision and good passing pays off.
    Most of these complaining probably play the game with a midfield of gueye, bakayoko and klassen.
  • ChopperChedder
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nana_bitty wrote: »

So I’m a fan too!

Most of these complaining probably play the game with a midfield of gueye, bakayoko and klassen.

Nothing wrong with gueye :D he bosses that holding roll for me
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero

So I’m a fan too!

Nothing wrong with gueye :D he bosses that holding roll for me

Nothing wrong with using them players, my point was using them all without any top passer in there.
  • CounterLicious
    1071 posts Professional
    Frustrating about the patch is that ultra defensive/PTB is even more powerful now.
  • SoundersAllDay
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's still not good enough. They've only made the game marginally better after the patch. Let's not forget, other companies release amazing games from the jump and make them better with patches. Don't get too excited.
  • Aqeel87
    2560 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's still not good enough. They've only made the game marginally better after the patch. Let's not forget, other companies release amazing games from the jump and make them better with patches. Don't get too excited.

• StaticVG
    2467 posts Fans' Favourite
    this patch is all about pace abuse no thanks, rather stick to dominating the midfield previous patches ago.
  • Medine13
    43 posts Park Captain

yes now only the player with good pass stats will be successful l1+triangle
  • Nana_bitty
    1728 posts Play-Off Hero
    StaticVG wrote: »
    this patch is all about pace abuse no thanks, rather stick to dominating the midfield previous patches ago.

Do we play the same game?
  • nicitel32
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero
    i like it..played 2 matches today that finished 0:0...better than 8:7
  • Jimmyb83
    769 posts Semi-Pro
    This patch is a step in the right direction and EA should be congratulated for once.
    Anyone complaining about this patch simply don't want FIFA to resemble football whatsoever.
    Long direct through balls to strikers are now risky, ping pong passes are less effective and the game speed is perfect.
    Learn how to play the game using a midfield instead of scoring the same goals over and over.

Having absolutely no way to break down ptb is great fun.
  • Recoba
    3805 posts National Call-Up
    Great patch.
  • reconskill
    457 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its clearly better than before i have no idea how people can say otherwise. They haven't even change much just the passing accuracy basically. If your someone who used to play football correctly making sure you face your players before you pass and get the angles and power correctly you will barely notice anything.

Ea will never win with the community, i honestly feel sorry for them sometimes. They can release a fake patch notes saying they change some things when they didnt and people will come say that the gameplay has drastically changed, ptb is back, pace is back etc. Everything i see people complain about has always been in the game.
  • chosenone
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    I disagree, my passes are extremely slow in some games. It was already like this but now the ball is barely moving in some games even facing the right direction. I will try to upload a video tonight. I am only playing squad battles and some games already felt slow with the slow passes I think its due to input delay - these games are now worse than before as the ball doesn't make it to my player at times
  • deang07
    8221 posts League Winner

The passing is a step in the right direction ur correct but unless things are patched to match its unbalanced still .
    Other aspects like ai def are now worse its always one step fw 2 back
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    Jimmyb83 wrote: »

Having absolutely no way to break down ptb is great fun.

Ptb is no problem anymore now, or not like before, its easier to break down and hunt your opponement as they cant keep passing it blindly in the back.

I luv it.
  • deang07
    8221 posts League Winner
    Like what theyve done to passing but its made more stuff unbalanced again u cannot tweak attacking in any way without adjusting def to match fo balance , while the build up and passing is better the op ai defending etc is more effective than ever
  • Isco233
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    Love it. Good step forwrd for ea.
  • Safehands84
    3512 posts National Call-Up
    Loving it so far got to say. Finally I can play 433 and 4231 and not be punished by someone hitting 1 60 yard rocket and beating me on the counter. I honestly don’t mind someone playing PTB just be patient and opening appear for long shot. Pay attention who they are controlling if it’s a AI player run at them and use drag back open space for a through ball or shot. Another option have a target man on the bench like Benteke, Manduzkic and whip some crosses in or long shots and win corners.
  • ChopperChedder
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If i wasnt challenged on legendary before i am now. I could be having a bad day, but so far iv played 2 games today (squad battles) one on legendary the other on world class. And i am struggling on both difficulties.

You know what i wont do though? I wont **** about it. Il make a statement and il play and play until i “get gd” just means i wont finish as high up the leaderboard as id like.
  • Bennym
    45 posts Park Captain
    All a bunch of women if you don't like the new patch don't play it . Quit Fifa and play a new game simple as
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    chosenone wrote: »
    I disagree, my passes are extremely slow in some games. It was already like this but now the ball is barely moving in some games even facing the right direction. I will try to upload a video tonight. I am only playing squad battles and some games already felt slow with the slow passes I think its due to input delay - these games are now worse than before as the ball doesn't make it to my player at times

I had this same issue in the two SBs I played. It was like my players hadn't eaten anything and my balls were just barely reaching their target, The first game I played was on Legendary against a B/S/G team which I should've comfortably destroyed 5-0 and I was struggling to create chances against it for most of the game. It was laughable really and flat out boring.
  • jackm57
    2282 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's good that the passing stat actually matters now.
  • Bvegas
    1468 posts Play-Off Hero
    Like it so far

Also noticed my players actually winning physical battles against Legendary in SB now which is new. Was getting destroyed off the ball by garbage bronzes before
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    Bennym wrote: »
    All a bunch of women if you don't like the new patch don't play it . Quit Fifa and play a new game simple as

Some people spent hundreds on this game to play a game that became something entirely different than what it was on launch, I'm sure they are entitled to have some gripes, You are on here complaining about other people complaining ffs :D
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    Great patch by EA. Hopefully they will continue this way.

10/10