XBOX CC TV TALK

Comments

• Argie8
    5737 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Just finished the new season of Homeland and loved it. Not the best but very solid. Cant wait to see where they go and how many more seasons they will keep it going.

Next season will be the last. I know a lot of people quit the show once Brody was written out but i do feel the show has really found its identity since. Really good show

For me it did go missing a bit with the over-the-top Carrie moments. But then they pulled it together - loved the focus on Quinn … could have been a spinoff on him alone IMO!

I felt the weakest season was the third, when it was struggling to decide what it wanted to be. However, I think it massively improved after that. Carrie has always been a compellingly complex character yet even in the first season I found her to be a frustrating protagonist.

Quinn was fantastic though. Season 5 he was brilliant. Heartbreaking seeing how it ended with him

I'm glad they're not gonna drag it on any longer, something I wish they'd not done with 24
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Just finished the new season of Homeland and loved it. Not the best but very solid. Cant wait to see where they go and how many more seasons they will keep it going.

Next season will be the last. I know a lot of people quit the show once Brody was written out but i do feel the show has really found its identity since. Really good show

For me it did go missing a bit with the over-the-top Carrie moments. But then they pulled it together - loved the focus on Quinn … could have been a spinoff on him alone IMO!

I felt the weakest season was the third, when it was struggling to decide what it wanted to be. However, I think it massively improved after that. Carrie has always been a compellingly complex character yet even in the first season I found her to be a frustrating protagonist.

Quinn was fantastic though. Season 5 he was brilliant. Heartbreaking seeing how it ended with him

I'm glad they're not gonna drag it on any longer, something I wish they'd not done with 24

Yeah - that was when they focused on his daughter quite a bit - pathetic, little teenager brat. Not sure why they did that.

It's impressive that they killed off the chief villain, and have been successful after that.
  • VanBasten12
    Anybody watched Mayans MC - spin off of SOA?
  • BrentfordFC
    11599 posts Has That Special Something

Mannn it’s not even out here :lol: Gunna have to get a link :trollface:
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17212 posts World Class
    Jack Ryan worth watching?
  • ha032742
    35032 posts Moderator
    Look at the last two pages @AnDrEwThEdOn :+1:
  • KingLionel10
    15006 posts World Class

Watched it, didn’t think much of it tbh, but then again SOA started off like that for me and turned out to be one of my fav shows.

Power:
    This seasons been unreal again, was nearly in tears when they killed Kanan, was an unreal character in it, can’t wait to watch the last episode
  • VanBasten12
    edited September 2018
    Jack Ryan worth watching?

I know you can check back @AnDrEwThEdOn … but I'll say it again - really is a good one.

What I do like about it, and this is something that I think is quite a challenge for the likes of Netflix & Amazon, is how they pace these shows.

Given that we live in a world now where, like this one, all 8 episodes are available immediately & you're not waiting week-after-week (to ensure people watch the next week's episode), they need to consider how they pace them, what they end each episode on, and build that into the script.

I was thinking back and Jack Ryan was very good at it, which also includes skipping the annoying "previously on …".
  • VanBasten12

Watched it, didn’t think much of it tbh, but then again SOA started off like that for me and turned out to be one of my fav shows.

Power:
    This seasons been unreal again, was nearly in tears when they killed Kanan, was an unreal character in it, can’t wait to watch the last episode

Yeah - can never judge a pilot episode only as they have so much to try set out. I do think they threw in a few different plots to start with, so this can go plenty places.

Of course, having Edward James Olmos & Michael Irby in makes it a no-brainer for me.

I read a lot of books and the one I read recently was based around Islamic Jihadists using the Cartels & their tunnels as a way into the US. Therefore I see that they can expand quite easily into other areas, bringing in new villains, etc - similar to Sons and their trip overseas. Has more appeal at times, even though I thought the Sons adventure wasn't the best season - it was different.
  • Fab
    17527 posts World Class
    Ozark S2 any good? S1 was a decent watch but that's about it. Does S2 get any better?
  • RBailss
    11819 posts Has That Special Something
    Last episode of Power tonight... RIP :'(
  • SF9
    8369 posts League Winner

Power:

Yeah - can never judge a pilot episode only as they have so much to try set out. I do think they threw in a few different plots to start with, so this can go plenty places.

Of course, having Edward James Olmos & Michael Irby in makes it a no-brainer for me.

I read a lot of books and the one I read recently was based around Islamic Jihadists using the Cartels & their tunnels as a way into the US. Therefore I see that they can expand quite easily into other areas, bringing in new villains, etc - similar to Sons and their trip overseas. Has more appeal at times, even though I thought the Sons adventure wasn't the best season - it was different.

Sons season 3 when they go overseas wasn’t great, however, the season 3 finale was up there with one of the best episodes imo @VanBasten12
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    Genuinely have no interest in watching Mayans MC
  • VanBasten12
    SF9 wrote: »

Power:

Sons season 3 when they go overseas wasn’t great, however, the season 3 finale was up there with one of the best episodes imo @VanBasten12

Yeah, didn't enjoy the overall season, but do agree the finale was great.

As much as I loved Sons, there were really some "plain ok" episodes spread across some of the most "brilliant TV" episodes - ever. I still get goose bumps just thinking about Opie … :cry:
  • VanBasten12
    Genuinely have no interest in watching Mayans MC

I must admit that I was not glued to it the whole time. I appreciated the few familiar characters that were included, and understand more to come.

I did read that Kurt Sutter mentioned it was not going to be the same "M.C. in Charming" setting/story. I will say that the cast includes a few actors that you know can act and draw you in.
  • BrentfordFC
    RBailss wrote: »

Good ending !

Think tommy had to do what he had to do
  • RBailss
    11819 posts Has That Special Something

Good ending !

Without spoiling, I was a bit underwhelmed if I'm honest... Leaves plenty of scope for another season or two though! @BrentfordFC
  • BrentfordFC

Good ending !

Without spoiling, I was a bit underwhelmed if I'm honest... Leaves plenty of scope for another season or two though! @BrentfordFC

Definitely !

Gunna be an all out war next series. Hope they use tariq a bit more. Love proctors attitude towards Angela :lol:
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite

Good ending !

Yeah was somewhat disappointed as well, think it was a bit too predictable that what happened in the end would happen at one point or another. Ghost and Tommy are **** now though :joy:

Especially with all the loose ends they have, there are way too many people that could snitch on them. Think it for sure has 2 more seasons in it, don’t see how they could wrap it up in just another 10 episodes.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Wouldn’t put it past 50 cent to rise from the dead again
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31671 posts National Team Captain
    @ORANGEeffect05 @WFCBagnall bump to FIFA 19 section?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20386 posts Club Captain
    Gotchu
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Finishing up S5 of Bojack Horseman, brilliant show. And then I’ll finish off Dark
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20386 posts Club Captain
    Finishing up S5 of Bojack Horseman, brilliant show. And then I’ll finish off Dark

Almost caught up to the newest episode of Better Call Saul then I'll get to my backlog
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    Fab wrote: »
    Ozark S2 any good? S1 was a decent watch but that's about it. Does S2 get any better?

Heard it was good but haven't got around to it yet.
  • EddieFicio
    21370 posts Club Captain
    Ozark seems to be very good. Picked right off where it let you at the end of S1.
  • willdarko
    1102 posts Professional
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Ozark seems to be very good. Picked right off where it let you at the end of S1.

tumblr_ov1cdz1vZO1wvwvl3o1_540.gif
  • Carswell
    8185 posts League Winner

@Xtrem3 Poptarts German TV show Dark?
  • Currieman
    4920 posts National Call-Up

Almost caught up to the newest episode of Better Call Saul then I'll get to my backlog

I'm enjoying where BCS is going at the moment. The new series has been good so far.
  • CraigB85
    1724 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anyone been watching Shooter?