XBOX CC TV TALK

Comments

• BrentfordFC
    10327 posts Has That Special Something
    Rutta wrote: »
    Power wow!

Gunna be a good series me thinks

Oh you seen it. Yeah gonna kick off

Only seen 1st episode. But watching next one tonight !
  • mjs4p
    10853 posts Has That Special Something
    @Xtrem3 Poptarts

I just finished watching The Staircase last night! Did you get through it?

It sucked me in so much I’ve also listened to a BBC podcast about the case as well! :D
  • Carswell
    7867 posts League Winner
    Really enjoying Boardwalk Empire. 20’s era is awesome. Stephen Graham as Al Capone is equally awesome. He’s a great actor.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6255 posts Big Money Move
    mjs4p wrote: »
    @Xtrem3 Poptarts

It sucked me in so much I’ve also listened to a BBC podcast about the case as well! :D

Yes sir it was fantastic! What did you think of it?
    I don't think he did it. The evidence just wasn't there for me, not to mention the state expert who was faking the reports destroyed any case the prosecution had. The worst part is he didn't even get exonerated!
  • mjs4p
    @Xtrem3 Poptarts

I don't think he did it. The evidence just wasn't there for me, not to mention the state expert who was faking the reports destroyed any case the prosecution had. The worst part is he didn't even get exonerated!

Agree, it was fantastic! Definitely listen to the BBC podcast series if you have interest for an added perspective.
    I wasn’t sure if he did it from watching The Staircase, although I certainly did NOT think it was proven “beyond a reasonable doubt”, so I do not think he should have be convicted. However, after listening to the podcast combined with what I saw, I think he did it. They don’t mention it in the series but she had a partially fractured thyroid in her neck consistent with being choked. How does that happen from falling?
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Running out of TV shows to watch. Is peaky blinders good? Might give it a go
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    @Xtrem3 Poptarts

Agree, it was fantastic! Definitely listen to the BBC podcast series if you have interest for an added perspective.
    I wasn’t sure if he did it from watching The Staircase, although I certainly did NOT think it was proven “beyond a reasonable doubt”, so I do not think he should have be convicted. However, after listening to the podcast combined with what I saw, I think he did it. They don’t mention it in the series but she had a partially fractured thyroid in her neck consistent with being choked. How does that happen from falling?

Oh wow I did not know that! I wonder why they would leave that out of the documentary, that seems like a very material piece of information
  • mjs4p
    @Xtrem3 Poptarts

Oh wow I did not know that! I wonder why they would leave that out of the documentary, that seems like a very material piece of information

I think the general consensus is that The Staircase is likely biased in his direction while the podcast is biased in the direction of the prosecution, so you definitely get a different perspective from each.
  • VanBasten12
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    Carswell wrote: »
    Really enjoying Boardwalk Empire. 20’s era is awesome. Stephen Graham as Al Capone is equally awesome. He’s a great actor.

Good one!

Yeah - he does SO well! Love it now when I see him in other roles too, e.g. Save Me.
  • VanBasten12
    Shane wrote: »
    Running out of TV shows to watch. Is peaky blinders good? Might give it a go

Um … YES!

But … there's not a lot of them! :lol:

Let us know what genre you're after, and I'm sure others here will also chime in with recommendations. I won't be pointing you in any direction if you ask about sitcoms (other than M*A*S*H* :tongue: ), but I've watched way too many hours of series over the past dozen+ years.
  • vneklw
    2387 posts Fans' Favourite
    Better Call Saul season 4 has started :open_mouth:
  • Azof
    15072 posts World Class
    Good episode of bcs

Hate waiting a week between episodes though
  • CraigB85
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Xtrem3 Poptarts

@Xtrem3 Poptarts @mjs4p Just binge watched The Staircase over the last few days and about half way through the BBC podcast...
    Found it all very fascinating and frustrating that we'll never actually know the truth but from the podcast and online reading I'd say he's guilty but his guilt is not beyond a reasonable doubt so I don't think he should've been convicted.

Curious as to why the murder in Germany wasn't re-opened after he was found guilty at trial.

You guys read anything about this?
  • mjs4p
    @CraigB85

Agree with your conclusions. I believe I read somewhere that German authorities felt that so much time had passed (evidence destroyed or missing, no forensic evidence because it was thought to be accidental, witnesses dead, etc) that there would be no way to prove anything at this point.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    @CraigB85

Agree with your conclusions. I believe I read somewhere that German authorities felt that so much time had passed (evidence destroyed or missing, no forensic evidence because it was thought to be accidental, witnesses dead, etc) that there would be no way to prove anything at this point.

Starting to listen to the BBC podcast for more perspective, but not sure if I'll get through it all as there's so many parts :lol:
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    This season of The 100 has been truly spectacular, just cemented itself as my all time favourite season of any show ever.

It delivers consistently, each time more brutal, more unforgiving, more shocking.

If an Apocalypse really happened, this is how people would behave, nothing off limits, I've never seen a more uncompromising show, and it will only get more unflinchingly brutal next season.
  • Argie8
    5131 posts Big Money Move
    This season of The 100 has been truly spectacular, just cemented itself as my all time favourite season of any show ever.

It delivers consistently, each time more brutal, more unforgiving, more shocking.

If an Apocalypse really happened, this is how people would behave, nothing off limits, I've never seen a more uncompromising show, and it will only get more unflinchingly brutal next season.

All I've heard is great things about The 100...but when I watched the trailers for the first season it looked like classic CW teen bs so I've avoided it. Maybe I'll get round to it eventually
  • Davey Sprockett
    edited August 2018
    Argie8 wrote: »

All I've heard is great things about The 100...but when I watched the trailers for the first season it looked like classic CW teen bs so I've avoided it. Maybe I'll get round to it eventually

The first 3-5 episodes are like that, then it takes a sharp turn towards serious drama, best CW show, there are so many times I've been absolutely stunned by the turns the show has taken, mass genocide seems to be the favourite set piece, and then some shocking deaths are somewhat chilled for the show, and then some more genocide, followed by nuclear holocaust and a threatened abortion by handgun to top it off.

It's not a teen show by any stretch.

It's a roller-coaster nightmare showing what humans are capable of when they're pushed to the limit, with a good looking cast, which somehow just makes it all the more frightening.

Just wait till you see the best of Octavia, starts out as a sweet, pretty, vacuous teen girl, somehow becomes the most frightening human in existence.

@Argie8
  • Argie8
    5131 posts Big Money Move

The first 3-5 episodes are like that, then it takes a sharp turn towards serious drama, best CW show, there are so many times I've been absolutely stunned by the turns the show has taken, mass genocide seems to be the favourite set piece, and then some shocking deaths are somewhat chilled for the show, and then some more genocide, followed by nuclear holocaust and a threatened abortion by handgun to top it off.

It's a roller-coaster nightmare showing what humans are capable of when they're pushed to the limit, with a good looking cast, which somehow just makes it all the more frightening.

Just wait till you see the best of Octavia, starts out as a sweet, pretty, vacuous teen girl, somehow becomes the most frightening human in existence.

Interesting. I'll add it to the watch list
  • Davey Sprockett

Interesting. I'll add it to the watch list

Also there is a very Matrix like story line, where when prepping for the nuclear holocaust, people's consciousness was stored in a simulation, and cult arises around this.

I'd have to say this is the very best Sci fi show I've ever seen.

If you give it a chance it will astound you, the fact its been marketed as a Hunger Games esque, good looking kids doing nothing but looking good is underselling it to a ridiculous degree, I'd honestly say, Game of Thrones is lightweight viewing in comparison.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Gonna check the 100 out. Sounds like something I like.

Thanks
  • CraigB85
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    @CraigB85

Yeah that would make sense.

What you jumped on to watching now?
    @CraigB85

Starting to listen to the BBC podcast for more perspective, but not sure if I'll get through it all as there's so many parts :lol:

Yeah I just listen to them at work and getting through them quite quickly but had to re-listen to a couple when I've been distracted (by actual work) haha. Wish I had the time (and appetite) to read the books that they keep mentioning but hopefully the podcast gives enough of a summary of them as you progress through.
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    Just finished Manhunt: Unabomber.

They’ve obviously used dramatic licence to make the story, but it made me read more about it. Mainly because it seems to try and build up a degree of empathy with Ted Kaczynski.
    When you find out that he was part of the MKUltra experiment, it kind of makes you question whether he is actually a victim too?
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts

They’ve obviously used dramatic licence to make the story, but it made me read more about it. Mainly because it seems to try and build up a degree of empathy with Ted Kaczynski.
    When you find out that he was part of the MKUltra experiment, it kind of makes you question whether he is actually a victim too?

Ooo watched that a couple months back, so good!
  • CraigB85
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero

Ooo watched that a couple months back, so good!

Yeah very decent watch! Hoping they maybe do other Manhunt series now
  • Davey Sprockett

Crikey, conspiracy theories seem to be creeping more and more into the mainstream.

Even Trump had a meeting with one of the authors of the Q Anon conspiracy theory.

• Xtrem3 Poptarts
    Ozark S2 out today on Netflix, really enjoyed the first season so looking forward to that.
    Also, Jack Ryan on Prime Video released today as well with John Krasinski as the lead :open_mouth:
  • VanBasten12
    Ozark S2 out today on Netflix, really enjoyed the first season so looking forward to that.
    Also, Jack Ryan on Prime Video released today as well with John Krasinski as the lead :open_mouth:

Great shout! Thanks for the heads up.

He was fantastic in 13 Hours - suited that role so well so no doubt this should be a good one!