XBOX CC TV TALK

Comments

• AnDrEwThEdOn
    17261 posts World Class
    Sneaky Pete season 2 is really good so far. Forgot how much i liked season 1
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Fab wrote: »
    Finished The Shield last night, pretty dark and heavy at times. Up next is Sneaky Pete S2 and then probably one of Black Sails, Carnivale or Rome.

Rome! @Fab
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32138 posts National Team Captain
    Carswell wrote: »
    Finished The Shield last night, pretty dark and heavy at times. Up next is Sneaky Pete S2 and then probably one of Black Sails, Carnivale or Rome.

Rome! @Fab

Black Sails first
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner

Rome! @Fab

Black Sails first

You really can’t go wrong either way tbf, two of my favorite shows. May give black sails another watch since it’s been awhile.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Rome! @Fab

Black Sails first

You really can’t go wrong either way tbf, two of my favorite shows. May give black sails another watch since it’s been awhile.

For sure
  • Fab
    18274 posts World Class
    Will see once I get to it. Forgot about Twin Peaks and Money Heist too.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    I’ve only got 7 episodes of black sails left, am sad about it
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Painter753 wrote: »

It took me to about where you are at to realize that the show was loosely based on true stories haha... no idea why it took me that long to realize it. But yeah I feel like they could have kept going with it, but they handled the show really really well overall.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner

It took me to about where you are at to realize that the show was loosely based on true stories haha... no idea why it took me that long to realize it. But yeah I feel like they could have kept going with it, but they handled the show really really well overall.
    Yeah I’m really enjoying it. Feel like they rushed some stuff in season 3 and so far in season 4, but still very good overall.
    That Blackbeard death scene was absolutely brutal. Love how they filmed it as well, really captured the emotions of watching a man go through something like that.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Yeah I’m really enjoying it. Feel like they rushed some stuff in season 3 and so far in season 4, but still very good overall.
    That Blackbeard death scene was absolutely brutal. Love how they filmed it as well, really captured the emotions of watching a man go through something like that.

I wanted to comment on that scene but didn’t want to spoil anything. But your description of it is exactly how I was going to describe it haha.
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Actor that plays Blackbeard is awesome as one of the main 2 characters in Rome.
  • BrentfordFC
    12416 posts Has That Special Something
    Has anyone watched save me?

Kept seeing it advertised on Sky so downloaded the box set. It’s ok ish. The main actor did a pretty good job and it’s watchable!
  • Argie8
    5891 posts Big Money Move
    Has anyone watched save me?

Kept seeing it advertised on Sky so downloaded the box set. It’s ok ish. The main actor did a pretty good job and it’s watchable!

3 episodes in, seems decent
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6877 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2018
    Has anyone watched Ripper Street?

Made by BBC and I found Sherlock brilliant. Always been intrigued by the Whitechapel murder so this is right up my alley.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move

Made by BBC and I found Sherlock brilliant. Always been intrigued by the Whitechapel murder so this is right up my alley.

Yeah - Ripper Street is a good watch. Do like Matthew Macfadyen - fantastic in Pillars of the Earth!
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts

Yeah - Ripper Street is a good watch. Do like Matthew Macfadyen - fantastic in Pillars of the Earth!

Cheers, have added it to the list. Started the Frankenstein Chronicles and has a similar feel, and very short in comparison to Ripper Street (only 12 episodes!). Not to mention Sean Bean is the protagonist.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Finished black sails. Didn’t particularly like the ending of some characters but really really enjoyed jacks ending. Solidified into my personal top 5 for sure
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    edited March 2018
    Guessing this is the best place to ask; best streaming device? Should really get a new TV but gf hates big TVs so no point and so stuck with a non smart TV..

Needs if possible NF, iplayer, ITV, 4oD, 5oD etc. Kodi too perhaps? Can you get devices with those main ones as apps and add kodi on?
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Guessing this is the best place to ask; best streaming device? Should really get a new TV but gf hates big TVs so no point and so stuck with a non smart TV..

Needs if possible NF, iplayer, ITV, 4oD, 5oD etc. Kodi too perhaps? Can you get devices with those main ones as apps and add kodi on?
    Fire stick
  • XxRichiexRichxX

You can get Kodi on xbox... just FYI.
  • coatsy

Can you use naughty Addons...?
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    Started The Frankenstein Chronicles and has been brilliant so far, love Sean Bean
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Yes
  • coatsy

Yes

Wow lol.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Mate put me onto Santa Clarita Diet. Saw it was Timothy Olyphant - great! ... but then realised it was a comedy. Hmmm .... at least it's not studio/canned laughter crap.

... 5 episodes in and I've had some quite a few "spitting out my food / snorting / laughter" moments.

Genuinely not what I had in mind and is a decent side watch with a good cast.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Done 1 season of Rome so far. It’s good but nothing really special imo. Wish they didn’t skip over all the battle scenes lmao
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Still have to start GOT S6 and 7
  • Fab
    18274 posts World Class
    edited March 2018
    Just finished season 1 of La casa de papel and wow, this is amazing. Ambitious series but pulls it off flawlessly. Currently Sea of Thieving the second season seeing as it isn't on Netflix (yet). If you're not shy of watching foreign productions with subtitles (or what is likely to be a mediocre dub), this is honestly a must watch.

Edit: okay these subs are terrible will just wait for season 2 to hit netflix in 2 weeks
    Post edited by Fab on
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    Frankenstein Chronicles S1 was really great, S2 was okay
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Done 1 season of Rome so far. It’s good but nothing really special imo. Wish they didn’t skip over all the battle scenes lmao

I hate off screen fights/battles. Can ruin a show/movie.