Passing Stat is meaningless

134
SeanDCFC
2372 posts Fans' Favourite
edited October 2017
I wanted to do this for a few days to prove how passing in FIFA 18 is a pointless stat and to show that passing is way too easy and assisted. I decided to play with a team of goalkeepers (with 21 chem) and just play to win and see what the pass completion % would end up at. I believed it would be around 90% and that turned out to be accurate. When I compare passing with goalkeepers to regular outfield players I noticed no difference. Toni kroos passes with the same precision as Jack Butland and co. The passing stat literally means nothing.

Something else that you can see clearly with this is how effective counters are so it's no surprise this is the main tactic in FIFA 18 as you don't even need to be good or have good players to achieve this. EA fix your game none of this should be so easy, people are bored because of the lack of skill required.

https://twitch.tv/videos/186354388

Comments

  • TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    broken game
  • KetBreezy
    448 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I can sadly believe this.
  • Robmu22
    1292 posts Professional
    Yep, no surprise at all.

    To be fair, I'd imagine most of the stats have very little relevance.
  • Lokoplovdiv
    473 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wait for incoming update ! Everyone will pass like GK
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    Robmu22 wrote: »
    Yep, no surprise at all.

    To be fair, I'd imagine most of the stats have very little relevance.

    True, things like first touch also have no relevance. I think these stats should mean something and would make players like kroos etc stand out from players with low passing.
    Wait for incoming update ! Everyone will pass like GK

    No need, they already do :smirk:

  • Boysie91
    8167 posts League Winner
    Wait for incoming update ! Everyone will pass like GK

    They already pass like DDG ;)
  • BestFutPlayaEver
    1856 posts Fans' Favourite
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Wait for incoming update ! Everyone will pass like GK

    They already pass like DDG ;)

    Ddg? Don't know who that is but de Gea is the best passer in the game. His pass to paul
  • ILBOMBA
    1039 posts Professional
    Nothing new. Worst football Game ever.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    True. Has always been the case. Really wish they made some changes to it one year
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yep totally agree. Biggest problem with the game IMO.
  • mihain247
    1297 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do you have the latest patch ?
  • Peter_655
    746 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tell me a fifa where passing stat makes a difference?
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    mihain247 wrote: »
    Do you have the latest patch ?

    No, I'm on PS4. I don't have much hope that the latest patch will change anything to be honest.
  • ILBOMBA
    1039 posts Professional
    mihain247 wrote: »
    Do you have the latest patch ?
    doesnt matter. Passing stats are a lie
  • mihain247
    1297 posts Play-Off Hero
    Would be great to retry it with the latest patch and also use some long passing !
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    Tell me a fifa where passing stat makes a difference?

    I'd say the difference is less than ever before when it should be more as the game is developed and fine tuned, this clearly is not how EA think though.
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    SeanDCFC wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    Tell me a fifa where passing stat makes a difference?

    I'd say the difference is less than ever before when it should be more as the game is developed and fine tuned, this clearly is not how EA think though.

    I would go that far. Fifa 14 was the first one where you couldnt just whip a perfect 300 yard lobbed trough ball with your CBs weat foot while facing the other way
  • Peter_655
    746 posts An Exciting Prospect
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    SeanDCFC wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    Tell me a fifa where passing stat makes a difference?

    I'd say the difference is less than ever before when it should be more as the game is developed and fine tuned, this clearly is not how EA think though.

    I would go that far. Fifa 14 was the first one where you couldnt just whip a perfect 300 yard lobbed trough ball with your CBs weat foot while facing the other way
    First and last
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    SeanDCFC wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    Tell me a fifa where passing stat makes a difference?

    I'd say the difference is less than ever before when it should be more as the game is developed and fine tuned, this clearly is not how EA think though.

    I would go that far. Fifa 14 was the first one where you couldnt just whip a perfect 300 yard lobbed trough ball with your CBs weat foot while facing the other way
    First and last

    It hasnt been that bad since.. You hardly ever see that nowdays.. You can do it trought the wings but not trought the middle like you could before 14
  • Peter_655
    746 posts An Exciting Prospect
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    SeanDCFC wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    Tell me a fifa where passing stat makes a difference?

    I'd say the difference is less than ever before when it should be more as the game is developed and fine tuned, this clearly is not how EA think though.

    I would go that far. Fifa 14 was the first one where you couldnt just whip a perfect 300 yard lobbed trough ball with your CBs weat foot while facing the other way
    First and last

    It hasnt been that bad since.. You hardly ever see that nowdays.. You can do it trought the wings but not trought the middle like you could before 14

    It doesn't matter which player you do it with though
  • pekkaa88
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    SeanDCFC wrote: »
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    Tell me a fifa where passing stat makes a difference?

    I'd say the difference is less than ever before when it should be more as the game is developed and fine tuned, this clearly is not how EA think though.

    I would go that far. Fifa 14 was the first one where you couldnt just whip a perfect 300 yard lobbed trough ball with your CBs weat foot while facing the other way
    First and last

    It hasnt been that bad since.. You hardly ever see that nowdays.. You can do it trought the wings but not trought the middle like you could before 14

    It doesn't matter which player you do it with though

    Yeah I have to agree with that
  • FIFAjunkee
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just imagine a game where the most important component was made completely true to real life, and that this meant 98% of the games characters were utterly useless...

    Honestly?

    What type of game would we actually be playing if passing stats were made true to each players card stat. Just accept the game has to buffer attributes because the alternative would be an absolute **** show.
  • Gromit
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    Robmu22 wrote: »
    Yep, no surprise at all.

    To be fair, I'd imagine most of the stats have very little relevance.


    Yup and some people are spending hundreds to get certain players lol

    Great video btw, would love to see EA respond to this...

    Are there any keepers with lightening pace? ;)
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    FIFAjunkee wrote: »
    Just imagine a game where the most important component was made completely true to real life, and that this meant 98% of the games characters were utterly useless...

    Honestly?

    What type of game would we actually be playing if passing stats were made true to each players card stat. Just accept the game has to buffer attributes because the alternative would be an absolute **** show.

    So you think Goalkeepers should pass as accurately as the worlds best passers? Other stats like pace, shooting, strength are made to try to be true to life, I don't see why passing should be different.
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    Tell me a fifa where passing stat makes a difference?

    16 it matter the most, but after awhile, and all the screams, they changed that too.
  • Khetzal
    216 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2017
    You should leave this squad formed on your game.

    This way some poor soul can come up against it in Squad Battles. They will rage out when they see this team of GKs run perfect ping pong passing and instafire goal into the back of the net over and over. This team will annihilate many unexpecting players in Squad Battles.
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    Khetzal wrote: »
    You should leave this squad formed on your game.

    This way some poor soul can come up against it in Squad Battles. They will rage out when they see this team of GKs run perfect ping pong passing and instafire goal into the back of the net over and over. This team will annihilate many unexpected players in Squad Battles.

    It's still my team at the moment and have no desire to play so it'll stay like that for a while. I'll wait for the rage post with the screenshot of my team to appear :lol:
  • FIFAjunkee wrote: »
    Just imagine a game where the most important component was made completely true to real life, and that this meant 98% of the games characters were utterly useless...

    Honestly?

    What type of game would we actually be playing if passing stats were made true to each players card stat. Just accept the game has to buffer attributes because the alternative would be an absolute **** show.

    EA doesn’t need sucking off mate they’re already getting piped off daily by all the weapons buying FIFA points and still raging at the game.
  • Peter_655
    746 posts An Exciting Prospect
    FIFAjunkee wrote: »
    Just imagine a game where the most important component was made completely true to real life, and that this meant 98% of the games characters were utterly useless...

    Honestly?

    What type of game would we actually be playing if passing stats were made true to each players card stat. Just accept the game has to buffer attributes because the alternative would be an absolute **** show.

    It wouldn't be bad at all.

    You have iniesta, ozil, silva. 3 of the best passers in the world, they are almost useless.

    If passing stats mattered, they may still get pushed of the ball, out ran, not track back as well as others, BUT they would be able to pass better than Jesus, sterling, sane.

    Imagine a game where a creative player as CAM would be more effective than rashford?

    Where playing silva or iniesta wide wouldn't be useless because they have more quality on the ball?

    I suppose I expect too much, but I'm sure david beckham was much more accurate passing wise on PES 2 than babangida
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    Peter_655 wrote: »
    FIFAjunkee wrote: »
    Just imagine a game where the most important component was made completely true to real life, and that this meant 98% of the games characters were utterly useless...

    Honestly?

    What type of game would we actually be playing if passing stats were made true to each players card stat. Just accept the game has to buffer attributes because the alternative would be an absolute **** show.

    It wouldn't be bad at all.

    You have iniesta, ozil, silva. 3 of the best passers in the world, they are almost useless.

    If passing stats mattered, they may still get pushed of the ball, out ran, not track back as well as others, BUT they would be able to pass better than Jesus, sterling, sane.

    Imagine a game where a creative player as CAM would be more effective than rashford?

    Where playing silva or iniesta wide wouldn't be useless because they have more quality on the ball?

    I suppose I expect too much, but I'm sure david beckham was much more accurate passing wise on PES 2 than babangida

    Spot on, there's no reason why passing stats can't be important. In my eyes it would actually cure a lot of the current problems with the game, counter attacking would be less effective, teams would be more varied and teams might not be as loaded with pace if good passers were actually nice to use.

Sign In or Register to comment.