XBOX CC TV TALK

Comments

• Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    This looks good:

Also season 3 trailer of true detective:

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31652 posts National Team Captain
    Henry Cavill cast as Geralt for The Witcher Netflix series.
  • Argie8
    5718 posts Big Money Move
    Henry Cavill cast as Geralt for The Witcher Netflix series.

:open_mouth: very interesting!
  • RBailss
    11791 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    Power fans... How good was last week & this weeks episode... JEEEEEEZ!! Only one episode left now, surely they have to do another series?
  • BrentfordFC
    11585 posts Has That Special Something
    RBailss wrote: »
    Power fans... How good was last week & this weeks episode... JEEEEEEZ!! Only one episode left now, surely they have to do another series?

Been too good.
    Miss kanan though. Think Angela will snitch as proctor said
  • RBailss
    11791 posts Has That Special Something

Been too good.

Yeah, I agree on both points.

Has to be another season you'd think?
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Into the last episode of Jack Ryan …

Gotta love Tom Clancy!
  • BrentfordFC
    11585 posts Has That Special Something

Been too good.

Yeah, I agree on both points.

Has to be another season you'd think?

Definitely. Think Tariq has a further role to play. I have my suspicions of which will happen next episode but don’t wanna blow the lid on it and look like a **** :lol:
  • VanBasten12
    Ok … so, for me - the way they did this Jack Ryan series, was perfect!

8 episodes, treat it like a mini-series … hope there's many more "seasons" of this!
  • XxRichiexRichxX

8 episodes, treat it like a mini-series … hope there's many more "seasons" of this!

I’m on 5 right now and it’s been great.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17210 posts World Class
    Just finished Halt and Catch Fire last night. Such a good show.

If anyone has any interest in computing etc. it's a fantastic watch and maybe even if you aren't
  • VanBasten12
    Just finished Halt and Catch Fire last night. Such a good show.

If anyone has any interest in computing etc. it's a fantastic watch and maybe even if you aren't

Yeah, was a favourite of mine right from the start. I must say that AMC does things so well! The authenticity of their shows is simply the best out there.

Lee Pace is perfect in that role and the script depicts him as that troubled genius - "man way before his time".
  • VanBasten12

I’m on 5 right now and it’s been great.

Good one! Finale was tense - last time I felt like that was in the Season 1 finale of Homeland!
  • VanBasten12
    I was checking on IMDB and saw this:
    l4NaiP5.png

Of course most of us probably recognise them individually … but I never knew they were brothers!

I did click through to Alexander's profile and see this coming in November:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7598448/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

An AMC/BBC/Ink Factory production - adaptation of a John Le Carre novel. Another of Ink Factory's projects was The Night Manager (also John Le Carre) - enjoyed that one.
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone seen the pilot of Jim Carrey's new show, Kidding?

Looks like it's gonna be quality, and quite dark, towards the end his character looked like he was beginning to break and turn away from the happy go lucky guy he wants to be.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the series pans out.
  • VanBasten12

Looks like it's gonna be quality, and quite dark, towards the end his character looked like he was beginning to break and turn away from the happy go lucky guy he wants to be.

Saw it "up there" … decided against watching it.

Too many other quality shows and I'm only watching 1 sitcom … M*A*S*H* ... 70 episodes to go!
  • Davey Sprockett

Too many other quality shows and I'm only watching 1 sitcom … M*A*S*H* ... 70 episodes to go!

By the looks of it, I think it's going to be quite a bit deeper than just a sitcom, more a bit of psychological drama, we all know Carrey can really act, especially when it comes to darker roles.

It's going to be very interesting seeing a nice guy unravelling mentally as the series progresses.

I haven't been this excited for a show since I watched that first episode of Happy!, and we all know how much I raved on constantly about that one :D
  • VanBasten12

By the looks of it, I think it's going to be quite a bit deeper than just a sitcom, more a bit of psychological drama, we all know Carrey can really act, especially when it comes to darker roles.

It's going to be very interesting seeing a nice guy unravelling mentally as the series progresses.

I haven't been this excited for a show since I watched that first episode of Happy!, and we all know how much I raved on constantly about that one :D

Ah yes … I do remember that you put me on to Happy! … can't thank you enough!

Hmmm … will watch it then. Cheers for that mate.
  • Davey Sprockett

Ah yes … I do remember that you put me on to Happy! … can't thank you enough!

Hmmm … will watch it then. Cheers for that mate.

Nice, and cheers, I hope it turns out to be as good as I'm expecting it to be!

• Knowlesdinho
    10071 posts Has That Special Something
    Where you streaming M*A*S*H* @VanBasten12
  • Carswell
    8165 posts League Winner
    I was checking on IMDB and saw this:
    l4NaiP5.png

Of course most of us probably recognise them individually … but I never knew they were brothers!

I did click through to Alexander's profile and see this coming in November:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7598448/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_5

An AMC/BBC/Ink Factory production - adaptation of a John Le Carre novel. Another of Ink Factory's projects was The Night Manager (also John Le Carre) - enjoyed that one.

I see Floki
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2018

Gave it a watch last night, looks promising!
    Post edited by Shane on
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain

Looks good
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah love Narcos so can’t wait for this one.

Wonder if that cop is in it from the last 3. What’s his name? Pena?
  • Chubbs
    14256 posts Has That Special Something
    Just finished the new season of Homeland and loved it. Not the best but very solid. Cant wait to see where they go and how many more seasons they will keep it going.
  • Argie8
    5718 posts Big Money Move
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Just finished the new season of Homeland and loved it. Not the best but very solid. Cant wait to see where they go and how many more seasons they will keep it going.

Next season will be the last. I know a lot of people quit the show once Brody was written out but i do feel the show has really found its identity since. Really good show
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Finished Jack Ryan. Fantastic show in the end. I was hesitant on John Krasinski, he was great in the analyst side of things, but I was mixed on the action side of things. The guy will always be Jim from the Office for me.

In the end I thought he did a great job and he grew on me in the role. As for the show itself, it’s gets better each episode and was fantastic overall imo. There were a few things that were left unanswered that I’m hoping they address in the next season

I recommend it to anyone that’s curious about it.
  • VanBasten12
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Chubbs wrote: »

Next season will be the last. I know a lot of people quit the show once Brody was written out but i do feel the show has really found its identity since. Really good show

For me it did go missing a bit with the over-the-top Carrie moments. But then they pulled it together - loved the focus on Quinn … could have been a spinoff on him alone IMO!
  • VanBasten12
    Finished Jack Ryan. Fantastic show in the end. I was hesitant on John Krasinski, he was great in the analyst side of things, but I was mixed on the action side of things. The guy will always be Jim from the Office for me.

In the end I thought he did a great job and he grew on me in the role. As for the show itself, it’s gets better each episode and was fantastic overall imo. There were a few things that were left unanswered that I’m hoping they address in the next season

Good to hear!

I was convinced on him right from the start, mainly because of 13 hours. You seen that?
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Good to hear!

I was convinced on him right from the start, mainly because of 13 hours. You seen that?

I've not yet, it's on my list of show's to watch.