Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

This Game Should Have Team Level Tiers

Gromit
4069 posts National Call-Up
edited October 2017
An idea to break this EPL dead lock, how about if you could select a tier to play in. It would also open up bronze and silvers again. The proposal being you could use these TIERS in Seasons or WL. Just select what Tier you wish to compete in before the game and have a team that matches those requirements , they could scale the rewards accordingly, though that may be detrimental to the idea of trying to push away from everyone using the EPL etc

The tiers groups are just an idea, thrown together from looking at the list on FUThead of how many golds cards etc are available per league. They could be changed or even a 5th of 6th tier added, it's just a theoretical idea.

If both players are using teams from the same tier I see no real danger, no advantage or disadvantage. I know people would "suss out" the top players from each tier and those players would be more popular. But it has to be better than what we have now where 1 league is dominating. This at least opens up every league as a usable alternative.

Tier 1

EPL, La Liga, Bundes, Calcio A, Ligue 1, Icons

Tier 2

Liga Nos, Supa Lig, Sogaz Russian, Bancomer MX, Primera Div, Eredivisie, MLS

Tier 3

EFL. Pro League, Hellas, La Liga 1,2,3, Ukrayina, Raiffeisen, Bundesliga 2, Jameel League, Liga Dimayer

Tier 4

All other leagues, these leagues all contain less than 10 golds.

Comments

• Gromit
    No thoughts on this? :(
  • Purplejacket
    2935 posts National Call-Up
    You guys complaining about other people teams are thick, just quit the game.
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    It's one suggestion. I still prefer the idea of seeing my opponents team before committing to the match.

Much rather play a full icon team than the same old boring generic PL side that the imaginative folk seem to throw my way....yawn.
  • pekkaa88
    6563 posts Big Money Move
    Its called ultimate team. Not pick an easy tier so you can have competitive team for 3k
  • pekkaa88
    It's one suggestion. I still prefer the idea of seeing my opponents team before committing to the match.

Much rather play a full icon team than the same old boring generic PL side that the imaginative folk seem to throw my way....yawn.

You know that would never work in a million years
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    pekkaa88 wrote: »

You know that would never work in a million years

It would work for me lol.

Can't see anyone trying to dodge my Russian side or my Saudi/Ligue 1 hybrid, while I can avoid the usual generic dross I get matched up with.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    surely it would be easier to have a featured event every week with decent prizes and proper rules. By that I mean rules that dont allow subbing up, benching down etc. You are never going to control the teams people use in the WL or seasons.

I cup event would go a long way to addressing some of the variety of content issues, but you will see traders just PFing players if the reqs are too narrow.

Content has been focused on higher level, more expensive players not variety. When you make them so expensive/rare and you make the in game effectiveness of say Rashford equivalent to players that cost a lot more, most are going to stop at Rashford.
  • Boss0
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You guys complaining about other people teams are thick, just quit the game.

So he is thick for asking for diversity in a game that has thousands of players but the cancerous community sticks to the same 15 meta players world wide?...
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Xtc wrote: »
    surely it would be easier to have a featured event every week with decent prizes and proper rules. By that I mean rules that dont allow subbing up, benching down etc. You are never going to control the teams people use in the WL or seasons.

I cup event would go a long way to addressing some of the variety of content issues, but you will see traders just PFing players if the reqs are too narrow.

Content has been focused on higher level, more expensive players not variety. When you make them so expensive/rare and you make the in game effectiveness of say Rashford equivalent to players that cost a lot more, most are going to stop at Rashford.

Easy solution...

...Gold Cup.
  • Gromit
    Its called ultimate team. Not pick an easy tier so you can have competitive team for 3k

It's just a name.

If it were to be taken literally why would they ever have had bronze players knob.

There's 20+ leagues in the game and thousands of players. Currently very few are used. My idea opens up the possibility of using every league in seasons and WL with the knowledge you'll face a team that to a degree is fairly matched.

Currently you can't realistically enter a Primera Division team into WL because you know you'll face a much more OP team.

As ever, this board is blind to diversity and just wants to sweat it with Musa and Rashford.
  • Ball man
    415 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gromit wrote: »
    No thoughts on this? :(

I like it, at the moment FUT is half a game. I loved playing silver and bronze matches.;
  • Gromit
    Xtc wrote: »

@Xtc
    Why is that easier?

What your suggesting means that you would have to make a specific team each time to match the requirements of that cup. And you'd be making a team to EAs requirements not your own and a team you'd likely bin after the cup was over with.

My suggestion opens up every league for the entire lifespan of the game. And if you have a great Tier 2 team you love, you can play with it all year long.

Also because every player is basically usable price fixing isn't so much of an issue. Yes the most OP players from each league would cost more, but no more than in past years when we had cups.

I can't believe people really want to play EPL v EPL all year?

I don't own 18, because its simply too boring and generic now. But if EA had something like this I'd buy it tomorrow. The idea that I could make a hybrid from Tier 2 or 3 and face another such team is heaven.

Wouldn't it be a refreshing change to face an Eredivisie team or a Liga Nos team?
  • Keepthechange
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    It already takes ages to find an opponent, doing this will make it take even longer.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    @Gromit it would, but you are trying to put your finger in the ❤️❤️❤️❤️. This game is long gone. No way they are going to put time and effort into something that get marginal players used. Right now silvers and bronzes are trading tolls for SBCs. That not changing...

Im old. I loved the old game. This one is so bad i rarely play.
  • Blinky
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm confused as to what tier you'd be out in with a hybrid team? Would it be a separate tier? How many player from different leagues would it take to be hybrid? Would 10 serie a and one bpl do? It very much sounds like an idea for the game that forces many people that don't see it as a problem, to play by a set of rules that suits you.
  • Gromit
    edited October 2017
    Blinky wrote: »
    I'm confused as to what tier you'd be out in with a hybrid team? Would it be a separate tier? How many player from different leagues would it take to be hybrid? Would 10 serie a and one bpl do? It very much sounds like an idea for the game that forces many people that don't see it as a problem, to play by a set of rules that suits you.

What is there to be confused by?

>The leagues are split in to tiers.
    >Each tier has at least 6 leagues
    >Build a team from 1 league
    >Or build a hybrid from the leagues in that tier

You can still play with your EPL team, but you'll only face opponents from Tier 1 teams. Which lets face it is what 90% of teams you will face now are anyway.

The advantage is obviously for the lesser leagues because it means you can use a Primera Division or Superliga team and face a similar team not an 88 rated EPL / Icon hybrid.

It's not about getting an "easier" game, if your opponents have the same pool of players to choose from. It's just about making every league useable in a more fair balanced way.

I realise not using an EPL team might be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ hard concept to comprehend for some. But before 16 people shock horror used to have some ❤️❤️❤️❤️ imagination and have a blast with non rares, silvers, bronzes and use leagues outside of the top 4 leagues.

The disadvantage is you couldn't put say a Supaliga player in your EPL team. But IMO its better that than what we have now.
  • Blinky
    "The disadvantage is you couldn't put say a Supaliga player in your EPL team. But IMO its better that than what we have now."

This is the problem, the idea of ultimate team is you can theoretically build any team you wish... You want to destroy that because you're some anti big league elitist. If this were to happen how long of searching do you think it would take you to get a game playing with a lower tier? So glad ea don't really take ideas from here because with their recent stupidity this would be right up their alley.

• Gromit
    edited October 2017
    "The disadvantage is you couldn't put say a Supaliga player in your EPL team. But IMO its better that than what we have now."

This is the problem, the idea of ultimate team is you can theoretically build any team you wish... You want to destroy that because you're some anti big league elitist. If this were to happen how long of searching do you think it would take you to get a game playing with a lower tier? So glad ea don't really take ideas from here because with their recent stupidity this would be right up their alley.

@Blinky
    Lol its not anti big league elitism

It's the simple fact the game is EPL EPL EPL

Its plain to see and you know it. Basically I'm brainstorming an idea to bring diversity back to the game.

My idea doesn't have to be universal to the game. You could apply it to just seasons, or just weekend league.

As for "waiting time" most people will be Tier 1 so have no waiting time. The lower Tiers may have waiting time. But at least they'd have an option to get a game that isn't EPL EPL EPL.

On 16 I played a lot of silver games and I did often have a wait. But I'd rather have the option to wait as opposed to no option at all.
  • Blinky
    But why would should they just apply it to seasons, or weekend league? And alter that game mode for millions of people just to suit you? As a compromise, would you accept a goldless mode? A set of maybe 5 leagues with much smaller rewards (to reflect the cheapness of silver and bronzes in comparison) where people that don't want to play with the best/most expensive/most popular league sides, can all play each other with teams that have to be all silver and bronze?
  • Gromit
    edited October 2017
    But why would should they just apply it to seasons, or weekend league? And alter that game mode for millions of people just to suit you? As a compromise, would you accept a goldless mode? A set of maybe 5 leagues with much smaller rewards (to reflect the cheapness of silver and bronzes in comparison) where people that don't want to play with the best/most expensive/most popular league sides, can all play each other with teams that have to be all silver and bronze?

@Blinky
    I don't care about rewards. I'd play for 600c and nothing else.

And its not "just for me" prior to the 15k seasons rewards you could get a bronze game in 20 seconds and silver wasn't too bad either 30 seconds to a minute. Up until 15 I was playing maybe 800+ bronze and silver games.

So there was clearly a community out there. It was the draw of high coin rewards that killed them off.

I'd take any mode that allows the ability to use the bronze and silvers and non rares. I'm not anti gold. I use the top cards, I use TOTS cards. But when you play 1500+ games a year and when your paying good money I expect more depth and variety. This game currently isn't value for money IMO.

I actually appreciate it when my opponent has an interesting well thought out team. But what enjoyment was there to be had in 17 when 9 out of 10 teams were EPL with Butland Smalling Walker Shaw Kante Eriksen Martial and Mane?

I don't have 18, played the Beta but had always planned not to buy it. I can stand flawed gameplay mechanics, But there's no attraction of dull monotonous tedious samey gameplay.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something

It's not so much about being cheap, it's about wanting to play a team outside the top five leagues and not be at a handicap. Sometimes those teams can actually be expensive (like when you get rando expensive IFs in leagues like MLS). They really should find a way outside of SBCs to make the other 99.9% of cards matter.
  • Gromit

@pekkaa88

And why shouldn't you have a competitive team for 3k? What logic do you have?

I mean its called "Mario Kart" but you don't have to play as Mario.

There is no "ultimate team" if it was really that then why isn't every team just the 11 best players in the world?. Why are Musa and Butland popular. Neither of those are the top players in their position.

FUT is just a game, and like any game it should have more levels. Why do you find it hard to understand that you could put a bronze or silver team together for a few K and have a fun afternoon playing FUT?

People used to go on about the Brasilvers back in the day and the English bronze team was OP as ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

This game could be so much more, I'm lost as to why anyone would be content with the way the game is now.

More so why be against an idea like this when you can still play with your gold EPL team anyway?
  • heavymcd
    I'd suggest focusing less on what league players are in, and how common they are, and just focus on squad rating. Simply give players in Divisions the same option H2H players have, which is to limit matchmaking to players with squads at or near their own squad rating. If you're using silvers and low-rated golds, that *should* naturally limit the number of bog standard WL squads you run into.

You could tweak it as necessary, but basically go by star rating and give players the options of "any," "limited expand," or "match exactly." So if you have a 4.5* team and want to only play other 4.5* teams, you have that option. Whether that makes matchmaking take longer is for you to deal with (players with "any" as their option should see little change).

You might want to tweak how star ratings are calculated for the mode, though, to prevent the "studs n' duds" approach. Bronze benching is easy to fix, simply factor in *only* the highest three players on the bench, and set it up so that the bench can only *raise* rating, not lower it.

Boom, done.
  • Gromit
    heavymcd wrote: »
    I'd suggest focusing less on what league players are in, and how common they are, and just focus on squad rating. Simply give players in Divisions the same option H2H players have, which is to limit matchmaking to players with squads at or near their own squad rating. If you're using silvers and low-rated golds, that *should* naturally limit the number of bog standard WL squads you run into.

You could tweak it as necessary, but basically go by star rating and give players the options of "any," "limited expand," or "match exactly." So if you have a 4.5* team and want to only play other 4.5* teams, you have that option. Whether that makes matchmaking take longer is for you to deal with (players with "any" as their option should see little change).

You might want to tweak how star ratings are calculated for the mode, though, to prevent the "studs n' duds" approach. Bronze benching is easy to fix, simply factor in *only* the highest three players on the bench, and set it up so that the bench can only *raise* rating, not lower it.

Boom, done.

Yeah but some players are too OP.

I played a lot of single matches in 17 and you'd face people with the obvious bronze bench and with a few low rated cards in the team but then 3 or 4 godly cards and the reality is thats all you need.

I'm trying to focus on the idea of facing completely different teams. It would not be an improvement to me to face Butland Dembele Martial Mbappe with a few cheap bronze and silvers there to lower the rating.
  • heavymcd
    Yeah but some players are too OP.

True among silvers as well.
    I played a lot of single matches in 17 and you'd face people with the obvious bronze bench and with a few low rated cards in the team but then 3 or 4 godly cards and the reality is thats all you need

Already addressed both of these points. Bronze benching is trivial to address, as already explained. The "studs n' duds" approach is nullified by changing how star rating is calculated for the mode. More than 3 players 82+? Your team is now 5*. More than 2? 4.5*. Any players over 83? 4*. Maybe add another at 86 (any 86+ in the squad and you're 4.5*). You could theorycraft it pretty easily, I just don't think the "league tier" approach is best.

You want to face different teams, I get that, but when creating my super creative team I shouldn't have the entirety of the top five leagues taken away. For instance, if I want to make a "past and present Sounders" squad to take in, I should be able to pick up Yedlin, even though he's in PL. He's still a silver.

• Forca-Barca
    3452 posts National Call-Up
    How about build your own team how you like it and face whoever you match. Easy fix. Just fix where a player should play their rating... Musa should not be playing like CR7 or Messi. Bakayoko should not be playing like Naingoloan imo....
  • pekkaa88

It's just a name.

If it were to be taken literally why would they ever have had bronze players knob.

There's 20+ leagues in the game and thousands of players. Currently very few are used. My idea opens up the possibility of using every league in seasons and WL with the knowledge you'll face a team that to a degree is fairly matched.

Currently you can't realistically enter a Primera Division team into WL because you know you'll face a much more OP team.

As ever, this board is blind to diversity and just wants to sweat it with Musa and Rashford.

@pekkaa88

And why shouldn't you have a competitive team for 3k? What logic do you have?

I mean its called "Mario Kart" but you don't have to play as Mario.

There is no "ultimate team" if it was really that then why isn't every team just the 11 best players in the world?. Why are Musa and Butland popular. Neither of those are the top players in their position.

FUT is just a game, and like any game it should have more levels. Why do you find it hard to understand that you could put a bronze or silver team together for a few K and have a fun afternoon playing FUT?

People used to go on about the Brasilvers back in the day and the English bronze team was OP as ****.

This game could be so much more, I'm lost as to why anyone would be content with the way the game is now.

More so why be against an idea like this when you can still play with your gold EPL team anyway?

@Gromit
    For me the main idea of FUT is to gain coins so I can get more and more competitive team. If I could get that in the first week, it would pretty much kill the whole idea of FUT for me..

And I've always been a hybrid guy, so dont start that gold EPL team bs with me, I've used 2 EPL players in FUT18. Jesus and Fernandinho..