XBOX CC TV TALK

Comments

  • Azof
    16067 posts World Class
    Watched PBS Frontlines Bitter Rivals Iran and Saudi Arabia, very good documentary if anyone is into them and the middle east especially.

    Il not link it directly cause new mods would not approve
  • Argie8
    5605 posts Big Money Move
    Santiago wrote: »
    Watching Homeland again. Stopped at E10 of S4 for some reason so just watched E11 and the season finale.

    Such a good show. That season finale is the worst one I have ever seen though.

    That the one where literally nothing happens? It was like an anti-finale. Great season though. Very 24-ish
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Santiago wrote: »
    Watching Homeland again. Stopped at E10 of S4 for some reason so just watched E11 and the season finale.

    Such a good show. That season finale is the worst one I have ever seen though.

    That the one where literally nothing happens? It was like an anti-finale. Great season though. Very 24-ish

    Yeah :D
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Azof wrote: »
    Watched PBS Frontlines Bitter Rivals Iran and Saudi Arabia, very good documentary if anyone is into them and the middle east especially.

    Il not link it directly cause new mods would not approve

    Cool - thanks for the share.

    FYI - it appears to be a free watch directly on PBS site - http://www.pbs.org/video/bitter-rivals-iran-and-saudi-arabia-pqsnhk/. Well, for me in NZ at least.
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    Ash vs Evil Dead is back, first episode of s3, just about to settle down and give it a watch, been absolutely brilliant so far up until the end of s2.

    They cocked it up a little, to be honest, hope it's back to its brilliant, bloody, hilarious best.
  • Carswell
    8083 posts League Winner
    Anyone watched the Netflix originals: Dark, or The Killing?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31361 posts National Team Captain
    Carswell wrote: »
    Anyone watched the Netflix originals: Dark, or The Killing?

    I've watched the first season of The Killing, started the 2nd and never finished. I thought it was pretty good and interesting. I didn't stop watching the 2nd because I got bored, just got really busy around the time and never got back around to it.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Carswell wrote: »
    Anyone watched the Netflix originals: Dark, or The Killing?

    Watched all 4 seasons of The Killing. First season was ... exquisite. Very different in terms of pace. For that aspect alone, I loved it.

    Like @XxRichiexRichxX said, the 2nd season can get a bit boring, but I still enjoyed it and saw it through till the end. I rate Joel Kinnaman so he made me watch all of it :lol: .
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    Carswell wrote: »
    Anyone watched the Netflix originals: Dark, or The Killing?

    I watched the first series of the Danish original, how does the remake compare? Been looking at watching the new version for a bit now.

    Also keep meaning to look at some of those "Walter presents..." Foreign series on all4, some of them look really rather good.

  • Carswell
    8083 posts League Winner
    @XxRichiexRichxX Yeah it’s quality. Midway through the second season and I’m hooked.

    @VanBasten12 I agree with you 100% brother. The acting is very well done.

    @Davey Sprockett I say go for it and watch it man.

    So...did you all watch “Dark”? It’s in German but it is CLASS. My girl and I watched the whole first season (second is coming in 2019) in one day :joy: . Seen it through twice now.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31361 posts National Team Captain
    Carswell wrote: »
    Anyone watched the Netflix originals: Dark, or The Killing?

    Watched all 4 seasons of The Killing. First season was ... exquisite. Very different in terms of pace. For that aspect alone, I loved it.

    Like @XxRichiexRichxX said, the 2nd season can get a bit boring, but I still enjoyed it and saw it through till the end. I rate Joel Kinnaman so he made me watch all of it :lol: .
    Carswell wrote: »
    @XxRichiexRichxX Yeah it’s quality. Midway through the second season and I’m hooked.

    @VanBasten12 I agree with you 100% brother. The acting is very well done.

    @Davey Sprockett I say go for it and watch it man.

    So...did you all watch “Dark”? It’s in German but it is CLASS. My girl and I watched the whole first season (second is coming in 2019) in one day :joy: . Seen it through twice now.

    Agreed. That show is really what put me onto Joel Kinnaman, first thing I ever saw him in it. Thought he and the rest of the cast was quality. Since I just finished rewatching Justified, I'll probably go back and finish it.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead last night.

    Such a shame to see this one continue it's downward spiral. Starting to skip sections, it's so bad.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31361 posts National Team Captain
    Watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead last night.

    Such a shame to see this one continue it's downward spiral. Starting to skip sections, it's so bad.

    Hah glad I stopped watching half way through season 3. The show got incredibly boring and repetitive quick imo
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead last night.

    Such a shame to see this one continue it's downward spiral. Starting to skip sections, it's so bad.

    Hah glad I stopped watching half way through season 3. The show got incredibly boring and repetitive quick imo

    Yeah, started so well and the aspect of survival and what people will do, was gripping. Then it became the same old with various titbits thrown in - to spark life.

    Even when Jeffrey Dean Morgan appeared, I thought they could get this back on track. I remember watching that season premiere where they showed the episode - big screen with an audience. Thereafter they discussed it - Talking Dead style (which is absolute **** btw) - with a dozen-odd stars (all the big ones). He walked on stage with a swagger and to jeers and boos. He had that smug look on his face too.
    This was after he had taken out 2 of the main actors

    Apparently this was their worst midseason premier ratings. But it's still got a strong fan base and probably why we'll see this till season 20, whilst other really good shows get turfed.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31361 posts National Team Captain
    Watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead last night.

    Such a shame to see this one continue it's downward spiral. Starting to skip sections, it's so bad.

    Hah glad I stopped watching half way through season 3. The show got incredibly boring and repetitive quick imo

    Yeah, started so well and the aspect of survival and what people will do, was gripping. Then it became the same old with various titbits thrown in - to spark life.

    Even when Jeffrey Dean Morgan appeared, I thought they could get this back on track. I remember watching that season premiere where they showed the episode - big screen with an audience. Thereafter they discussed it - Talking Dead style (which is absolute **** btw) - with a dozen-odd stars (all the big ones). He walked on stage with a swagger and to jeers and boos. He had that smug look on his face too.
    This was after he had taken out 2 of the main actors

    Apparently this was their worst midseason premier ratings. But it's still got a strong fan base and probably why we'll see this till season 20, whilst other really good shows get turfed.

    Yeah there’s too strong a loyal fan base. I know a bunch of friends that are die hard fans. I just could never see the hype after so long.
  • Argie8
    5605 posts Big Money Move
    I've had mixed feelings on the walking dead for ages now. Thought it peaked at season 5 and it's been a slog ever since. Watched the first episode of this season and had to give up
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone here still watch some procedural drama's?

    Main reason I do is to get some balance in, in between the likes of all the Vikings, Peaky Blinders, TD, Homeland and many, many others.

    So ...
    NCIS - lost it's appeal when Tony left, but keeps me watching.
    NCIS New Orleans - still watch for some reason.
    Lethal Weapon - skipped this one till a mate said he enjoyed it. Cheesy at times but it's light relief.
    'Chicago' series ... Fire / PD / Med - bit boring at times, but watchable.
    The Blacklist - wish they could just package up all of James Spader's comments in 10 minutes and speed through the rest. Love him!
    Bull - Do like this one - Michael Weatherly is simply great.

  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Finished the last episode of Waco.

    Um ... wow. Noted that this is from one of the survivors' perspectives (based off a book he co-wrote), it certainly gives an interesting perspective!!!

    For the past 25 years, if you'd asked me about Koresh/Waco, I would have rambled off cult, wacko (pun intended), mass suicide, etc.

    Now this certainly has given me a different point of view. The last 15 minutes of the episode I was simply like this ... :open_mouth: ...

    Good watch! Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch do a great job as well as the other supporting guys.
  • Azof
    16067 posts World Class
    Azof wrote: »
    Watched PBS Frontlines Bitter Rivals Iran and Saudi Arabia, very good documentary if anyone is into them and the middle east especially.

    Il not link it directly cause new mods would not approve

    Watched the second part of this also very good

    Frontlines seem quality
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    Argie8 wrote: »
    I've had mixed feelings on the walking dead for ages now. Thought it peaked at season 5 and it's been a slog ever since. Watched the first episode of this season and had to give up

    I feel exactly the same. Started watching when it was at Series 5 on TV and blitzed through it. Absolutely loved it. I think the earlier seasons were great.

    Series 6 was different but still good so I carried on with it despite a few rubbish episodes and then Series 7 was just absolute ****. The first episode was the big reveal and very tense but after that it was just so bad!!!

    Series 8 has been better but again there are just episodes that are rubbish or scenes that just don't need to be in the episode. The writers should just stick to what they do best which is good action.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    i remember watching the first episode of amc's the walking dead and i was like wow this is really good you know this has potential and then i watched the next 2 and i was like wow i really like this you know and then i finished the season in the same night and i was like wow this could be huge then i started season 2 the next day and i was like ehh ok lets see where this goes and then i watched the next one and next one and i was like ehh when are you going so it didnt go then i waited a year for season 3 and i was like alright this is decent to good could turn great again and then the scientist guy eugene said he lied about washington and i was like okay whats the endgame now then so i watched and then the endgame turned out to be moving to a new location every season with a new villain every season while barely progressing the story and the characters all turned somewhat bland and then negan came and said bat bat and then they thought it was a good idea to end it on a cliffhanger and let people wait for a year and then six months later i saw actors getting deals for other shows so i knew who was offed so i said yeah i think this ran its course for me and then i watched a few more episodes and saw some cgi tiger and i was like okay im done
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31361 posts National Team Captain
    Into the Badlands is probably my favorite AMC show at the moment
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Just finished up Black Sails season 1. Great show.
    Can’t believe they did my man Gates like that though. I don’t believe Billy is dead either, he’ll be back with a vengeance imo
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Currieman wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    I've had mixed feelings on the walking dead for ages now. Thought it peaked at season 5 and it's been a slog ever since. Watched the first episode of this season and had to give up

    I feel exactly the same. Started watching when it was at Series 5 on TV and blitzed through it. Absolutely loved it. I think the earlier seasons were great.

    Series 6 was different but still good so I carried on with it despite a few rubbish episodes and then Series 7 was just absolute ****. The first episode was the big reveal and very tense but after that it was just so bad!!!

    Series 8 has been better but again there are just episodes that are rubbish or scenes that just don't need to be in the episode. The writers should just stick to what they do best which is good action.

    The double episode with Morgan and how he went from manic to super calm ... absolutely brilliant television! Those are the episodes that truly make a show!!

    Then you have to settle with some episodes that are worse than watching paint dry.

    I remember another favourite ... West Wing. What a show!! Incredible dialogue, the corridor scenes ... just amazing scriptwriting at it's best. S5 and onwards ... it started to falter a bit. Was still good ... but something seemed different.

    After some research I learnt that Aaron Sorkin had left after S4 and it kinda made sense - the flavour changed.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Fab wrote: »
    i remember watching the first episode of amc's the walking dead and i was like wow this is really good you know this has potential and then i watched the next 2 and i was like wow i really like this you know and then i finished the season in the same night and i was like wow this could be huge then i started season 2 the next day and i was like ehh ok lets see where this goes and then i watched the next one and next one and i was like ehh when are you going so it didnt go then i waited a year for season 3 and i was like alright this is decent to good could turn great again and then the scientist guy eugene said he lied about washington and i was like okay whats the endgame now then so i watched and then the endgame turned out to be moving to a new location every season with a new villain every season while barely progressing the story and the characters all turned somewhat bland and then negan came and said bat bat and then they thought it was a good idea to end it on a cliffhanger and let people wait for a year and then six months later i saw actors getting deals for other shows so i knew who was offed so i said yeah i think this ran its course for me and then i watched a few more episodes and saw some cgi tiger and i was like okay im done

    :lol: ... did you even breathe ... ?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31361 posts National Team Captain
    Painter753 wrote: »
    Just finished up Black Sails season 1. Great show.
    Can’t believe they did my man Gates like that though. I don’t believe Billy is dead either, he’ll be back with a vengeance imo

    Haha you’re making me want to re watch the show. It’s quality.
    Fab wrote: »
    i remember watching the first episode of amc's the walking dead and i was like wow this is really good you know this has potential and then i watched the next 2 and i was like wow i really like this you know and then i finished the season in the same night and i was like wow this could be huge then i started season 2 the next day and i was like ehh ok lets see where this goes and then i watched the next one and next one and i was like ehh when are you going so it didnt go then i waited a year for season 3 and i was like alright this is decent to good could turn great again and then the scientist guy eugene said he lied about washington and i was like okay whats the endgame now then so i watched and then the endgame turned out to be moving to a new location every season with a new villain every season while barely progressing the story and the characters all turned somewhat bland and then negan came and said bat bat and then they thought it was a good idea to end it on a cliffhanger and let people wait for a year and then six months later i saw actors getting deals for other shows so i knew who was offed so i said yeah i think this ran its course for me and then i watched a few more episodes and saw some cgi tiger and i was like okay im done

    :lol: ... did you even breathe ... ?

    :lol:
  • Argie8
    5605 posts Big Money Move
    Fab wrote: »
    i remember watching the first episode of amc's the walking dead and i was like wow this is really good you know this has potential and then i watched the next 2 and i was like wow i really like this you know and then i finished the season in the same night and i was like wow this could be huge then i started season 2 the next day and i was like ehh ok lets see where this goes and then i watched the next one and next one and i was like ehh when are you going so it didnt go then i waited a year for season 3 and i was like alright this is decent to good could turn great again and then the scientist guy eugene said he lied about washington and i was like okay whats the endgame now then so i watched and then the endgame turned out to be moving to a new location every season with a new villain every season while barely progressing the story and the characters all turned somewhat bland and then negan came and said bat bat and then they thought it was a good idea to end it on a cliffhanger and let people wait for a year and then six months later i saw actors getting deals for other shows so i knew who was offed so i said yeah i think this ran its course for me and then i watched a few more episodes and saw some cgi tiger and i was like okay im done

    :lol: ... did you even breathe ... ?

    It's a great summary in fairness haha
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Just finished season 2 of black sails. This show is definitely in my top 5 so far. Hopefully it continues to be this good
  • Carswell
    8083 posts League Winner
    Painter753 wrote: »
    Just finished season 2 of black sails. This show is definitely in my top 5 so far. Hopefully it continues to be this good

    Tried to tell you this long ago scrub.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31361 posts National Team Captain
    Black Sails and Banshee are two very quality shows that kind of slipped under the radar of a lot of people from what I’ve seen
Sign In or Register to comment.